Official MOYNAT Thread

You shouldn’t feel pressure to keep this bag. The fact that your SA is giving you a hard time makes me think that the brand is really struggling, because in the past, customer service was a Moynat strong point.
Hope that you can find a better SA.
Thank you for the reassurance. For the most part of the morning before the store opens for me to contact him, I was struggling within myself about the fear that I may not be able to find another one, really FOMOing. Plus, I am not good with confrontations. After comparing my 2 other bags against this one over and over, I just can’t accept it!!

Reactions: Rocat
I have a question— is the black glazing on the handle supposed to be toward the back or front? I think it looks better going towards the back. On my Gabrielle, it’s going toward the back. The Gaby I received today, it goes toward the front and I don’t think it looks as good.

Attachments

• B36949E6-CABC-4E8A-92EF-550681A9B70C.jpeg
    B36949E6-CABC-4E8A-92EF-550681A9B70C.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 127
  • F6EF8175-08BA-4B25-8D22-203E171FB857.jpeg
    F6EF8175-08BA-4B25-8D22-203E171FB857.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 40C4FB1D-C385-4050-9FE5-2035CF9F4090.jpeg
    40C4FB1D-C385-4050-9FE5-2035CF9F4090.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 118
I have a question— is the black glazing on the handle supposed to be toward the back or front? I think it looks better going towards the back. On my Gabrielle, it’s going toward the back. The Gaby I received today, it goes toward the front and I don’t think it looks as good.
Wow, it looks to me that the handle was either sewn incorrectly or attached backwards. All the Gaby and Gabrielle handles I've ever seen have either had the seams/glazing facing directly upward or slightly towards the back. Come to think of it, most leather-bound handles I've seen are oriented the same way (vertical seams, maybe slightly backwards facing), with the exception of double-handles which often have the seams facing towards each other.

I've attached some images here for reference: Gabrielle (credit: TRR), Gaby (credit: AFF), Lorin (credit: Peter Nitz), Bolide 31 (credit: Hermes)

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.17.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.18.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.19.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 9.20.53 PM.png

Wow, it looks to me that the handle was either sewn incorrectly or attached backwards. All the Gaby and Gabrielle handles I've ever seen have either had the seams/glazing facing directly upward or slightly towards the back. Come to think of it, most leather-bound handles I've seen are oriented the same way (vertical seams, maybe slightly backwards facing), with the exception of double-handles which often have the seams facing towards each other.

I've attached some images here for reference: Gabrielle (credit: TRR), Gaby (credit: AFF), Lorin (credit: Peter Nitz), Bolide 31 (credit: Hermes)

View attachment 5114417

View attachment 5114418

View attachment 5114419

View attachment 5114420
Thank you for the info and pictures! Goodness that bag is in worst shape than I thought! I am so glad I didn’t keep it & really hope they don’t sell it to anyone else.

Thank you for the info and pictures! Goodness that bag is in worst shape than I thought! I am so glad I didn’t keep it & really hope they don’t sell it to anyone else.
Of course, and I feel terrible for you to have had such a disappointing experience! I also agree with previous posts that I personally would've returned the bag as well. It's very concerning that these types of mistakes are making it through quality control...

Also, to add to my previous post: the Rejane handles do have a double horizontal seam and double glaze (front/back). Maybe someone got confused??? I'm just trying to rationalize this error. Bonkers. :eek:

I received my Gaby BB this morning and was disappointed to find several flaws. The feet on 1 side was off alignment, there were scratches and a stain on the interior leather, and cracking on the glazing of the handle. Very sad because it took so long to locate this taupe/ gold combo— nobody should have to settle for less than perfection for the amount these bags cost. What is more disappointing is that the SA brushed me off and said that these flaws are to be expected because it’s handmade. He insisted that the bag was brand new, but I found the removed sticker from the strap inside the bag! So, I am thinking it was returned by someone else. I have 2 other Moynats in perfect condition which I got in Paris 3 years ago and the quality is certainly no longer the same. Just want to make sure you all are looking over your items carefully. I am not even sure how it passed quality control on the feet alignment alone, even my tween daughter noticed that flaw immediately!
That’s so sad. The inner lining of my newly bought Gaby BB was quite scratched too, I was thinking how a new bag could look this scratched, and I also found some small stains on the lining too. And what made me decide to have an exchange is the peeling leather at the bottom. Luckily the SA was very understanding and after seeing the pictures she offered to request a brand new one from Paris.

