Ode to the Evelyne

The bag is definitely structured - so beautiful but I doubt you or I would wear it - we'd just stare at it, and we've all been down that path!
The TPM is Bleu Nuit. I got a friend a PM in this color so I know how very close to black it is, but I am using my small bags a lot right nbw, so I know it will get used!

Love Blue Nuit -- functions like black, but a bit more interesting! Does yours have the amazon strap?

I posted this in the Hunter thread but here is the Evelyne Sellier "IRL". It's very much what I think of as classic Hermès.

In the second photo you can also see my new Evie TPM photobombing :cloud9:

View attachment 3735768 View attachment 3735769

Thank you so much for posting this photo! I have been intrigued by this bag since I first saw images of it, but have never seen a photo from real life. It's so sleek. Very cool.

Aaaand an hour after I posted my reply this am, my SA showed me the same bag in Hunter, Rouge H. She says it does not come in Sombrero so perhaps you saw Hunter? It's BEAUTIFUL. I'm mildly obsessed also. I was surprised to see that it still has an outside pocket, somehow I had thought it would be like the Evelyne I.

I would have purchased but I think it is a little large on me - the Evie PM in Clemence is more forgiving because it's soft. Oh yeah, and that "no more bags" thing I am supposed to be doing!
I think I must have misunderstood her because she was telling me about so many leathers. I thought it was a bit big as well, maybe because it is stiff and sellier! I bet the Rouge H was fantastic, would love to see that too. the pictures are gorgeous!!!

She also showed me a Lindy in burgundy Evercolor. I wonder if the Evelyne comes in ever color too? What a lovely, soft leather that is!!! Does anyone know? I also really love the burgundy color!!

Love Blue Nuit -- functions like black, but a bit more interesting! Does yours have the amazon strap?
Sadly no Amazone strap....that's really what I was hoping for. But at an affordable (for H!!) price, I think it's a bag I will use a lot....

I think I must have misunderstood her because she was telling me about so many leathers. I thought it was a bit big as well, maybe because it is stiff and sellier! I bet the Rouge H was fantastic, would love to see that too. the pictures are gorgeous!!!

She also showed me a Lindy in burgundy Evercolor. I wonder if the Evelyne comes in ever color too? What a lovely, soft leather that is!!! Does anyone know? I also really love the burgundy color!!
I think the non-sellier Evelyne only comes in Clemence and Epsom in regular production, with a few odd ones here and there (like it showing up in grizzly). I've seen older Evies in box and Barenia as well as crinoline and toile combos, and suede/grizzly/doblis, but haven't personally come across evercolor. Evercolor does have a really nice hand. But Clemence is indestructible which I love!

Hi - I have been finding conflicting information regarding the TPM Evelyn and if it's discontinued or still available in select stores. I have seen a few recent posts of people finding them in store, so I am hopeful! Any definitive information is much appreciated! I currently have a Clemence GM but have been eyeing a black Epsom TPM for months now!

I have both the PM and the GM. I find the GM does fit noticeably more (to me, it's really the difference between carrying a water bottle or umbrella or not, since either size fits my other stuff (wallet, small cosmetics pouch, keys, sunglasses, Kleenex). The GM and PM weigh about the same (although the GM fits more so will be heavier loaded up) but feel different to wear, largely because the GM is significantly taller than the PM. I'm 5'6 and had the strap of my GM shortened 8 inches because the bag is so much taller than the PM so it felt like it was hanging down too low. Somewhere on this thread there are photos that I posted showing the difference. If you don't like digging in deep bags for your stuff, the PM may be better for you.

As far as colors, it really depends on your personal taste and warddrobe, but I'd suggest Colvert, Blue Sapphire, Blue de Galice, Rouge Grenat, or any shade of orange (orange, Orange Poppy or Feu) as a non-neutral that can work well in all seasons. H does colors so well, just pick one you love that goes with your wardrobe!
Hi - do you mind sharing where you got your strap shortened? I have asked SA's before about this and have always been told it's not possible (at least through Hermes) and if I did make a change, they would not be able to service the bag anymore...

Hi - do you mind sharing where you got your strap shortened? I have asked SA's before about this and have always been told it's not possible (at least through Hermes) and if I did make a change, they would not be able to service the bag anymore...

I did it through my boutique, so it was done by an H craftsman. The policy may vary by boutique, but I think my SA got around any rule preventing it by sending it out as a repair. It took about 8 weeks and if memory serves, cost about $80.

Hi - I have been finding conflicting information regarding the TPM Evelyn and if it's discontinued or still available in select stores. I have seen a few recent posts of people finding them in store, so I am hopeful! Any definitive information is much appreciated! I currently have a Clemence GM but have been eyeing a black Epsom TPM for months now!
Keep checking at h.com as well. I posted in the web finds thread about seeing a malachite Evelyn tpm with a blue Zanzibar strap that popped up just last week. They show up every now and then.

Sadly no Amazone strap....that's really what I was hoping for. But at an affordable (for H!!) price, I think it's a bag I will use a lot....

I think the non-sellier Evelyne only comes in Clemence and Epsom in regular production, with a few odd ones here and there (like it showing up in grizzly). I've seen older Evies in box and Barenia as well as crinoline and toile combos, and suede/grizzly/doblis, but haven't personally come across evercolor. Evercolor does have a really nice hand. But Clemence is indestructible which I love!
Thanks, QuelleFromage. I couldn't believe how much I loved the Evercolor, so extraordinarily soft and supple.

It's totally available and in production. I bought one yesterday and was told new colors coming for new season. Good luck!

Reactions: Clara81