ODE to the 25cm Birkin

I haven’t had a problem carrying it around during the winter either, regardless of the type of coat I’m wearing. Size wise, it’s more than enough for everything I need, even in the winter (+ gloves and scarf). When I don’t feel like hand carrying a bag, I wear my Kelly Sellier 25 instead. It’s a lot more limited in space and slower to get into, but you’re completely hands free like you would be with any other shoulder bag. Aside from the strap, I think one of the biggest reasons I wore my K25 more than my B25 this winter is because it is Black Epsom versus Etoupe Swift. Don’t let me dissuade you from buying a B25; I just wanted to give you the pros and cons of each, but do keep in mind how delicate the leather you’re choosing is, if you want to wear it year round.
It’s an amazing bag, it’s the most versatile size wise and it works for day or evening (to a degree).
Good luck!

Thank you so much for your detailed account! Do you feel swift needs to be babied a bit? I have wondered about durability. I only have swift in smaller clutches for occasional rather than daily use. I am not sure if a swift b can handle day to day wear.

Thank you so much for your detailed account! Do you feel swift needs to be babied a bit? I have wondered about durability. I only have swift in smaller clutches for occasional rather than daily use. I am not sure if a swift b can handle day to day wear.
Yes, Swift does need to be babied, even in ‘medium’ colors like Etoupe. I’m sure a black would hide wear and tear better, since it’s darker, but it’s still a delicate leather that won’t let you be as carefree with it as Epsom or other leather would. Other than how ‘durable’ a leather is, another very important thing to consider with everyday, workhorse bags is which B25 leathers currently in production can be refurbished by the H spa the best? I know Swift is not one of them lol

Yes, Swift does need to be babied, even in ‘medium’ colors like Etoupe. I’m sure a black would hide wear and tear better, since it’s darker, but it’s still a delicate leather that won’t let you be as carefree with it as Epsom or other leather would. Other than how ‘durable’ a leather is, another very important thing to consider with everyday, workhorse bags is which B25 leathers currently in production can be refurbished by the H spa the best? I know Swift is not one of them lol

Thank you, dear for all of your great advice! I think this has me dreaming of two baby birkins.... swift for an elegant occasional use and togo for everyday...OH NO, what have we done!! Seriously, though, thank you again for your help! :smile:

Reactions: NOIRetMoi and buxus
Thank you, dear for all of your great advice! I think this has me dreaming of two baby birkins.... swift for an elegant occasional use and togo for everyday...OH NO, what have we done!! Seriously, though, thank you again for your help! :smile:

You’re very welcome! You won’t regret it. It’s a gorgeous (not so little) small bag and 2 are definitely better than 1 ‍♀️
*Please share her when you get her (or them!) and if you turn down a black Swift (or another Black smooth leather) with GHW, let me know. I can give her a happy home Hahaha

View attachment 3495296
Introducing Black Beauty, my new B25 in swift.

Still rather chilly this week. Carrying my Blue Electric SO. Thank you for letting me share!

View attachment 3621751

At 5'7, size 2/4... rocking the 25!!!
I absolutely love that it sits where it does on my arm... no chance of denim transfer bc it sits high! YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!
p.s. Yes, I got Breezy another outfit today... she will be sooooo classy in these =)

Hi Ladies! I've quoted you because from reading this thread (and some of these posts) I know that you can arm carry the 25.

My question to you (and anyone else that wants to chime in) is how difficult is it to get your hand through the handle opening???

For example, I've tried the round style enamels and struggled to scrunch my hand through the opening. For this reason, so far my one and only enamel is a charniere.

I've totally fallen for hoping to add a black B. Just trying to decide whether to go 25 or 30. My other bags are B30 etoupe, K28 RC and mini-Roulis black.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Ladies! I've quoted you because from reading this thread (and some of these posts) I know that you can arm carry the 25.

My question to you (and anyone else that wants to chime in) is how difficult is it to get your hand through the handle opening???

For example, I've tried the round style enamels and struggled to scrunch my hand through the opening. For this reason, so far my one and only enamel is a charniere.

I've totally fallen for hoping to add a black B. Just trying to decide whether to go 25 or 30. My other bags are B30 etoupe, K28 RC and mini-Roulis black.

Thanks for your help!
Unfortunately I sold mine dear for that exact reason. As much as I loved her... and I loved her A LOT... she was too fussy with that small drop. I ended up hand carrying all the time and that gets old.... FAST. I loved the size of the bag itself though. I would only consider K25 now because the drop is a lot bigger.

I seem to be in the minority on this thread tho hahahahah For Birkin, I'm strictly 30.

Unfortunately I sold mine dear for that exact reason. As much as I loved her... and I loved her A LOT... she was too fussy with that small drop. I ended up hand carrying all the time and that gets old.... FAST. I loved the size of the bag itself though. I would only consider K25 now because the drop is a lot bigger.

I seem to be in the minority on this thread tho hahahahah For Birkin, I'm strictly 30.
Thank you, IF. This is extremely helpful! I really appreciate your insight.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for your help!
I have no issues as my hands and arms fit the 25B handles fine. I wear a Cartier size 15 in both the LOVE cuff and the Juste un Clou and need the smallest sizes for all Hermes bracelets and bangles. If you find the 25 a little too small then I think the 30 would be better.

Reactions: seasounds