Ode to the Picotin

I have had my Pico 22 in Etain for a few years and it’s one of my fave bags. I have been thinking of getting another one for a while but couldn’t decide on size or color. After much going back and forth, today I came home from my local store with a Pico 18 in Vert Vertigo. :biggrin:

I don’t generally wear a lot of green but I think it will add a nice pop of color to some neutral outfits.

View attachment 4910796View attachment 4910797
Congrats - I think the Pico 18 is so much fun in a pop of colour!

I have had my Pico 22 in Etain for a few years and it’s one of my fave bags. I have been thinking of getting another one for a while but couldn’t decide on size or color. After much going back and forth, today I came home from my local store with a Pico 18 in Vert Vertigo. :biggrin:

I don’t generally wear a lot of green but I think it will add a nice pop of color to some neutral outfits.

View attachment 4910796View attachment 4910797
This is a really gorgeous color! :tup:

Reactions: meg8182000
Hi, does anyone here owns a Picotin in Maurice leather? How is it different from Clemence and how do you like it?
Hello there. The Maurice leather holds up the shape better, but I only had it for a while so I can’t comment for the long term. It feels slightly less luxurious than clemence (this is just a personal feeling) and definitely a tad bit bouncier than a picotin in Clemence.

wanted to post a question here. i have picotin 22cms love them. both clemence, i usually buy Hermes for the material, leather,skin... not because of the model, or relevance of the model., say i would not just buy a bag, because its a kelly or birkin., SO i got a picotin offered in PINK, rose tiryan. OSTRICH, its 18cm i don't mid it being smaller because well its pink and ostrich....... NOW! the bag is expensive, it just is i love Hermes its worth it to me but it is expensive ..... SO WOULD YOU PURCHASE A PICOTIN OSTRICH IS IT WOTH IT., i don't buy as an investment or anything just wondering should I.

wanted to post a question here. i have picotin 22cms love them. both clemence, i usually buy Hermes for the material, leather,skin... not because of the model, or relevance of the model., say i would not just buy a bag, because its a kelly or birkin., SO i got a picotin offered in PINK, rose tiryan. OSTRICH, its 18cm i don't mid it being smaller because well its pink and ostrich....... NOW! the bag is expensive, it just is i love Hermes its worth it to me but it is expensive ..... SO WOULD YOU PURCHASE A PICOTIN OSTRICH IS IT WOTH IT., i don't buy as an investment or anything just wondering should I.
I don't think I can help you with it as I don't like Ostrich leather even if it's made by Hermes. I would buy a bag that I would enjoy using it and within my budget. (But if the bag in black with GHW, I will think 1000 times to not get it although it's Ostrich leather. See I am not helpful at all)
Whatever your decides, I am sure you will not regret.

• Love
Reactions: RT1

Hi Birkel! The pink ostrich sounds gorgeous! I love picotins and if offered an exotic one in a desired color, I would have a tough time saying no to it. I prefer the 18cm to the 22 especially in ostrich. The only small hesitation I might have is the fact that with ostrich, the handles do patina over time and the darkening on a soft handled bag, like a picotin might bother me. That being said, it might be really nice to have a special piece like that in your collection. I do think it is worth it if you love the color and will use it.

• Love
Reactions: sherill and RT1
Hi! I just bought a Picotin Tressage 18 from boutique (light blue, I’m not sure what the name is).

Are tressage cuir Picotins available every season? I was under the impression that it was available in the last/ previous season only.

tried searching the forums but couldn’t find. Thank you!