Ode to the Picotin

Just wanting to share how much difference a bag insert does to my 6 month old picotin 22. It started slouching almost right away from the store and I didn't mind it. Until recently I noticed that the clemence leather is just not holding up at all. And so I purchased a bag insert from instagram user @luxe_byni and these are some photos of my bag with & without a bag insert. Looks brand spanking new again!

Do you use a bag insert for your picotin?

Attachments

• 20170802_193345.jpg
    20170802_193345.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,821
  • 20170802_193511.jpg
    20170802_193511.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,829
  • 20170802_194202.jpg
    20170802_194202.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 1,836
Just wanting to share how much difference a bag insert does to my 6 month old picotin 22. It started slouching almost right away from the store and I didn't mind it. Until recently I noticed that the clemence leather is just not holding up at all. And so I purchased a bag insert from instagram user @luxe_byni and these are some photos of my bag with & without a bag insert. Looks brand spanking new again!

New again! :tup: Yes, I got an insert for my Pico 22 and it's from MaiTai: https://maitaicollection.com/collections/bag-inserts. I'm really happy with it as it helps with the organization and the structure of the bag.

Stupid question....I have the old style Picotin without lock. Looking at newer Picotins.
I cannot figure out the purpose of the lock except as weight to keep bag closed, but does one unlock it to go into bag?
Thanks

Stupid question....I have the old style Picotin without lock. Looking at newer Picotins.
I cannot figure out the purpose of the lock except as weight to keep bag closed, but does one unlock it to go into bag?
Thanks

I have both. With my new picotin lock 18, I have the lock locked and I do not remove it to go into the bag, I just reach in to remove anything.

Reactions: golconda

Thank you for showing us your bag insert. Was hoping to find from someone that is located in the US.