Food Ode to the Ice cream

Mediana

~Travelista~
O.G.
May 7, 2007
Ice cream is that one thing that I find most people like. I thought it would be fun to know where in the world you find the best ice cream. That place that made you go :yahoo:

Ok, I go first. There is a little tiny ice cream shop in Antibes-France. They have ice cream and sorbets and it's a little piece of heaven. I have never come close to anything like it elsewhere. The creamy ice cream is like a mix of mousse and icecream. Thick delicious and it really has flavours. The sorebet is like eating the fruit it self.

This is the only little notis I could find about the place
http://saya--myphilosophy.blogspot.com/2006/08/best-ice-cream.html

Oh, fun! I don't have any great places near me now, but when I lived in the Midwest (US) tons of places had frozen custard- both chains and local shops. That stuff is the best ice cream I've ever tasted. Really creamy, rich and sooooo good!

mango ice cream i got in Maui on my way to Hana.. that was.. the best.. ice cream EVER...

stuff i can find everyday- from coldstone i LOVE the cheesecake version...yumm

i goto coldstone. the best ice cream i ever had in my life though was this place in florence. there is a gelato place across the street from the museum where the statue of david is. i saw the statue from the outside while i ate my ice cream muahaha no i didnt go into the museum because it was full price to get in and all you could goto was the room where david is? So i saved my dad some money by taking the little kiddies that were with us to get some gelato :P mmm mint chocolate chip gelato :love: though geilenkirchen in germany had this one place where i would get spaghetti eis, it was delicious! just wish i could remember what the place was called :shame: i remember what the owners look like :lol: haagen daaz in maastricht the netherlands i used to goto too :love: haha ok so i think ice cream is better in europe then the u, but i love coldstone. theres a place we used to goto in belleville il called mardios? or something, that place was delcious. you could all different flavors of slushies like a bart simpson haha or concretes, turtles(this was my parents favorite, it was like vanilla custard ice cream, peanuts, almonds, carmel, chocoalte syrup...?), ice cream cones, milkshakes, etc... though freddies in glendale/phoenix az at 51st and bell is delcious too! ok i love ice cream haha :P

There's a couple dairy farms around here that have their own ice cream shops. The ice cream is hormone and antibiotic free, and I love supporting the local farmers! :tup:

I usually get 2 scoops of Banana in a pretzel cone from the one place, and I get Blue Moon or Green Tea from the other place...

i dont know if it was here or il there was a place i used to go pick strawberries and afterwards we would go have frozen custard at this place! it was delicious! :P it was something farm :lol: pepperidge farm? oh wait is that what makes goldfish :lol:

i had a bad experience with coldstone once several years ago and never went back, but last week i had their coffee ice cream with caramel, heath bar, and white chocolate chips...omg so good.

my flavor du jour is chocolate chip cookie dough but my all time fave is haagen daazs pistachio. i once ate an entire pint in one sitting and it was all i ate all day...i actually lost like a pound or 2 that day oddly enough.

^ I've had bad experiences at Coldstone too. Overall, I really am not impressed w/ what you get for the money. I think most of their ice cream is too sweet as well and I love sweets! Sometimes, their toppings taste old/stale too. For the money, I'd rather save 2 bucks and get a blizzard at Dairy Queen! :P

I LOVE pistachio ice cream as well! That is one of my faves! Ben and Jerry's is really good. Blue Bell's Almond Pistachio is yummy too and a bit better for you calorie/fat/sugar wise.

^ I've had bad experiences at Coldstone too. Overall, I really am not impressed w/ what you get for the money. I think most of their ice cream is too sweet as well and I love sweets! Sometimes, their toppings taste old/stale too. For the money, I'd rather save 2 bucks and get a blizzard at Dairy Queen! :P

I LOVE pistachio ice cream as well! That is one of my faves! Ben and Jerry's is really good. Blue Bell's Almond Pistachio is yummy too and a bit better for you calorie/fat/sugar wise.

yea. the stale toppings...that's why i never went back to coldstone. i got something that involved brownie pieces as a topping and it was so dry and stale and gross and i'm like no thank you. never again. too bad we don't have a dairy queen here. there is a ben and jerry's on my block. vanilla heath bar crunch is my absolute fave ben and jerry's.
there's also an ice cream shop like 2 blocks away with some super odd flavors like wasabi and sesame and corn! :wtf: