Ode to the Evelyne

Quick questions if you can help me choose..

Between PHW or GHW for Evelyne in Black PM, which would you choose?

I’d choose PHW, because I wear almost exclusively silver toned jewelery, and also because I think PHW suits the casual nature of the Evelyne. That said, it’s really personal preference and you can’t go wrong with either.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Where are you located?
I am in the northeast. I have shopped at the DC store (1 pair of sandals) before but I will be passing through Pennsylvania and stopping at the store there. I asked the sales supervisor who made my appt via email and she’s the one who told me that it’s a waitlist item.
I am barely beginning to dabble in Hermes and just want to own one of their beautiful leather bags in my budget! In the future I def want an Evelyne PM but it’s a little out of my price range right now.

Reactions: Crapples
I was told by my boutique today that mini Evelynes are waitlist items. These bags are getting very hard to get! And the resale markup is quite annoying
Waitlist is probably a poor term (though I fully believe you that they used this term as it’s easiest for them). More like they are snagged by SAs for their known clients on arrival leaving very little/no inventory for new/walk-in shoppers. They’ve been this way forever. Kindly let your SA know of your interest and then hopefully luck and timing will be on your side. Good luck!

Hi All, this is my first time writing on this type of forum so I feel clumsy and my apologies if this is not the appropriate place to ask my question let me know..
I have a handful of designer bags , a Gucci Soho Disco (love the smooshy leather) LV NF and a vintage Sologne and most recent purchase a Loewe Puzzle mini which I am obsessed with because of the quality and feel of the leather and very impressive quality of the craftsmanship as well. I hear that both leather and craftsmanship quality is next to none with Hermes but I have not been in a store yet to touch and feel...I am interested in the Evelyne, not sure if I will opt for the TPM which I find so cute and in a bright color would be such a happy bag the 29 would be bigger than what I am used to and I don’t carry much anyway BUT I know I would use the rear (or front pocket )...so big dilemma...
Question: were you just instantly hooked the moment you touched and felt the Hermes leather; I mean can I expect it to wow me just as much or more than my Loewe I know what a question hey....but wondering if I need to book a visit to the store 1 1/2 hr away or just take the plunge and buy something from Fashionphile...( the Montreal store has 0 TPM inventory and only 1 Evie 29 in black...I’m looking for a sunny “happy” color
Thanks and sorry for the novel

I have about 40 Gucci bags 1960 and younger, they do great products, the Disco is a great go-to. I also have a Loewe suede pouch inside my Clemence leather 29. Leather should get better as it ages, but it should be able to age.

If you buy Clemence you should be wowed, a natural grained leather that's supple and strong. I love Loewe and have several (now vintage) bags. Clemence wears like iron, feels like the best leather. I think H do some of the best leathers but Clemence is the one that lends itself to chuck-around robustness and undulation.

I use the front pocket for my phone, sometimes a ticket. It's very useful.

I’m new to Hermès myself! I bought my first Evie right around lockdown here in the U.S. I just took her out for her maiden voyage a couple of weeks ago to the Palm Beach Gardens Mall to shop and eat. She’s a PM in Clemence in Orange. She has palladium hardware. I agree - that leather is amazing. So soft and squishy! But not delicate - very strong. I loved it so much I recently bought one in Etoupe with gold hardware. I like that Etoupe is the chameleon color and I love gold. I think the gold bumps it up a notch. I also bought a preloved Vespa- I usually avoid fabric bags but this one was too cute to pass up!

Attachments

• FD766C9F-B9B9-4D15-9328-949BA77A20BA.jpeg
    FD766C9F-B9B9-4D15-9328-949BA77A20BA.jpeg
    423.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 0373C29C-49B3-43EE-BE1A-CB5011651A60.jpeg
    0373C29C-49B3-43EE-BE1A-CB5011651A60.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 142
I have had the Evelyne II 29 in clemence for several years and stopped using it for a while. I’ve only carried it over my shoulder with a twilly tied to 1 end because it’s too heavy cross-body (hurts neck). When I recently took it out for a shopping day it felt too heavy. Now, I will only use it for errands. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older? Does anyone else feel that their Evie has become too heavy? Thanks
Oh yeah same here...I stopped using mine. Just feels they're too heavy lately. Glad to find I'm not alone

There are 5 Evelyne TPMs on the US website right now... in beautiful colors. Sadly none in Canada, where I'm shopping from...hope one of you lucky ladies can snag it. :smile:

View attachment 5088392
Well those went in record time. Anyone get one? The pink one is gorgeous.
But it’s at least nice to see that they do come up on the website

Me too. I used it briefly last week and felt it was just heavy and a bit cumbersome. And, it fits not a lot for a heavy bag. I fear I might be falling out of love with my evie. :sad:
That’s so sad! Maybe you’re over filling it? I have a bad back and bony shoulders and the strap was fine. I put a few accessories -H and LV- phone and sunglasses inside. I even stuffed a thin sweater on top. I can’t do hand or arm carry for long periods of time anymore - I get red welts on my arms and the weight of the hand carry on one side throws my back out really badly. The strap is really nice even though some may not think it’s chic.