Seasonal Official Bottega Veneta Spring 2020 Thread - post pics & discuss here.

I splurged and got the Jodie in the medium black after constantly thinking about it. It seems slightly delicate, but the size is perfect. Will update as it wears! I returned my medium pouch because the size was slightly too big. A shame because the leather was soooooooo delicious.

Jodie mini is very cute, reminds me of the mini Veneta from older collections!
Holy buckets, the resale market for the new stuff is booming, however! There are like 6 pouches on FP alone, nevermind other resellers. :shocked:

Jodie mini is very cute, reminds me of the mini Veneta from older collections!
Holy buckets, the resale market for the new stuff is booming, however! There are like 6 pouches on FP alone, nevermind other resellers. :shocked:
I have noticed that - every reseller and eBay seems to have the pouches and other DL styles. And they aren't selling there, either. :huh:

I have noticed that - every reseller and eBay seems to have the pouches and other DL styles. And they aren't selling there, either. :huh:
Yeah, I don’t get this either. The Pouch is supposedly the hottest item in the world of fashun :P and no one - not boutiques, not department stores - can keep them in stock, yet there’s tons of them on the resale market. So, they’re so coveted but people are already selling them. Why? They’re obviously buying them just to be seen. I mean if you really like something and you waited for it to be available, wouldn’t you want to use it for more than a few months? Some of these (genuine) bags have receipts from September.

*Okay, yes half the pouches on eBay are fakes, but still.

maybe it’s like the instant pot and BV is the new amazon. Like you have to have one cuz everyone has one but you get it home and you’re like wtf does this thing do besides take up space on my counter?

i went to the boutique this week and handled several bags.

Jodie
I really liked this. I tried on medium (??)/$3300 version. Proportion is a bit smaller than the large Belly. The opening is nice and wide. I wasn’t bothered by the shallowness of the bag. I didn’t think of it as shallow. The knot is a nice detail. Weight seemed light enough. And I thought the 1.5cm weave worked with the proportion of the bag. I am very curious about the suede version when it comes out. I am hopeful the cloth lining doesn’t make it a deal breaker.

I also tried on the mini. It’s ADORABLE! Capacity was good for a small bag. It’s definitely hand carry. My only issue was the price point. But if I found $1700 I’d buy that bag in red or orange in a heart beat.
Hi Grietje - I went to the store today and tried the large Jodie (tried the medium last time and found it shallow). I thought the large version looks better and it does not look so huge with some stuff inside. I am quite interested in it. Do you know why the leather is shinier?

I loooove the new clutch with removable chain!!! I contacted my SA here in Dubai and she has zero info about it.. any idea when itll come out or if its out anywhere else??

(Im def a sucker when it comes to being influenced but i feel we all sort of have tunnel vision because we are in this luxury bubble.. outside of it i think ppl will still apreciate the qaulity, beauty, and styles of these bags)

Yeah, I don’t get this either. The Pouch is supposedly the hottest item in the world of fashun :P and no one - not boutiques, not department stores - can keep them in stock, yet there’s tons of them on the resale market. So, they’re so coveted but people are already selling them. Why? They’re obviously buying them just to be seen. I mean if you really like something and you waited for it to be available, wouldn’t you want to use it for more than a few months? Some of these (genuine) bags have receipts from September.

*Okay, yes half the pouches on eBay are fakes, but still.

maybe it’s like the instant pot and BV is the new amazon. Like you have to have one cuz everyone has one but you get it home and you’re like wtf does this thing do besides take up space on my counter?
But isn't this also the case for say, the Birkin or the Kelly? the pre-loved market is literally swamped in them. Doesn't mean they are not coveted or enjoyed by many.
I think when a bag is a hit and the stock is low and they become difficult to get there are many who buy either in the hope of making a gain (resellers) or because they feel it is easier to take the risk as they can sell again if there are regrets (or you have already photographed it in your instagram feed).
But yes, it may be the fade is fading and a number of people are rushing to get rid of the bag before they make too much of a loss...

I know for myself I loved the Pouch from the moment I saw it. I love carrying mine too, it's just so enjoyable to grab and so practical and functional for me. It always draws compliments from friends who have no clue about handbags too, which doesn't happen with other bags... I think it is such a beautiful understated handbag, and only hope the high popularity on launch doesn't make it feel redundant too soon.

But isn't this also the case for say, the Birkin or the Kelly? the pre-loved market is literally swamped in them. Doesn't mean they are not coveted or enjoyed by many.
I think when a bag is a hit and the stock is low and they become difficult to get there are many who buy either in the hope of making a gain (resellers) or because they feel it is easier to take the risk as they can sell again if there are regrets (or you have already photographed it in your instagram feed).
But yes, it may be the fade is fading and a number of people are rushing to get rid of the bag before they make too much of a loss...

I know for myself I loved the Pouch from the moment I saw it. I love carrying mine too, it's just so enjoyable to grab and so practical and functional for me. It always draws compliments from friends who have no clue about handbags too, which doesn't happen with other bags... I think it is such a beautiful understated handbag, and only hope the high popularity on launch doesn't make it feel redundant too soon.

Around twenty BV pouches in various colors and sizes are posted to fashionphile, none are listed above retail, some are 20% off FP listing price. Buy what you love. I have not seen a pouch in the wild but then again they don’t have LV logos all over them. :P

Reactions: JenJBS