OK! First look at Chloe A/W 07/08

Mmmmmm so it's orange for A/W then!!
Like the orange coat, the shoes.
What is going on with that black zipped batwing thing? UGH!!
That big bag gets more ridiculous each time I look at it but what's the bets we will all be craving it in September :yahoo:

Definite shades of Marni - as predicted. So, frankly, I'm not that surprised.​

OK, things I like, partially like, or don't mind:​

00220m.jpg

I like the design of this bag, but I feel that large bags should be less structured and the leather looks too hard, to me.​

00180m.jpg
00090m.jpg

I like the design of this, too, but, again, the leather looks a bit stiff and the logo is a little large for my taste - it's a possibility, though.​

00170m.jpg
00350m.jpg
00350m.jpg

Very Marniesque top and tunic with 'Magpie' embroidery - but very pretty.​

00180m.jpg

I actually like this countryside print a lot. It's called 'Secret Garden', apparently. Wish it had longer sleeves.​

00210m.jpg

VERY Marni! I feel fairly ambivalent about it...​

00250m.jpg

This is OK, I suppose. Although, it looks a bit see-through...​

00270m.jpg

Again, nice enough Marn.....I mean Chloe 'Magpie' top. Not keen on the 'Murder Scene' print (I think that's its name...? One of the prints is certainly called that! :lol: ) skirt.​

00390m.jpg

Again, I have to say I like this print. Not entirely sure about the 'Mushy Pea' green, though...​

00290m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00330m.jpg

As for the boots - I actually don't mind them, as I like Doc Martens and I think they're due for a revival. But I would, personally, far prefer to buy genuine Doc Martens, that I could walk in comfortably, for a fifth (or less) of the price. Good for people who would like their Docs with a pointed toe and a high heel though, I suppose...​

I think the real question is - 'Yes, but is it Chloe?'. :shrugs:

I wonder if they will release more shoes, or that's it? Last fall chloé shoes were HUGE, looks like in this collection they've only got one pair of boots...

ETA: and a couple bootie versions of the boots...

Very dissapointing, that's not the Chloe I used to love, esp. regarding the accessories. Well, as much as I love Paddy, Betty, Bay etc, it seems like next season I'll save my money.

WOW - I actually love this stuff. The boots are Doc Martens on steroids. It is such a young, hip style. Not for me but, boy would it work for my daughter. Very original new age stuff. Ya gotta be young, obviously, and rich enough so it is all for a select few.

I'm not liking ANY of it. I think this is a change of direction for the worse. I'm not a fan of Marni anyway and to see Chloe doing 'similar' is a massive turn off for me,which is probably better for my finances but not for me! xx