Oh jesus. Buyer saying my bag is fake.

I am glad this appears to have worked out in your favor. The fact that they refused to return the bag is a huge red flag. I hope that you don't recieve any more drama from these people.

I think you should neg her as well. So other sellers wont have to deal with her nonsense. This is whats going to be horrible when sellers cant leave neg. I know there are alot of scammer sellers but there are scammer buyers and there going to take over ebay when may comes.

I'm not even a buyer/seller on eBay and it makes me mad that negative feedback will cease to exist. How will people like me who may not shop on eBay or know a lot about seller's history fare in something like that. It is bad for everyone who is honest. From what I can tell, the only people who stand to benefit from ebay's new BS policy would be the scammers...

Right, I'm sure she's going to throw it away. :rolleyes:

Good job, this is NOT worth it.

I'm not even a buyer/seller on eBay and it makes me mad that negative feedback will cease to exist. How will people like me who may not shop on eBay or know a lot about seller's history fare in something like that. It is bad for everyone who is honest. From what I can tell, the only people who stand to benefit from ebay's new BS policy would be the scammers...

It's that the sellers can't leave negative fb for the buyers. So now sellers won't be able to tell if they're dealing with a scammer buyer. Buyers can leave all the negative fb they want no matter if it's warranted or not.

Hey Em, I'm letting you gals know right now- the Gucci store on 5th Ave, here in NYC, does not authenticate for anyone. (I should know, I work an avenue away, my friend works there AND I've tried authenticating of my own) It's against their store policy to do so. So either she's lying or has a friend that works there as well. Another thing to point out- just because someone works, in this case Gucci, a specific store does not mean they are well-versed in the complete accessories/clothing/shoes/handbag line of that particular brand. You would have to have a computer mind to keep such detailed info in your mind. Just my 2 cents. :shrugs: :smile:

I agree! I can't ever get anyone to authenticate a bag in a store. I just looked at the one of the shelf and did the comparison myself and everything was identical. I bought my first Gucci on eBay and was scared to death it was fake. Everyone in the authenticate thread here said it was real, but there is still the voice in the back of your head. I compared the one on the shelf to mine and there wasn't a difference I could see. However, at both boutiques I went to they told me they would not authenticate the bag. You can mail it in, but as other's have said if it is fake Gucci may keep the bag and send you a letter. She did not have 3 managers tell her it was fake at the store.

LOL... how funny. Wait until the PayPal claim is closed and then leave feedback indicating she was sent an authentic bag and she tried to claim it was fake.

This is so complicated! My goodness! What a mess you had to go through!
How does one get a security tag and who is CarolDiva....how does that work?

CarolDiva authenticates LV and some Gucci.
www.caroldiva.com. She used to work with My Poupette but then she ended up with her own site...she's great and if we on the LV authentication can't decide whether a certain piece is authentic, we refer the poster to her.

As for security tags, here's a topic about them:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/what-do-you-use-for-a-security-tag-173408.html

This is so complicated! My goodness! What a mess you had to go through!
How does one get a security tag and who is CarolDiva....how does that work?
I think you can buy security tags and put them on your purses before you post. Some people use locks too. Once removed you can say you dont accept item back. it prevents illegal switching although I think these scammers are getting more and more astute.
Carol Diva is an online authentication service.