Oh no, I love it........

I know what you mean about the price. The SC IS quite a bit more and I have also asked the question, is it really worth it? Now, after several months, many visits to the LV boutique and lots of comparisons to other potential bags, I think I am almost comfortable taking the plunge.

I think if you go back and the Palermo gives you the same feeling as the SC (or pretty close to it), you'll have your answer. The Palermo is a beautiful and practical bag as well. Let us know what you decide and have fun with your shopping. That's the best part! :yahoo:

You have entered the LV zone... there is no going back... maybe forward to "H"appy land...

SC bags are very multipurpose. You will get a lot of use for it. Keep it.

OK, I made my decision, it went back. I don't regret the decision because I made myself take it back out of the box and try it on, and the strap is really a deal breaker. It is just not long enough for cross body, and it doesn't stay on my shoulder well for a shoulder carry. As much as I love this bag, I want this bag to be a workhorse for travel and carrying my laptop and stuff. I definitely need a cross body. A new strap would have added over $300, and the original strap looks great with the bag so it seems like a waste to me.

I did check out the Palermo, but they only had a PM, but I really liked it! I think the GM Palermo will definitely be my it bag, and maybe with the savings I can also justify a Speedy or something else! On a side note I was not so pleased with the customer service at LV SF. The bag arrived to me last night and was returned at noon today. The way they inspected it made me feel like a criminal. I've never seen that happen before, and would never do that in front of my customers (I own a store). Also, I let him know that I wanted to most likely exchange the bag, but he just processed the return and handed me the receipt. No help with other bags, not even really a glance at me. Not that it should matter, but I was dressed well with my Balenciaga bag, and I'm in my 40s, so not young! I'm so not impresse, but in the end I spoke to someone about the Palermo and she seemed nice and even took my name to call me, so :biggrin:.

I know I'm in the minority but I think you made the right decision. It's hard to justify the inflation of a speedy-like bag even with all the extra detailing. A Palermo sounds more like a bag you're looking for and you could even get a spare if you compare it with the price of the SC bag.

I just found out through the purseforum that LV has a new line called the Empreinte. It's all leather bags and the price range seems just right to me. They have a tote priced at 2180. (All leather and cheaper than the SC bag!) I don't know if you've heard of it but with a leather bag you won't have to worry about vachetta if you want a workhorse bag. Good luck with any decision you make! :smile:

Also try the monogram neo. I love mine and it is quite versatile. I can carry it in my hand, on my arm or shoulder(with the handle or the addl. Strap) or cross body.

Also try the monogram neo. I love mine and it is quite versatile. I can carry it in my hand, on my arm or shoulder(with the handle or the addl. Strap) or cross body.

Wow, I LOVE that one. I might have to figure out which one of these two now. They seem so different, I'm going to really think about me needs. I had not even looked at the Neo because in the picture on LV.com you can't see the long strap. I love the little lock!