Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

I am kind of in the opposite situation lol, weather wise. Only 2 months of coldish. I wear a lot of black, except june-august. So the rest of the year, you think i can carry off the velour? If you think i can swing it with a black top/khaki shirts for example (which i can picture it with too!)….Its not so much the color, but that the velour mimics velvet so much, which is definitely wintry. Thats my only concern. Otherwise, gah….this velours treatment is :heart: :heart: :heart:

Other than maybe late June through August I think it would be fine.

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
I am kind of in the opposite situation lol, weather wise. Only 2 months of coldish. I wear a lot of black, except june-august. So the rest of the year, you think i can carry off the velour? If you think i can swing it with a black top/khaki shirts for example (which i can picture it with too!)….Its not so much the color, but that the velour mimics velvet so much, which is definitely wintry. Thats my only concern. Otherwise, gah….this velours treatment is :heart: :heart: :heart:
I'm sort of like you - I live in Arizona, so our couple of "cold" months are not really cold. However, I love fall and winter fabrics and colors. I would wear a bag like this easily from October - March. It's a great way to enjoy a fall/winter material as opposed to burning up in a velour outfit when it's 80 degrees in November. I would even wear it with white jeans on the warmer days.

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
Other than maybe late June through August I think it would be fine.

Awesome! Thank you for your input, feeling much better now about using it most of the year :flowers:

I'm sort of like you - I live in Arizona, so our couple of "cold" months are not really cold. However, I love fall and winter fabrics and colors. I would wear a bag like this easily from October - March. It's a great way to enjoy a fall/winter material as opposed to burning up in a velour outfit when it's 80 degrees in November. I would even wear it with white jeans on the warmer days.

You get it! Warmer climates can really affect what we can carry. I had some neat fur and shearling bags i sold when we moved South. Our couple of cold months aren’t very cold either, like you. High 60s today, windows open…… Like what you said, wear when its not ‘heat season’, and its A way to bring a little wintery feel to a lighter outfit. Love the idea of pairing it with white jeans too :heart: I appreciated your insights :flowers:

Reactions: JenJBS
Had a lengthy chat outside in the fabulous warm(ish) sunshine with the lovely @muchstuff today.
Sorry dolls, no pics as we weren't even carrying BVs. It was so good to catch up :hugs:

Once this bish covid has kicked the bucket and effed right off, I think we should start planning another BV meetup. Late 2022 anyone?
I love the idea of a BV meetup, and I hope I will be able to break away from everything then.

Reactions: jbags07 and V0N1B2
Had a lengthy chat outside in the fabulous warm(ish) sunshine with the lovely @muchstuff today.
Sorry dolls, no pics as we weren't even carrying BVs. It was so good to catch up :hugs:

Once this bish covid has kicked the bucket and effed right off, I think we should start planning another BV meetup. Late 2022 anyone?
Lovely catching up with you. :hugs:We were so busy talking we never did get our walk in. :lol:

I have not been on here very much the past few weeks because they have been very difficult. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer almost three weeks ago. I miss her very much and my world has been shattered. With her passing I inherited lots of responsibility. Some of that responsibility is good, though. I'm now dog mom to a sweet, stubborn and beautiful American Eskimo. Because of her, I will need to find a new place to live in Arizona. My 3rd floor apartment with no elevator is not ideal for a 10 year old dog who hates stairs and barks a lot. A house with a yard is in my future, if I can find one in this crazy market.

I've gradually started coming back on the forum to get my mind off things. I'm in my hometown, Dallas, and started doing things with friends again. With my mother being a cancer patient, I was super cautious about going out and being around people, so I usually didn't. Anyway, it was good to see friends and catch up over Tex Mex and margaritas. I needed it more than I knew.

