Ode to the Picotin

Hello! I purchased my very first H bag recently - a preloved Picotin 22 Clemence in Graphite from Fashionphile. I got her for a nice price because she didn't come with lock and keys. The thing is, I kind of want to attach something where the lock would go because I like how it hangs and gives the bag a little shaping. However, I'm not keen on going to a boutique and ordering a new lock. My closest boutique is DC and I have not heard good things about people's experiences there. I was wondering if any other Picotin aficionados have had this issue and maybe found something else that is cute to attach to your picotin where the lock would go? Maybe a charm? Welcome any suggestions :smile:
You can try using a Cadenas. There are several right now on FP. I bought a Chèval Key Ring with thoughts to change up the look every now and again but I haven’t used it yet.

Thank you so much for the reply. I wish I had known about Mai Tai, I would’ve definitely checked them out as well. I ordered an insert from HandCobbler on Oct 5th. As of today I am still waiting for its arrival. Tracking info is awful and as far as I have been told (I have to keep messagiing for an update) my insert and extra strap is still in China. I’m hoping that when the insert and strap come in, it will be worth the wait and price as others have said.
Hand Cobbler does a nice strap. Will be worth wait.

I Hello :heart:
I hope I'm not OT.
I'd really like to buy a Picotin! It would be my first Hermes purchase so I don't know if for this bag works like the Birkin and the Kelly! Can I ask a SA and wait or I have to buy more things before buying this bag? Thank you!

P.s.I'm from Italy, I can't see the bag online and I don't know the price! Someone know?

I Hello :heart:
I hope I'm not OT.
I'd really like to buy a Picotin! It would be my first Hermes purchase so I don't know if for this bag works like the Birkin and the Kelly! Can I ask a SA and wait or I have to buy more things before buying this bag? Thank you!

P.s.I'm from Italy, I can't see the bag online and I don't know the price! Someone know?
Hopefully this thread will be helpful for pricing - https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...chatting-please.1048833/page-20#post-35371052

I could be wrong but I would think if the store had stock of the Picotins, you could purchase it if it was the colour and hardware combo that you’re after.

Reactions: 880
anybody else having kinda similar fading on picotin handles
keep away from the sun; carry by sliding on the arm; use a twilly or strap; possibly avoid holding with moisturized hands (I know :rolleyes:
preloved Picotin 22 Clemence in Graphite from Fashionphile. I got her for a nice price because she didn't come with lock and keys

You can try using a Cadenas. Th
+1 with @Le Roy . Also you can buy a lock and key on eBay or ask on marketplaza. I prefer a pico without a lock bc then I can double cinch it closed (like a belt). Double cinching is more secure
Hand Cobbler does a nice strap

I'm from Italy, I can't see the bag online and I don't know the price
I bought my pico cargo from FSH for maybe 2800 EU. For locals in Italy, I think it’s much easier assuming there is stock
If you are flexible on color or size or willing to wait, I think you should be able to get one

Reactions: ilicia
Yes, probably not substantial enough for the 26. But great for the 18 or 22. It’s a fine line with those inserts because you don’t want them causing indent or crease marks into the leather of the bag, which can happen with some of the felt options….

I bought the maitai insert some years ago and I can't recommand it for the size 26. It becomes very slouchy after a short time of using it. For me it was a misinvestment.
Oh jeez.. I was just about to get the Mai Tai insert for my 26. I bought the 26 insert from Hand Cobbler and it was not the right fit at all. I am waiting for Irene to okay my choices in return for not getting a 26 insert replacement. I did like the strap I purchased from her tho’. I‘ll have to take another look at Samorga again. Thank for the heads up roxi88

Yes, probably not substantial enough for the 26. But great for the 18 or 22. It’s a fine line with those inserts because you don’t want them causing indent or crease marks into the leather of the bag, which can happen with some of the felt options….
I agree. I am at a loss right now trying to find a 26 insert. I might have to learn how to sew :smile: