Official First Family Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaltrojan

Cupcake Lover <3
O.G.
Aug 12, 2006
First Lady Michelle ***** in Narciso Rodriguez at the "We Are One" Concert with President Barack *****.

attachment.php

First Daughters Sasha and Malia at the "We Are One" Concert

attachment.php

First Lady Michelle in J. Crew at the Kids' Inaugural concert

attachment.php

First Lady Michelle in a lemongrass yellow suit by Isabel Toledo and green gloves by J. Crew at the Inauguration

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• slide_840_14878_large.jpg
    slide_840_14878_large.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,239
  • slide_840_14998_large.jpg
    slide_840_14998_large.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,331
  • slide_840_15009_large.jpg
    slide_840_15009_large.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,260
  • slide_840_15010_large.jpg
    slide_840_15010_large.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,265
  • slide_865_15137_large.jpg
    slide_865_15137_large.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,180
First Daughters Sasha and Malia in coats by J. Crew with President Barack ***** and First Lady Michelle at the Inauguration

attachment.php

First Lady Michelle ***** in Jason Wu at the Neighborhood Ball with President Barack *****

attachment.php

The first dance of President Barack ***** and First Lady Michelle to "At Last," as sung by Beyonce

attachment.php

Attachments

• slide_840_15060_large.jpg
    slide_840_15060_large.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,153
  • slide_869_15183_large.jpg
    slide_869_15183_large.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • slide_869_15188_large.jpg
    slide_869_15188_large.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,294
Is this for pics or comments? I thought she hit it out of the ballpark with every outfit except for one major faux pas...the gown was not flattering at all for her and I thought she looked uncomfortable in it. Way too much fabric...I think she could have carried off something much more streamlined and classic. That being said I applaud her for wearing some unsung American designers esp. Isabel Toledo who has been around for quite some time and never really gets the recognition of some of her peers outside of the industry.

Is this for pics or comments? I thought she hit it out of the ballpark with every outfit except for one major faux pas...the gown was not flattering at all for her and I thought she looked uncomfortable in it. Way too much fabric...I think she could have carried off something much more streamlined and classic. That being said I applaud her for wearing some unsung American designers esp. Isabel Toledo who has been around for quite some time and never really gets the recognition of some of her peers outside of the industry.

It's for photos and discussion. I think it is awesome too that the First Lady is wearing American designers that are not as mainstream yet like Jason Wu and Isabel Toledo!

Love her style and color coordination!

Me too! I think the First Lady looked amazing, fresh, modern, and timeless in all of her Inaugural fashion. :yes:

Sasha and Malia are so adorable too!!!

Last edited:
Love the We Are One outfit, but the gown is a disaster! She has a great body - why drape it in layers of curtains??! She would look so much better in something more sleek and form fitting! Anyway, they look charming together, as usual!

I bet this thread will get closed soon, but before it does, I must say Michelle looked absolutely gorgeous yesterday!! The Isabella Toledo outfit she wore was perfect and I loved her Jason Wu gown.

I was just thinking we needed this thread!!!! The First Lady is likely to become a fashion icon like Jackie O was....and the kids are so freaking adorable!!! This family is THE celebrity family in America now :smile:

Anyhow, don't see why it would get closed. They are celebrities and we're talking fashion not politics.

I thought she looked elegant in the ball gown....people on TV were saying she should have worn a halter dress. I disagree. It's a ball...she needed something a bit over the top!

I gotta say, it was the kids though. They were sooooooo adorable yesterday and just looked so classy.

aw, i sure hope is doesn't get closed- i think as long as no one brings in politics, we are okay.....

i think she looked great- and i actually really liked that white gown she wore to the neighborhood ball...am i the only one?

I was just thinking we needed this thread!!!! The First Lady is likely to become a fashion icon like Jackie O was....and the kids are so freaking adorable!!! This family is THE celebrity family in America now :smile:

Anyhow, don't see why it would get closed
. They are celebrities and we're talking fashion not politics.

I thought she looked elegant in the ball gown....people on TV were saying she should have worn a halter dress. I disagree. It's a ball...she needed something a bit over the top!

I gotta say, it was the kids though. They were sooooooo adorable yesterday and just looked so classy.

Someone I know on tPF PM'ed a couple of mods and they said even this wouldn't be allowed. Some people just can't contain themselves. :nogood:

I loove the girls I think they're so adorable!! I think Michelle looked great..I agree that her dress for the first dance could have been better though.

Just a tidbit...at Christmas I was talking to my uncle who works for a clothing distributing company in Fall River, MA, and he said his company sold the Obamas their jackets that they wore for inauguration day!! How cool is that lol.

Love the lemongrass day outfit! Elegant and spectacular color (at least on HDTV).

Not so much the ball gown...a little too 1940's high school promish.

Like everyone....she'll have hits and misses...

Status
Not open for further replies.