Yesterday during lunch, an old friend and I got on the topic of handbags. Neither of us knew we both loved luxury handbags, except I've seen her carry Prada occasionally. That lunch (and maybe the margaritas) led us to Highland Park Village so we could show each other our favorite non-BV bags. The Dallas BV boutique is at a different shopping center. However, I finally saw DL BV in the wild for the first time. A Cammello Pouch and a Mini Pouch (Almond or another similar neutral). It was a nice change from the typical LV and Chanel I see everywhere in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

Some of you know I recently purchased a hard to find bag on my wish list - the Espresso Metallic Intrecciato Cervo Baseball Hobo. I have not yet seen it in person. It was delivered to my office after I had to fly to Dallas. My boyfriend just mailed it to me, so hopefully I will still have time to return it if does not meet expectation. I will share photos soon.

Thanks to everyone for continuing the BV conversations. It has provided some nice carefree reading at the end of some difficult days. :smile:

I have not been on here very much the past few weeks because they have been very difficult. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer almost three weeks ago. I miss her very much and my world has been shattered. With her passing I inherited lots of responsibility. Some of that responsibility is good, though. I'm now dog mom to a sweet, stubborn and beautiful American Eskimo. Because of her, I will need to find a new place to live in Arizona. My 3rd floor apartment with no elevator is not ideal for a 10 year old dog who hates stairs and barks a lot. A house with a yard is in my future, if I can find one in this crazy market.

I've gradually started coming back on the forum to get my mind off things. I'm in my hometown, Dallas, and started doing things with friends again. With my mother being a cancer patient, I was super cautious about going out and being around people, so I usually didn't. Anyway, it was good to see friends and catch up over Tex Mex and margaritas. I needed it more than I knew.

Yesterday during lunch, an old friend and I got on the topic of handbags. Neither of us knew we both loved luxury handbags, except I've seen her carry Prada occasionally. That lunch (and maybe the margaritas) led us to Highland Park Village so we could show each other our favorite non-BV bags. The Dallas BV boutique is at a different shopping center. However, I finally saw DL BV in the wild for the first time. A Cammello Pouch and a Mini Pouch (Almond or another similar neutral). It was a nice change from the typical LV and Chanel I see everywhere in Phoenix and Scottsdale.

Some of you know I recently purchased a hard to find bag on my wish list - the Espresso Metallic Intrecciato Cervo Baseball Hobo. I have not yet seen it in person. It was delivered to my office after I had to fly to Dallas. My boyfriend just mailed it to me, so hopefully I will still have time to return it if does not meet expectation. I will share photos soon.

Thanks to everyone for continuing the BV conversations. It has provided some nice carefree reading at the end of some difficult days. :smile:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to the same disease.

• Sad
Reactions: Evergreen602
I have not been on here very much the past few weeks because they have been very difficult. I lost my mom to ovarian cancer almost three weeks ago. I miss her very much and my world has been shattered.
I'm sending my condolences to you. It's very hard to lose a parent, and it sounds like and your mom were very close. Be gentle with yourself, especially in these early weeks and months after her passing, and I hope you continue to find some good distractions and ways to reconnect with your friends.

• Love
Reactions: Evergreen602
@Evergreen602 i am saddened for you. I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer in 2018. The disease prepared me intellectually —we had 8.5 months before she died. But the sense of loss lingers. Just last night I wished I could speak to her.

Give yourself lots of space to feel the loss. With cancer I think sometimes one thinks one is supposed to have come to terms with it because we ‘lived’ with the illness. But the end is still the end and it’s really really sad.

@Evergreen602 i am saddened for you. I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer in 2018. The disease prepared me intellectually —we had 8.5 months before she died. But the sense of loss lingers. Just last night I wished I could speak to her.

Give yourself lots of space to feel the loss. With cancer I think sometimes one thinks one is supposed to have come to terms with it because we ‘lived’ with the illness. But the end is still the end and it’s really really sad.
Thank you, @grietje. I'm so sorry you lost your mom to pancreatic cancer. We lost my aunt to that disease. My mom was diagnosed in October 2018 at Stage IV. She fought so hard. Her doctor, nurses and I were shocked when she passed. The day before, her doctor thought she had several weeks left, but it was really only a matter of hours. I knew it was coming, but I don't think one is ever ready.

Dealing with the financial and legal aspects is hard enough, but the worst is not being able to pick up the phone and call her anymore. I'll hear something and think I need call my mom and tell her about it, then realize I can no longer do that.

Reactions: jbags07 and whateve