OH NO! Busted by DH

LMAO.....that's so cute, but scary at the same time. i'm sure we've all "fudged" a price or two in our day....i know i have! i hope my DH doesn't poke around on "my side" of ebay very often! lol...

LOL - that's hilarious!! I'm sure it's fine... my DH is clueless about fashion, but he does notice new things. I'm sure he has a vague idea how much you buy already :yes: ! On the plus side, at least he browses voluntarily!

CB, just pretend you're shopping for a new horse -- a PSG warmblood. print out pedigrees, pictures etc, and of course leave the dover catalog out with post-it notes on the pages for all the new equipment you'll need. oh, and leave the import requirements paperwork casually lying around too.

he'll be so worried about that, he won't give a damn about a few bracelets and scarves. and then, IF he ever starts the hermes conversation you can say it was something to console yourself when you realized it would be much too expensive to import and support the new horse.

Oh dear...that's a biggie!! Well my dh opened a package of mine last summer which contained an azap wallet...and well we all know how darn expensive those wallets are...and he kept it HOSTAGE!!!! Swore he was going to return it, etc. I managed to find it and use it before he could think of such a thing any further...phew! I prefer to say things are from fellow pf gals lol!

ROFLMAO!!! Did he really??? That is hysterical! He's a funny guy with a black sense of humor!

Yipes! Hope it works out for you...I think some of the other ladies have given you sound advise. Maybe get a few Land Rover brochures...maybe if he thinks you are thinking about a new car...scarfs, bracelets and handbags will seem pretty tame.

CB - this is terrifying!! I would change my id immediately!!! Yikes.

He's a smart detective. But you're right - at least he's surfing for H for you - he knows he can buy you more there for less $$$. That's very smart.

And, you know, as resourceful as he sounds, he's probably already checked out your history. And he's still talking to you!! And you never lied about any of it, so it's going to be OK. He loves you very much to be trying to find you H treats on ebay.

But yikes! I would still stop transacting as that ebay id!!

(p.s. does your first note mean you are considering fleurs's pink and white extraordinary enamel bracelet (or did I read too fast and get that wrong)?? OH! That is SO lovely!!! I hope you win it if you want it!!)

CobaltBlu, I think what you need is a NEW ebay ID, just for Hermes stuff. Lots of people have two, there is nothing unethical or strange about it. I have two - my "public" one, where even sometimes I have sold small items (like cups and saucers for friends) and a second one, once I realized that my husband and friends could be looking up what I bought. Ahem. So the new one is totally unknown to them, it has a bland and unidentifiable user name as well, and is linked to a separate e-mail account I use just for ebay (which has truly simplified my life for other reasons!). I don't recommend making your feedback private (except as an emergency right now) for any extended period of time, because it makes sellers wonder about you, too.

CB, just pretend you're shopping for a new horse -- a PSG warmblood. print out pedigrees, pictures etc, and of course leave the dover catalog out with post-it notes on the pages for all the new equipment you'll need. oh, and leave the import requirements paperwork casually lying around too.

he'll be so worried about that, he won't give a damn about a few bracelets and scarves. and then, IF he ever starts the hermes conversation you can say it was something to console yourself when you realized it would be much too expensive to import and support the new horse.

here's a start:
http://www.horse.dk/uk/breed/dv/horse.asp?HorseID=14168
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/NCIE/3day_equine.html

DH asked me the other night, "Now, just how many scarves DO you have????" and I almost dropped on the spot. Thankfully, I wear one almost every day so he sees that they're being put to good use.................but another one is on it's way, thanks to my BIN-crazed cat!!!!!

.....but another one is on it's way, thanks to my BIN-crazed cat!!!!!

:roflmfao:

I love that--I wonder if I can use that excuse, er, explanation . . .

CobaltB, I think I would get a second ebay ID right away! He may have looked at the history already, since he matched up the ID with you--maybe he recognized some things you already have. The most amazing part of the story to me is that he was shopping for Hermes! I wish my DH would consider shopping for me at H, but I don't think it will ever occur to him without a LOT of hinting, LOL.

I can't even blame my cat for my purchases:confused1:

It's my dog that I have to worry about......

Hermesbracelet2-1.jpg

Look at that silly dog.....he can't possibly know how to use a computer!!

muffinshopmom.jpg