Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

What a bad scare for both of you! So sorry this happened, but glad he is ok. :hugs:I had no idea about ‘dooring’. Its not something you think about when opening the car door, but i definitely will now....
Just awful...I never open my door without looking! Not a bike rider, but I am always on the lookout. We have a lot of winding roads...once the weather turns nice, I am on my guard. No shoulders...and I have to wait until it is safe to pass the rider. They alway wave me on, but I will never go until I can see there is no oncoming traffic!

Just awful...I never open my door without looking! Not a bike rider, but I am always on the lookout. We have a lot of winding roads...once the weather turns nice, I am on my guard. No shoulders...and I have to wait until it is safe to pass the rider. They alway wave me on, but I will never go until I can see there is no oncoming traffic!

Smart, safe driver with a lot of consideration for others! :tup: :hugs:
Very rare these days! :mad:

2 BVs. For now. I'm a BV newbie and a latecomer to designer bags.
So, for my third BV bag, what are people's opinions on the medium v. large Veneta? I am just over 5'8" (smack between that and 5'9"), for size reference. I keep going back and forth in terms of what size to own. I've even looked at the Maxi because WOW. I mean, miles of woven gorgeousness. But I think I've narrowed down my choices between Med and Large. What say you, all?

So, for my third BV bag, what are people's opinions on the medium v. large Veneta? I am just over 5'8" (smack between that and 5'9"), for size reference. I keep going back and forth in terms of what size to own. I've even looked at the Maxi because WOW. I mean, miles of woven gorgeousness. But I think I've narrowed down my choices between Med and Large. What say you, all?
Now you must decide how much you carry in your bag - if it's quite a lot, the large would be best.

Medium is only shoulder carry in the spring summer when you aren't wearing heavy clothing; even then it's not great for the shoulder.

There are threads here in the forum that have this question asked/answered, too.

I’m 5’9” and the large, to me, is the perfect “medium” size. It fits comfortably on the shoulder and I have room in it for a few extra diapers, a book, sunnies, etc. doesn’t fit a laptop though. The maxi on the other hand it the perfect “large.” Laptop and light sweater in addition to the basics. It also looks smaller when worn, compared to when laid flat. In fairness, I will disclose that I’m a gal who leans to the bigger end of the handbag spectrum. For example, I prefer the work size to the city size. The medium would be too small for me. I prefer that size in a crossbody.

nope, BV is close 2nd
42 Bal bags plus a bunch of pouches
Looks like you are trying to keep the numbers close to even! When I first started buying BV and Bal, I thought I would buy more BV than Bal but I've found more Bals I like at good prices. Now I want a Nodini (but don't need) but they are expensive compared to Bal.

I had 4 BVs but I sold two so just have 2 now.

Go with the large size. :tup:
I really think you'll be happier with that size over the medium.
However, this is just my .02! :yes:

Looks like you are trying to keep the numbers close to even! When I first started buying BV and Bal, I thought I would buy more BV than Bal but I've found more Bals I like at good prices. Now I want a Nodini (but don't need) but they are expensive compared to Bal.

I had 4 BVs but I sold two so just have 2 now.
amazing self control! :tup:
i need to sell some, less used ones, but always fail miserably :sad:
leather is too good on one, colour is too rare on the other...
i always find a reason why i want to keep them all :blush:

I’m 5’9” and the large, to me, is the perfect “medium” size. It fits comfortably on the shoulder and I have room in it for a few extra diapers, a book, sunnies, etc. doesn’t fit a laptop though. The maxi on the other hand it the perfect “large.” Laptop and light sweater in addition to the basics. It also looks smaller when worn, compared to when laid flat. In fairness, I will disclose that I’m a gal who leans to the bigger end of the handbag spectrum. For example, I prefer the work size to the city size. The medium would be too small for me. I prefer that size in a crossbody.
If I could wear a maxi I would, it has a much better strap drop IMO. For choice I'd get a broken in one so it's not so wide initially. I think you would probably like the large better than the medium, it just gives you that extra space. Having said that I have both and am happy with both sizes. But I'm also a shrimp.

amazing self control! :tup:
i need to sell some, less used ones, but always fail miserably :sad:
leather is too good on one, colour is too rare on the other...
i always find a reason why i want to keep them all :blush:
I think I sold them expecting it to be easier to find replacements I liked better. They were both cervo. I haven't found their replacements.