Ode to the Roulis

Has anyone ever replaced the hardware of their roulis? I just got mine in permabrass and with just taking it out twice and being careful with it I was dismayed to see how scratched the hardware got! It seems to me that the hardware is a significant portion of the bag so I imagine it might be cost prohibitive if not impossible to replace......
When using my Roulis for the 3rd time, I wore a coat with buttons on the sleeve. Obviously, these buttons touched the permabrass hardware a couple of times and I was shocked to notice some heavy scratches on the hardware. Mind you, it was a Chanel coat with high quality buttons, not sharp or completely made of metal. I brought the bag in and was told that the store saw this happening frequently and that I should not yet replace the hardware as it would be expensive and would happen again soon after replacing. My SA talked about a couple of hundred, close to a thousand for replacing. I've learned to live with it and since I am not planning to sell the bag but use it, I will only bring it in when the whole part is completely scratched. So yes, they can replace it but as expected, the cost is exorbitantly high.

Reactions: grnbri
I am sorry in case my question is redundant but went back the last pages and wasn‘t able to find an answer. Unfortunately in my local boutique it is not common that all SAs check the bag order book on a regular basis plus their inventory system crashed this week and they were not able to look up inventory for the Roulis yesterday. Is anyone aware of the current colours for Roulis? I know of Vert Verone and Bleu du Nord but am a bit lost on the rest. Thanks in advance for any intel!

Has anyone ever replaced the hardware of their roulis? I just got mine in permabrass and with just taking it out twice and being careful with it I was dismayed to see how scratched the hardware got! It seems to me that the hardware is a significant portion of the bag so I imagine it might be cost prohibitive if not impossible to replace......
Never had a problem with either gold or palladium hardware on my mini Roulises. And I use them a lot and even toss them into larger totes for work daily. Sorry to read this about permabrass. Perhaps posting this as a permabrass hardware issue might be more helpful to see if this is an anomaly as other H bags do use permabrass?

Reactions: grnbri
I am sorry in case my question is redundant but went back the last pages and wasn‘t able to find an answer. Unfortunately in my local boutique it is not common that all SAs check the bag order book on a regular basis plus their inventory system crashed this week and they were not able to look up inventory for the Roulis yesterday. Is anyone aware of the current colours for Roulis? I know of Vert Verone and Bleu du Nord but am a bit lost on the rest. Thanks in advance for any intel!
There's also Rouge de Coeur and Lime for current SS19 season. :smile:

I've been eyeing the mini roulis because I love the convenience of a crossbody and I usually don't carry much with me. For those who have the bag, is it dressy enough to wear to a nice dinner? Or is the leather strap too casual? How does it compare to the mosaique 24 bag? TIA

I've been eyeing the mini roulis because I love the convenience of a crossbody and I usually don't carry much with me. For those who have the bag, is it dressy enough to wear to a nice dinner? Or is the leather strap too casual? How does it compare to the mosaique 24 bag? TIA
To me, the Roulis is one of the most versatile bags and can easily go with casual or dressed up looks. The leather strap is not overly thick and doesn't draw any attention (at least to my eyes). I am regularly wearing mine out for dinner (the bigger size, though) and have several people compliment me on that wonderful bag. Due to the fact that it is so streamlined, it can easily transition from day to night. I cannot comment on the Mosaique as it gives off a completely different vibe and aesthetics. To me, the latter would be a weekend/casual bag as I feel it has some very distinct features and therefore is less easy to combine with varying looks (although it is a wonderfully constructed and cool bag).

Reactions: cap4life and hopiko
To me, the Roulis is one of the most versatile bags and can easily go with casual or dressed up looks. The leather strap is not overly thick and doesn't draw any attention (at least to my eyes). I am regularly wearing mine out for dinner (the bigger size, though) and have several people compliment me on that wonderful bag. Due to the fact that it is so streamlined, it can easily transition from day to night. I cannot comment on the Mosaique as it gives off a completely different vibe and aesthetics. To me, the latter would be a weekend/casual bag as I feel it has some very distinct features and therefore is less easy to combine with varying looks (although it is a wonderfully constructed and cool bag).
Thank you for confirming what I was thinking about roulis! I will have to ask about it next time I visit the store.