Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

You guys I'm so excited! I received a blue floral embroidered Nodini today and it's gorgeous and in like new condition. I really wanted either a blue or a pink. I bought the pink recently but had to return it because it smelled terrible. I'm so glad I found the blue, I like it even more than the pink.
View attachment 5309251
Lovely! I have this same color way in the small shoulder bag. It’s very sweet. I have the Nodini in the Mink colorway.

Reactions: piosavsfan
You guys I'm so excited! I received a blue floral embroidered Nodini today and it's gorgeous and in like new condition. I really wanted either a blue or a pink. I bought the pink recently but had to return it because it smelled terrible. I'm so glad I found the blue, I like it even more than the pink.
View attachment 5309251
fantastic score! big congrats! :drinks:

View attachment 5309251
So glad you found another, and in a color you love even more. Its just beautiful in blue :heart:

View attachment 5309251
Congratulations on this gorgeous bag! I love the details. I'm a big Nodini fan.

Yesterday I was in the boutique, just to say "Hello" to my SA I know now for years and he handed me over the christmas VIP gift, which was delivered too late for christmas :cool:, a litte green hot water bottle whith hand-knitted cover in parakeet. Very nice and cute. And I was wondering at christmas time, if there won't be a little gift this year...

Yesterday I was in the boutique, just to say "Hello" to my SA I know now for years and he handed me over the christmas VIP gift, which was delivered too late for christmas :cool:, a litte green hot water bottle whith hand-knitted cover in parakeet. Very nice and cute. And I was wondering at christmas time, if there won't be a little gift this year...

I received mine late this year as well (a beach towel). @medha (or any other TPFrs) have you ever received a VIP gift at any other time during the year? I've only ever received something at Christmas time.

Reactions: loves
Can i use this lanyard on the outside/wrapped around, my Venetas, Lidos, Cestas, etc, that have the brunito hardware? Or will the gold clash too much with the brunito? Opinions would be very much appreciated! I have been hunting lanyards and they are very hard to find…..

Edited to add; I use the lanyards to hang my BV bag charms, all of which have brunito hardware….

D5AF8C68-D12B-4423-9C81-B8FD30FCBE91.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Doncaster42
Can i use this lanyard on the outside/wrapped around, my Venetas, Lidos, Cestas, etc, that have the brunito hardware? Or will the gold clash too much with the brunito? Opinions would be very much appreciated! I have been hunting lanyards and they are very hard to find…..

Edited to add; I use the lanyards to hang my BV bag charms, all of which have brunito hardware….

View attachment 5317427
Oh yeah, I think it's A-OK to mix it up with Brunito.

Reactions: jbags07
Another question if anyone has thoughts on this…..

Is the Nappa Velours treatment very wintry looking? I now have 3 bags in this treatment, as i just love it. But i am on the GA coast, and we are often in Fl too….so the only ‘winter’ months per se are Jan/Feb. i feel like i can pull off the 2 Venetas most months except maybe June-Sept (maxi Nero Velours and large Maroon Velours)….but the large Nero Velours Cabat is pretty wintry looking due to its size….will it look funny to use in my warmish climate ? Thank you for any feedback.

this is a photo i found on the Cabat thread, mine is more broken in with some slouch.and i don’t have a good pic I’ve taken yet…1869D504-C926-446B-BB3D-97260C0705E5.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: IntheOcean
Another question if anyone has thoughts on this…..

Is the Nappa Velours treatment very wintry looking? I now have 3 bags in this treatment, as i just love it. But i am on the GA coast, and we are often in Fl too….so the only ‘winter’ months per se are Jan/Feb. i feel like i can pull off the 2 Venetas most months except maybe June-Sept (maxi Nero Velours and large Maroon Velours)….but the large Nero Velours Cabat is pretty wintry looking due to its size….will it look funny to use in my warmish climate ? Thank you for any feedback.

this is a photo i found on the Cabat thread, mine is more broken in with some slouch.and i don’t have a good pic I’ve taken yet…View attachment 5323507
Since most of my bags are either black, grey, or dark brown, I don't think seasonally that much (helps that Vancouver is only truly hot for July/August). I dunno, if you wear black year around it might work. I could see potential with a black sleeveless top and tailored shorts for instance.

Reactions: whateve and jbags07
Since most of my bags are either black, grey, or dark brown, I don't think seasonally that much (helps that Vancouver is only truly hot for July/August). I dunno, if you wear black year around it might work. I could see potential with a black sleeveless top and tailored shorts for instance.
I am kind of in the opposite situation lol, weather wise. Only 2 months of coldish. I wear a lot of black, except june-august. So the rest of the year, you think i can carry off the velour? If you think i can swing it with a black top/khaki shirts for example (which i can picture it with too!)….Its not so much the color, but that the velour mimics velvet so much, which is definitely wintry. Thats my only concern. Otherwise, gah….this velours treatment is :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reactions: JenJBS
I am kind of in the opposite situation lol, weather wise. Only 2 months of coldish. I wear a lot of black, except june-august. So the rest of the year, you think i can carry off the velour? If you think i can swing it with a black top/khaki shirts for example (which i can picture it with too!)….Its not so much the color, but that the velour mimics velvet so much, which is definitely wintry. Thats my only concern. Otherwise, gah….this velours treatment is :heart: :heart: :heart:
But it’s only part velour. There’s a fair amount of leather too.