Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

I recently bought a 24 mm belt. My waist is 66 cm and I wear high-rise pants and jeans. I got the 75 at my store and it’s perfect. It really depends what kind of pants you wear, I think. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information! My waist measures 72cm (at where I'd like to wear the belt). This makes me wonder if I should go up to an 80. I suppose I could always get an extra hole punched in necessary. Thank you!

hello , just joined first post .
Allthough I have lurked in the past when researching Hermès and Chanel purses with an ex-girlfriend .
( I think she is a member here )

I’m going to my local store with her tomorrow to look at a 32mm tourareg belt I “need” :angel:
The belt will be ”dual purpose” , so I need some advice on the different buckles and leathers available .

First : the buckle .
I want a belt I can wear every day and night , but i work in construction during the day ...
This is why I think I need the tourareg buckle .
Allthough I’d rather have a plain brushed silver H buckle I am worried it will look terrible after a few weeks of me wearing it for work , scratches and dents and the plating wearing off . Whereas the tourareg is not plated so wont show it’s age as badly so can be worn at night too , and can be polished in the future if needed .

Looking at online images of vintage Hermès buckles , it is hard to get an idea of wear as most people really look after their items and don’t put themselves in a position to damage them every day .
I bought a polished silver belt as a gift for her a few christmas ago and i could get one for work and another for play for the price of the tourareg version , but from what I’ve read even the most carefull guys wear out the plating on the edges .
As it is right now , I’m convinced I need the solid silver even though I’m not particularly keen on too much engraving so will be looking for the one in stock with the least engraving and also the shallow engraving so I can lose a little should I have a jeweler polish out scratches in the future should it get so bad I cannot wear it outside of work .
As this is the most expensive part of the purchase , any advice on this MUCH appreciated !!!

Second : the leather .
What I would really like is 2 different straps , one for work and one for play .
Both of them in black and orange .
Allthough I would wear black probobly 99% of the time I have a couple of orange watches that I think it would be fun to match the belt to every now and then , plus I get the pleasure of wearing an orange hi-Vis vest every minute of the day :annoyed:
What I want to do is get the best leather type for outside work when I buy the buckle from Hermès , then buy a used strap for work and distress it ( as it will get distressed anyway !! )
So I want comfort and looks for outside work and would prefer a smooth satin black and smooth bright orange as I’m not a fan of huge grain . but I bought my ex a vintage Annie in (I think) box leather and it had a scratch that was still there even after it went back to Hermès for restoration .
I want similar smooth looks , but hardwearing if possible so it will stay looking good after years of wearing outside work .
And for “work version” of the belt I want a leather that is light and comfortable that I can prematurely age .
I have researched distressing leather and I think I would rather have it looking like a “beat-up old belt” from the off , rather than a new belt that just got ruined by constantly clipping on walk-in-talkies , flashlights , etc.
I know about Hermès heritage as I come from a horse family and realize that they really are a quality product that is made to last , but should be looking for a certain type of leather to buy used that is easier to distress ?

Sorry for the essay , but I figured it would be better to put all the info out there rather than have a 100 post thread of questions and answers , people calling me an idiot etc . :biggrin:

Any advice , however small , much appreciated !!

Thank you .
Ian

i broke my card holder yesterday and just ended up back on hermes.com when I figured I’d give an update here .

the belt is now around 20 months old , so figure around 18 months of constant use .
its held up very well and I’m happy i went with a solid metal buckle as Allthough there’s no real way to say how a plated metal buckle would look right now , I am certain it wouldn’t look quite as good .
unless I really damage it quite badly , I’m thinking I might look at getting it polished in around 10 years to take out the inevitable scratches and dings .
but Allthough today is the first time I’ve really looked at it , I kind of like the way it’s aging ...

the leather is aging nicely and still looks great from 2 feet away , and I had to angle it in the light to get the pics to show the scratches etc.

all in all , a good purchase .