I did not check the bag as I would with my previous Chanel purchases, after reading your experience, I will with the replacement bag.

C46F0FB0-A444-48AC-8EDE-ACD4DB5F4B00.jpeg15016A90-FA4B-4E16-A404-A0A21D64537C.jpegE3B8EB89-456C-4CE2-8B33-26FB90E7F1D1.jpeg

That’s so sad. The inner lining of my newly bought Gaby BB was quite scratched too, I was thinking how a new bag could look this scratched, and I also found some small stains on the lining too. And what made me decide to have an exchange is the peeling leather at the bottom. Luckily the SA was very understanding and after seeing the pictures she offered to request a brand new one from Paris.

I did not check the bag as I would with my previous Chanel purchases, after reading your experience, I will with the replacement bag.

View attachment 5114675View attachment 5114676View attachment 5114677
Yes, that’s why I felt the need to share my experience. I am glad everyone in this community is so knowledgeable and willing to share. I was hoping to post beautiful pictures of my new baby instead of what I have to share today. Yes, I hope you will get a perfect one!

Reactions: bkee
Oh my goodness. i am so sorry about your Gaby. I am absolutely floored that that backwards/twisted handle passed quality control…it is just so wrong. You would think Moynat would have caught that error from across the room! I am so glad you are returning the bag. i think it would just make you sad. Admittedly, I am a bit OCD, so I can imagine that if I carried her I would spend the whole day fruitlessly trying to twist the handle into its proper position. Pure misery.

First, the fact that both you and @bkee received flawed “new” bags almost immediately after the new regime began is so worrisome. If this is a sign of things to come I think I might cry. Ramesh…we miss you so much!

Second, I will cross all my fingers and toes that you find your dream Gaby and that when you do she is absolutely perfect! I am so sorry that you had such a lousy experience, but i hope you find your perfect replacement soon. ❤️

Yes, that’s why I felt the need to share my experience. I am glad everyone in this community is so knowledgeable and willing to share. I was hoping to post beautiful pictures of my new baby instead of what I have to share today. Yes, I hope you will get a perfect one!
Will you be getting another Gaby? I hope you get a perfect one too!

Just reading about these experiences it seems like they try to sell shelf bags or exchanged ones... I'm thinking maybe because they focus too much on producing new models (and capacity was limited for the last year) and don't have enough new Gabys to sell?
In any case it doesn't feel right to settle for a bag that's not up to a usual Moynat standard.

Just reading about these experiences it seems like they try to sell shelf bags or exchanged ones... I'm thinking maybe because they focus too much on producing new models (and capacity was limited for the last year) and don't have enough new Gabys to sell?
In any case it doesn't feel right to settle for a bag that's not up to a usual Moynat standard.
That is exactly right, they only have one in store, and it is a shelf bag, even though it was stored in a drawer and still have all protective stickers on, but this is the bag they show customers, there are 3 boutiques here in Hong Kong, and that was their only stock.

Hi all, I’ve just bought my first Moynat today, a Gaby bb in taupe and gold hardware. The bag is so beautiful, the quality is amazing. They only have the large box available so I opted for no box, the SA told me she will keep one aside for me when the small boxes become available.

I’ve also got an envelope card holder with the old logo, to be picked up in a few days as they have to transfer stock.

View attachment 5111671View attachment 5111672
CONGRATS! i love this bag. Its in my wishlist lol

Reactions: bkee
Your Gaby handle looks like a defect to me. My Gaby and Gabrielle PM and all the bags i have seen in M store have the handle glaze upwards in order for the bag to be more comfortable to carry.

Reactions: hillsidegirl