Ode to Silver

I tried the silver CDC bracelet (the thinnest model) at an airport store last week... Looks absolutely phenomenal but the SA and I spent a good 10 minutes trying to get that thing off after. I practically scratched my skin raw trying to get at the closure. Needless to say I didn't buy it. What a pity that such a beautiful piece of jewelry has such a big design flaw!

I was also a bit concerned about whether the CDC would tarnish. I stopped buying silver jewelry a long time ago because it turns blackish pretty quickly and I can't get it to shine again no matter how many products I use.
I have one. It opens like several H bracelets I have, you squeeze the top with one finger on upper part of cuff (where the studs are) and the other finger (of same hand) squeezing the bottom part of cuff. You are squeezing your fingers together and that pressure "lifts" the clasp off the bottom part of the cuff. You're not moving your fingers while squeezing. Once you get used to it it's no prob at all. And that is a very secure closure for a cuff that is not cheap.

PLus it's such a striking look. I got one in the aftermath of seeing an online picture of Jennifer Lopez in a vivid chartreuse/lime dress wearing just this cuff alone as an accessory. It looked so striking on her . .

I don't see tarnish on my CDC or any Hermes sterling bracelet. I don't know if they rhodium plate the sterling to eliminate tarnish or what?

I tried the silver CDC bracelet (the thinnest model) at an airport store last week... Looks absolutely phenomenal but the SA and I spent a good 10 minutes trying to get that thing off after. I practically scratched my skin raw trying to get at the closure. Needless to say I didn't buy it. What a pity that such a beautiful piece of jewelry has such a big design flaw!

I was also a bit concerned about whether the CDC would tarnish. I stopped buying silver jewelry a long time ago because it turns blackish pretty quickly and I can't get it to shine again no matter how many products I use.
I have the silver CDC in all 3 widths and I have to say it actually get easier to open with time, except the full size CDC which DH needs to help me with. That is extremely tight and will never drop off on it's own. Hermes silver is very good quality and you can definitely polish it back to pristine with any silver cloth or dip. It rarely tarnishes unless it's very humid or there is sea air where you live.

Thank you eagle1002us and periogirl28 for your views on the silver CDC! You're tempting me to go take another look at it :smile:
yes like what others say, once u get the hang of it, it's not hard to remove at all. it is a very classic statement piece along with the Kelly one. I love them both. As for tarnish, it does come off so not difficult to treat. You definitely should take another look at it.

Opening:
It's quite easy, give it another try in a local boutique when you have more time and get a more experienced SA, and you would be amazed how simple it was to open.

Tarnish:
I had my H silver for years, none of them tarnished.
I do put moisture absorbent in my jewellery drawers.
And I occasionally (1-2 time a year) wipe them with a Goddards Silver Polish cloth.

I love this ring. Is it comfortable to wear?
I have long and thin fingers.
I was little disappointed because I wanted the size below (after trying 3 sizes) and the saler told me no, and now when I’m cold the ring turns on my finger but when its warm I’m ok with the ring, you will feel it at the beginning because it’s a big ring but you will get used to it.
I really love this ring and I have many compliments about it so yes I recommande this ring (with the good size!).
Try to buy it on a cold day, it helps...

I have long and thin fingers.
I was little disappointed because I wanted the size below (after trying 3 sizes) and the saler told me no, and now when I’m cold the ring turns on my finger but when its warm I’m ok with the ring, you will feel it at the beginning because it’s a big ring but you will get used to it.
I really love this ring and I have many compliments about it so yes I recommande this ring (with the good size!).
Try to buy it on a cold day, it helps...
Thanks for the info. Where I live it is mostly HOT and humid, but the air conditioning makes it very very cold. I really love big statement rings and I wear them on my middle finger. I will check this one out when I go to the boutique next week.

Loving the Hermes Collier de Chien silver bracelet I got for my birthday! I have small wrists so it's hard to find bracelets that fit well, and the smallest size works. I haven't had any issues with the hinge and latch, been able to put it on and take it off without trouble. It's lightweight and comfortable, so I'm very happy! Plus it has a Goth fetish BDSM vibe that is perfect for me haha.

La Carmina

Attachments

• hermes.jpg
    hermes.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 327