Official MOYNAT Thread

I'm sorry but the new canvas bags don't look like they're worth the money. ✌️

Moreau offers something similar but better, which is printed leather instead of canvas. I think they are more affordable, too.

If I were really looking for printed canvas bags, I'd save up a little bit more and get a Goyard.
Oooh - I love the look of the Moreau bag - thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Mousy and allanrvj
I'm sorry but the new canvas bags don't look like they're worth the money. ✌️

Moreau offers something similar but better, which is printed leather instead of canvas. I think they are more affordable, too.

If I were really looking for printed canvas bags, I'd save up a little bit more and get a Goyard.
Oh, my! The Moreau duffel is 40% the price of the MOYNAT Duffel 50. The Goyard Boeing Bowling bag 45 is $1425 and the 55 is $3200. I don’t know how much better the MOYNAT canvas is, up that’s a substantial price difference.

• Insightful
Reactions: allanrvj
Oh, my! The Moreau duffel is 40% the price of the MOYNAT Duffel 50. The Goyard Boeing Bowling bag 45 is $1425 and the 55 is $3200. I don’t know how much better the MOYNAT canvas is, up that’s a substantial price difference.

I can somewhat attest to the canvas.
I brought my GM on a 5 day work trip and pushed it to the limit.
Stuffed it to the max with 2 binders, a note book, my thermos bottle, travel battery charger and cables, a pencil case, a smaller bag full of random stuff (meds, hand cream, candy, glasses) + fitting a small shoulder bag in it.

It held up beautifully! While it was heavy (because I made it that heavy lol), there was no sign that it couldn’t handle what I was giving it.

It also fit perfectly under the seat in front of me in economy class.

IMG_0658.jpegCC0D7356-6BD6-43C4-B0D8-880D92338A32.jpeg4D5C529C-FE0D-4388-AEB9-39FCE64267C5.jpeg

Another thing to note. It is unique and stands out in its own way without being obnoxious.
Of all the many neverfulls and goyard totes that I saw at the conference and at the airports, I was the only person with a Moynat tote.
To the regular passerby, they didn’t seem to notice or care. But I definitely saw some other luxury ladies (with the neverfulls and goyards) give my bag an interested and curious look.

At an airport, one lady was telling her child about my bag charm that she thought was pretty cute. She was pleasantly surprised when I told her I painted it at an event haha.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Thank you all who posted the lovely photos of the new black and white canvas collection.
I’m glad it was finally released and we can discuss freely.
My work conference coincided with the public release so I kind of missed out on the launch.

But now since I don’t have to be hush hush about it anymore, while they don’t have a new creative director atm, I am proud of the Moynat design team.
One of the canvas pieces had a magnetic M closure which I love.
And throughout the bags, they have cute little M shaped stitches.
Some of the canvas pieces have an open back pocket which I think is nice and convenient.
And I love the little triangle cut out for the totes and the clasp closure! I think it adds a nice touch, feels more comfortable under the arm (when carrying on the shoulder) and the closure pulls the bag in closer together and feels a little more secure.

The thing is. I am not a tote girl. One is good enough for me. And I love my green one and won’t be parting with it. I don’t see a point in having 2 tote bags. :P

Last edited:
Thank you all who posted the lovely photos of the new black and white canvas collection.
I’m glad it was finally released and we can discuss freely.
My work conference coincided with the public release so I kind of missed out on the launch.

But now since I don’t have to be hush hush about it anymore, while they don’t have a new creative director atm, I am proud of the Moynat design team.
One of the canvas pieces had a magnetic M closure which I love.
And throughout the bags, they have cute little M shaped stitches.
Some of the canvas pieces have an open back pocket which I think is nice and convenient.
And I love the little triangle cut out for the totes and the clasp closure! I think it adds a nice touch, feels more comfortable under the arm (when carrying on the shoulder) and the closure pulls the bag in closer together and feels a little more secure.

The thing is. I am not a tote girl. One is good enough for me. And I love my green one and won’t be parting with it. I don’t see a point in having 2 tote bags. :P
Thanks for sharing your experience with your beautiful and mighty green tote!

• Thanks
Reactions: lill_canele
I can somewhat attest to the canvas.
I brought my GM on a 5 day work trip and pushed it to the limit.
Stuffed it to the max with 2 binders, a note book, my thermos bottle, travel battery charger and cables, a pencil case, a smaller bag full of random stuff (meds, hand cream, candy, glasses) + fitting a small shoulder bag in it.

It held up beautifully! While it was heavy (because I made it that heavy lol), there was no sign that it couldn’t handle what I was giving it.

It also fit perfectly under the seat in front of me in economy class.

View attachment 5958820View attachment 5958821View attachment 5958822

Another thing to note. It is unique and stands out in its own way without being obnoxious.
Of all the many neverfulls and goyard totes that I saw at the conference and at the airports, I was the only person with a Moynat tote.
To the regular passerby, they didn’t seem to notice or care. But I definitely saw some other luxury ladies (with the neverfulls and goyards) give my bag an interested and curious look.

At an airport, one lady was telling her child about my bag charm that she thought was pretty cute. She was pleasantly surprised when I told her I painted it at an event haha.:biggrin:

Sorry not GM, MM Oh tote lol.

Hi. Is there anyone ever do repaire by Moynat? I just purchased the Rejane recently but the handle start to tear apart. Worried it might getting bigger. Just need to know how about their after sales service.

Attachments

• IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Sad
Reactions: girlhasbags
Hi. Is there anyone ever do repaire by Moynat? I just purchased the Rejane recently but the handle start to tear apart. Worried it might getting bigger. Just need to know how about their after sales service.

If you've just purchased it, I'd say bring it to the store and SA you bought it from ASAP.
I don't know anything about after sales services, but since it's a recent purchase, it should not cost you.

It may be sent to France to be repaired and that could take weeks though. Best to get a time estimate for repairs from you SA.

Depending on inventory and your relationship with your SA, they could replace it for free. But that's just a thought/guess on the best possible outcome.

Reactions: aurora29 and Mousy
If you've just purchased it, I'd say bring it to the store and SA you bought it from ASAP.
I don't know anything about after sales services, but since it's a recent purchase, it should not cost you.

It may be sent to France to be repaired and that could take weeks though. Best to get a time estimate for repairs from you SA.

Depending on inventory and your relationship with your SA, they could replace it for free. But that's just a thought/guess on the best possible outcome.
When i purchased it, it was the last stock for the Powder color. I already ask my SA about this, she say she will ask to Paris. I don't know if they will charged me or not. Just curious why my Rejane became like this.
I don't know if it was because i often open and close the bag while it was on crossbody so the handle being pushed or not. But it didn't cross my mind it will damaged the handle like that.

That must be interesting for her... lol. Okay I've been thinking about this in case I have to live with the initials. Im good with it if I can come up with something that is more positive. I was thinking. Respectful (the world needs more of that), Integrity, Polite, Peaceful or Passionate. What do you guys think.
I forgot to post I got the bag. It is in wonderful condition I am very pleased with it.

Reactions: m3rigold