i have found a good use for the leather in one of my car projects , but I will need 2 of them .
so my plan is to carry on wearing this one until it’s 2 years old then buy another to wear for 2 years so the patina matches , by then the car should be in paint and ready for interior etc So I’ll go buy a third to carry on using the belt .6FB7E5A8-7789-4672-A3EF-B4501632D66C.jpeg6E35D472-DD09-4D5C-AD5D-0C3B913C196A.jpeg6FB7E5A8-7789-4672-A3EF-B4501632D66C.jpeg6E35D472-DD09-4D5C-AD5D-0C3B913C196A.jpeg58E204DB-C6CB-42A8-9576-8F8344076882.jpeg510AEF4E-9B6C-4B6D-86E9-6C3889A37046.jpeg657959A8-3141-40A2-AB8E-1E89C99C41CF.jpegED5E2C40-36AF-472D-884D-C78C97FE4352.jpeg

87D208A8-AF2E-42A9-A4F7-E2F994CCE789.jpeg

1A7648CB-360B-4B62-9F7D-E103D7AA4097.jpeg

BFC40CC0-DAEB-4C55-9699-FB29CB73D0C8.jpeg

0CD55369-F638-4240-AD10-E2FDEBAEC56C.jpeg

8E4410A1-6488-4D6A-9977-5080C29BA9B8.jpeg

hello everyone,
I hope you can help me decide. I want to buy a new Belt and it has to be in the 24 width, as they currently have the color and size I want only in 24. And I'd like a buckle in rose gold. Which model should I get: the CDC buckle or the mini Consance?
What are your thoughts?

hello everyone,
I hope you can help me decide. I want to buy a new Belt and it has to be in the 24 width, as they currently have the color and size I want only in 24. And I'd like a buckle in rose gold. Which model should I get: the CDC buckle or the mini Constance?
What are your thoughts?
Just my thoughts for what's it worth:
Not sure if you are buying in person or on-line but IRL rose gold can sometimes read too orange or too pink, and some tpfers on this forum have commented that the rose gold seems to turn/fade to look more gold over time (at least handbag HW).

CDC buckle: Pros - classic Hermes design - great if you want the CdC look at an effective price point (rather than getting the classic CdC belt. Rocker chic look is always a fun style. Cons: Can be too "bondage" for some people (sadly I rejected the 32 mm buckle when it was available as DH thought it was too "kinky" but I liked the rocker chic look) . If you get this one, as other smart tpfers have advised, you should put a drop of silicon behind the ring to prevent it from otherwise scratching the buckle over time (sadly I read this too late on the forum after this happened to my H-scarf ring with the horseshoe charm & the micro-plating was deemed too thin by H to repair by buffing the scratches out).

Mini-Constance: Pros: Classic H-design so you can't go wrong. Cons: The polished (shiny) buckle can scratch on table ledges, etc. unless you are careful (OK if you don't mind scratches). As per the "Unpopular H Opinion Thread" - this design may read too much "in your face Hermes designer" if you own/plan to own in the future a Constance bag and would wear them together.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: VonIzzy
Hi folks, can anyone be so kind to identify the leathers for this? Got this few years back when I was very much clueless but I do remember the SA told me that one side will (and meant to) develop patina over time and wear. I'm wondering if it could be Berenia?
20200929_224048.jpg20200929_224102.jpg

Hello everyone!

do you know the name of this hardware?

thanks a lot!

Attachments

• D5196E1C-90AD-4A7F-8009-FEC71F8CE79C.png
    D5196E1C-90AD-4A7F-8009-FEC71F8CE79C.png
    559.2 KB · Views: 13
  • B689F8FE-99A0-4458-B651-A9F54BECD1B9.jpeg
    B689F8FE-99A0-4458-B651-A9F54BECD1B9.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 79033C79-BA97-49FB-824F-9FBF46B73643.jpeg
    79033C79-BA97-49FB-824F-9FBF46B73643.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Hikar1
I think it looks like the officier belt too. It's no longer on Hermes websites probably because it's out of production but it was a men's belt from a couple years ago. The official Hermes website pages are no longer up (if you click for example https://www.hermes.com/us/en/produc...m-U_BELT_38_HOMMEpH074560CP2KpH075387CAAG110/ it's no longer found), but you can still see snapshots of the photos using Google (note that these photos show they are from "Hermes.com" links, it's no longer found if you go to the link but at one point they existed, so Google archived these photos.)

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Hikar1
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy one of the adjustable belts and can't decide between the Kelly, Rivale 18 and Collier de Chien 24. I don't live near a Hermes store and won't getting to one any time soon in these Covid times, so I'm not able to see the belts IRL. I would appreciate any feedback you have on these belts (pros, cons, etc).

Thank you!!

Reactions: CMilly