OK, so now I need to hear the Perle Horror Stories

Lola24

O.G.
Jul 11, 2006
I wanted unbiased opinions on color with my other thread, but now I just NEED to know how bad of an experience anyone has had with Perle. I have some beige pieces and have had no problems at all, and I'll probably switch off enough that the perle reade pm potentially in my future will not be used for months and months at a time.....

i haven't had any problems with my Bedford so far, and i know because one day when i stepped out of the car and closed the door, my Bedford crashed into the door too. when i checked later, it was miraculously unscathed.

As long as you keep it away from anything where ink can transfer, you should be fine. Keep away from newspapers, magazines, receipts, pens, markers, etc. This goes for any vernis pieces, not just perle.

I am too afraid of color transfer to own my dream Perle Malibu.
I am that person, you know, the one who if anything can go wrong it will go wrong & I just know that the gorgeous Perle would be wasted on me... :sad:

Bag*Snob said:
As long as you keep it away from anything where ink can transfer, you should be fine. Keep away from newspapers, magazines, receipts, pens, markers, etc. This goes for any vernis pieces, not just perle.
right, I know that, I've even had that problem a little with some of my epi pieces.......well I'm good @ touchups too, everyone would probably laugh at me if I told them some of my scary tricks, but I have a shade of nailpolish to match every bag I own, it's good for masking tiny problems which is normally what I experience, I never have a bag that stays "Perfect" but I can usually keep them looking good, and when a little something happens I say to myself....hey, that's how I know it's my bag......

I don't own anything pearle but I used to have a rose spring street and it got scuff marks from the polish on my nails rubbing against it and the escalator handles. Despite that...I enjoyed the piece for many years, so definitely do not let that get in the way of enjoying the Perle.

Lola24, you were the one that told me not to be scared of getting a Vernis cles. I know you're not going to be a scardy cat and run away from the Perle because it might get hurt?:smile:

elongreach said:
Lola24, you were the one that told me not to be scared of getting a Vernis cles. I know you're not going to be a scardy cat and run away from the Perle because it might get hurt?:smile:
No absolutely not, my cles has held up sooooo well, but then I'm hearing stories about the perle and I though someone said something about yellow marks.....and the SA's always say how tough the light colors are. My beige cles has held up perfectly though so I'm trying to get some perspective on this, are people scared or are there REALLY horror stories out there. So far, not hearin the horror stories!

Zzuliyta said:
is the vernis hard to take care of?
i've been eyeing the zippy and keyholder...
I haven't had any major issues with any vernis I have, I'm just trying to see if this is a myth or if anyone has actually had a horrible experience with vernis.....I think I'm still going to go with the perle reade and I love my pm agenda in framboise and cles in beige, I'd say go for it, vernis is so pretty!

Would vernis be a problem for something heavily used as the zippy? That would rub up against other things inside a bag. I'm interested in the zippy in perle, but also am scared of that color for those reasons...

nyaao said:
Would vernis be a problem for something heavily used as the zippy? That would rub up against other things inside a bag. I'm interested in the zippy in perle, but also am scared of that color for those reasons...
I would imagine if you use the zippy wallet every single day in all different bags etc.. it's going to get some wear as any wallet would, but we have to remember, as my DH always says to me, these are things meant to be USED, as much as we don't want them to age and wear it is what they're meant for.....he helps me keep this in perspective! Anyway, I wouldn't expect it to be much more difficult to deal with than any other light colored wallet and I think at this point we should get what we like and use it and enjoy it, that's what I'm stickin to today!

I'm using my zippy framboise wallet today for the first time, and just ordered the framboise Brentwood, and I think I'll buy someone else's dream malibu in Perle..haha...

The zippy is too fabulous and I also want it in Perle, which was my first choice, but in the end, I'm a framboise girl... WILL get a perle something,,, it's mouth watering.. I think the Reade and zippy would both be fabulous in Perle.. okay, I've heard people post about Vernis flaking and white showing from underneath, like the Vernis flaking off, my guess is this would be a temperature issue, like exposure to way hot and then cold... but no details on this...