Ode To Swift

Hi all. I have been offered a Kelly 25 in Swift leather. Never had Swift before, is that ok for a Kelly? Or will it be too unstructured? Thanks for any advice you can give!
I had a swift retourne k25, and it did slouch and stretch over time. It will hold structure better due to small size, but with use, it will have a stretch and show softness pretty early.

It's really so subjective... but the size of the K25 means really little to no slouching versus other sizes. I think it comes down to how much structure you really prefer. I prefer very structured bags and do not like slouch, and the K25 in swift has worked well for me. Go see it in person if you can and decide. :yes:
Thanks, going to go in and have a look today. So excited, been waiting for 18 months!

I had a swift retourne k25, and it did slouch and stretch over time. It will hold structure better due to small size, but with use, it will have a stretch and show softness pretty early.
Thanks, that is what I am worried about. Not really a fan of slouchy bags and I heard Swift is softer than Epsom or Togo… but on the other hand it will be nice to add a different leather to my collection. I reckon if it’s Sellier, it might hold shape better?

Reactions: may3545
Thanks, that is what I am worried about. Not really a fan of slouchy bags and I heard Swift is softer than Epsom or Togo… but on the other hand it will be nice to add a different leather to my collection. I reckon if it’s Sellier, it might hold shape better?
Sellier will hold shape better! You can also just add an insert to keep the shape. My retourne swift would slump over if empty.

Pics of the softened leather in craie.

IMG_9538.jpegIMG_9539.jpegIMG_9540.jpegIMG_9541.png

Sellier will hold shape better! You can also just add an insert to keep the shape. My retourne swift would slump over if empty.

Pics of the softened leather in craie.

View attachment 5830210View attachment 5830211View attachment 5830212View attachment 5830213
Thank you very much for these lovely photos.
You and your bag look so beautiful - and with that dress -:love:.

And as I type, DDDH came in for a second - his eyes fell on the photos:
"Oh - nice bag! Finally real Parisian fashion!"
Me: why?
Him: "- not one of those endlessly interchangeable resale bags still with plastic stickers on it -
but a bag that gets to live with the lady who can obviously afford such amazing bags!"
:flowers:

I asked for a mini Kelly or b25 in vert fizz but got offered this instead. I will see it in person tomorrow. I’m on the fence because it’s swift and I have 3 kids. Isn’t swift pretty delicate?

I think Swift is mistakenly being categorized as delicate based on Birkin or Kelly styles as it puddles more than the other grained leathers. In a Lindy, I think it's a great leather which takes color beautifully and suits the style/shape of the bag. A member shared about their mini Lindy in Swift here.

IMG_7248.jpeg
Thought l’d share an interesting observation about mauve sylvestre swift when in contact with water. The colour actually turns a shade of light blue when in contact with water. L circled the blue area in the picture above. This is the 2nd time l have seen it happen, first with tap water and today with rain water. Both times l dabbed it dry with a cotton clothe, and a minute later, voila, colour is back to original
IMG_7251.jpeg

I had wanted a Lindy for as long as I could remember and knowing that Lindy only comes in swift and clemence, I had my heart set on clemence.. When opportunity presented itself in form of Lindy 30 in mykonos swift, I was quite hesitant but decided jump on the swift despite warnings from so many that swift is hardly a durable leather and would scratch so easily... How glad I am for taking my chances!!! Especially after seeing a mykonos in clemence, which is a little more subdued.. I love how mykonos just pops in swift and as everyone said, swift IS buttery soft :love::love::love:
good choice - I feel the Lindy in swift looks fresh and younger than clemence.. I also have a lindy in Vert Fizz swift ghw and everytime I see it I melt inside :heart:

View attachment 5843864
Thought l’d share an interesting observation about mauve sylvestre swift when in contact with water. The colour actually turns a shade of light blue when in contact with water. L circled the blue area in the picture above. This is the 2nd time l have seen it happen, first with tap water and today with rain water. Both times l dabbed it dry with a cotton clothe, and a minute later, voila, colour is back to original
View attachment 5843865
this colour is so beautiful on swift - I love these photos

I think Swift is mistakenly being categorized as delicate based on Birkin or Kelly styles as it puddles more than the other grained leathers. In a Lindy, I think it's a great leather which takes color beautifully and suits the style/shape of the bag. A member shared about their mini Lindy in Swift here.
I absolutely agree! Some people are adverse to Swift but it's holding up really nicely for my ml which I take often for travels. The bag has gone in the rain and sun but it still looks good!

Reactions: Meta and Hermezzy
Hey guys I hope it's ok to ask this... In January picked up a Birkin 30 in Noir Swift and I looooove it!
Swift is now my favorite leather! Its simply devine.
I think for my next bag; I'd LOVE to go for a red Kelly 32 in Swift. :love:
But does anyone know which reds are currently available in swift? Ive already told my SA that Im really looking for something in red but I didn't go into detail besides gushing over the leather like a lunatic :lol: and didn't ask as I was still so in awe over my new B. :-s

I’m sorry if this has been asked before but does H make Kelly 28 in swift leather? I have seen a few Kelly 25 in swift on reseller sites but not a K28. I recently came across a Lindy 30 in swift and it was just so supple and beautiful! I want to put a K28 swift on my wishlist but wanted to make sure that it is made! Thanks!
No, it isn't available at podium unlike Togo/Clemence retourne Kelly 28s. They're available as an option for SO.