Ode to the Berline bag!

All long time Berline owners, I'd like to hear how's the wear and tear of this bag in the GM size? Does the swift leather get softer over time in this particular design? I'm interested to get one of these and would love to hear advice and opinions as there's not much info on it. Would appreciate pictures of how the Berline age if possible? Thank you so much!! [emoji4][emoji4]

Reactions: ashlie
I would also love to see how the GM size wears. I'm looking into purchasing one. So in love [emoji7]

All long time Berline owners, I'd like to hear how's the wear and tear of this bag in the GM size? Does the swift leather get softer over time in this particular design? I'm interested to get one of these and would love to hear advice and opinions as there's not much info on it. Would appreciate pictures of how the Berline age if possible? Thank you so much!! [emoji4][emoji4]

I've had my Berline for close to a year and I travel frequently with it, I have to say it's holding up pretty well! No slouching at all. The only downside for me is that my Berline is Vermillion and I always wear jeans so the color transfer on the back is quite obvious. Other than that, I absolutely adore this bag [emoji173]️

Reviving this thread with my first Berline in Rose Azalee!!:love: Berline had never been on my wishlist but oh well - never say never with Hermes right?:graucho: Saw a mini Berline in Rose Azalee on shelf in my local boutique a few weeks ago, tried it on but it looked way too small on me (I'm 175cm tall) so I randomly asked the SA if they had it in GM size - I expected a 'No' as I've never seen any Rose Azalee Berline in GM anywhere before but the SA brought this one out!!:loveeyes: Obviously, the rest is history and I took this little beauty home with me!:blush:

Attachments

• IMG_2218.JPG
    IMG_2218.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,056
I so understand what you are saying. I told my sa I wanted something in Rose A - it would be my first pink bag and I could test the waters to see if I really liked pink. She brought out this bag and I fell in love with both the color and the bag itself. Super great looking and I am so happy to have her in my collection. Wear her well.

Reactions: Cambridge Girl
Reviving this thread with my first Berline in Rose Azalee!!:love: Berline had never been on my wishlist but oh well - never say never with Hermes right?:graucho: Saw a mini Berline in Rose Azalee on shelf in my local boutique a few weeks ago, tried it on but it looked way too small on me (I'm 175cm tall) so I randomly asked the SA if they had it in GM size - I expected a 'No' as I've never seen any Rose Azalee Berline in GM anywhere before but the SA brought this one out!!:loveeyes: Obviously, the rest is history and I took this little beauty home with me!:blush:

Beautiful! :heart:

Reactions: Cambridge Girl
I so understand what you are saying. I told my sa I wanted something in Rose A - it would be my first pink bag and I could test the waters to see if I really liked pink. She brought out this bag and I fell in love with both the color and the bag itself. Super great looking and I am so happy to have her in my collection. Wear her well.
Yay we're twinsies!!:hugs:I'm a pink-lover and Rose Azalee is my favourite H pink thus far - it's hard for me to say no to any leather bags in this colour!!:giggle: I've already had an Herbag in RA and have been looking for a Lindy in RA for ages but no such luck...I'm super glad that I found my Berline - my love for it grows every time I use / look at it :love: and my next target would be a C24 instead of a Lindy!:loveeyes:

I have been contemplating a Berline 28 but I have a Halzan 31 and I am not sure if the Berline will just be redundant.
I don't have Halzan in my collection, but I think the two bag styles are quite different from each other? The original detachable strap that comes with the Berline gvies a sporty/casual feel and it's a bit long for me (even I'm 175cm tall:hrmm:), it looks okay if I wear the bag cross-body (which I rarely do lol) but it looks a bit strange if I carry the bag on my shoulder...so I've used a maxi twilly as a strap instead and it gives the bag a more elegant look!:heart:

I just collected my Berline back from spa and I have to say I'm so happy with the end results. It's a pity I don't have before pictures for comparison.

Basically, it had very bad denim transfer on the back as I used it constantly as my go-to bag and I wear mostly denim. There were also some black marks on the bottom and the front that weren't water marks. Later the artisan told me it was some kind of chemical stain or might be even burnt marks as the affected area was drier and shrivelled as compared to the rest of the bag. I seriously have no idea what happened to it [emoji33] so I was in total shock when she told me that.

Thankfully they managed to salvage it and though I'm not one to baby my bags, neither am I one who abuses them thus I will be more mindful in future [emoji28]

IMG_1498296221.962741.jpgIMG_1498296237.013097.jpgIMG_1498296249.285622.jpgIMG_1498296260.240952.jpg

Reactions: ahhgoo
I've been offered berline 28 in noir, never like the bag until I tried on. I looks so different after you tried the bag, however the swift leather was already have some scratches which the SA said it's very normal for this kind of leather.
I didn't take the bag as the price isn't worth for those scratches but now want it more as I saw many lovely colors in here!