Scarves Ode to Parures de Samouraïs

I'm also no expert but from what I understand it is sizing that makes the silk stiff. My 08 is also stiff ..maybe whoever applied the sizing for 08 and 05 has a heavy hand. As to the number of colors that is amazing but I don't think they are screened one at a time..I'm still disappointed with the lack of saturation at the backside..laser printing? I have my Ailes de la Soie from 2014 and the underside is saturated with color like the older scarves. But the debate on laser printing is on another topic and thread.

Ding ding ding! Correct!!!!! Stiffness is due to sizing. I still have no idea what sizing actually is, but it's applied to the scarf in their magical process [emoji92][emoji92][emoji92] There is generally some inconsistency in this, and lately it's been a non-issue for me, but I just remember half my scarves from 1999 (Rythmes du Monde, Cavaliers des Nuages) could pretty much stand on their own.

Especially jacquards from that time. Hi BBC and all.

Ding ding ding! Correct!!!!! Stiffness is due to sizing. I still have no idea what sizing actually is, but it's applied to the scarf in their magical process [emoji92][emoji92][emoji92] There is generally some inconsistency in this, and lately it's been a non-issue for me, but I just remember half my scarves from 1999 (Rythmes du Monde, Cavaliers des Nuages) could pretty much stand on their own.

I am not sure if I understood correctly but I am sorry to hear about your beloved mother, dear lynn. There must have been very little time and so many things to attend to; you should take care please. :heart:

A small wish for your happiness with your Zeta. And did you say you have a good chance at a complete set of Samourais scarves? Oh, my!
Have a good chance at cw03 and cw08. Surrounded myself with the others last night. Wonderful array of beauty and intricacy. This is an extravagance that I will not repeat.

Thank you for your kind thoughts dear Litchi. We are almost at the end of the journey. Not to be too personal but her sweet 1940's bungalow will never even make it on the market. My single mother was a confidant and mentor to young boys and young men her entire life. Made a huge impact in a small circle. She had studied for two years to be a teacher in the 1940's, while working full time. Had to drop out. He had a very near death illness the Christmas of my third year. She bought this house as a single woman in 1966 which was unheard of at the time, at least here. My realtor has a single woman, a teacher, who successfully fought off breast cancer last year, and has a three year old son. She cried when she saw the house for the first time and made a full price offer. The stars appears to be lined up in an amazing way. This house was the center of my Mother's universe. I think my daughter and I were more worried about who would take over her legacy in the home, than the selling price.

Have a good chance at cw03 and cw08. Surrounded myself with the others last night. Wonderful array of beauty and intricacy. This is an extravagance that I will not repeat.

Thank you for your kind thoughts dear Litchi. We are almost at the end of the journey. Not to be too personal but her sweet 1940's bungalow will never even make it on the market. My single mother was a confidant and mentor to young boys and young men her entire life. Made a huge impact in a small circle. She had studied for two years to be a teacher in the 1940's, while working full time. Had to drop out. He had a very near death illness the Christmas of my third year. She bought this house as a single woman in 1966 which was unheard of at the time, at least here. My realtor has a single woman, a teacher, who successfully fought off breast cancer last year, and has a three year old son. She cried when she saw the house for the first time and made a full price offer. The stars appears to be lined up in an amazing way. This house was the center of my Mother's universe. I think my daughter and I were more worried about who would take over her legacy in the home, than the selling price.

Pictures definitely to come.

Your mother's story and legacy is inspiring, dear lynn. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is good her house is going to a kindred spirit -- a strong woman as in your family. May the Samouraïs scarves remind us of our own strengths and beauty each time we wear them. :hugs:

And thank you to all for the information on scarves' sizing. :smile:

Dear Samouraïs, I am being tempted by cw 01 -- I asked my SA to hold on to it for now. I'm really set on either cw 02 or cw 04 although I've not seen either one yet. :lol: I'm hoping the PdS scarf frenzy dies down a bit and there will be more cw's coming in the boutique soon.

I am excited to share my samourias cw 11. I ordered from the King of Prussia Hermes store. I was a little nervous because I haven't seen it in person or many photos on here in that cw and wasn't sure if I would love it. Here are a few photos
I think it is stunning[emoji847][emoji847][emoji170][emoji170]
.IMG_1493493996.072361.jpg

IMG_1493494036.962835.jpg

With my Bastia in blue zanibar
IMG_1493494070.949054.jpg

And with my only other Hermes scarf
Les Dome Celeste
IMG_1493494112.561779.jpg

Folded
IMG_1493494138.741634.jpg

I am excited to share my samourias cw 11. I ordered from the King of Prussia Hermes store. I was a little nervous because I haven't seen it in person or many photos on here in that cw and wasn't sure if I would love it. Here are a few photos
.View attachment 3683152

View attachment 3683153

View attachment 3683154

Les Dome Celeste
View attachment 3683155

Folded
View attachment 3683156
Congratulations, CQ! Isn't it a great choice for your second H scarf? Your scarves are just gorgeous!

.View attachment 3683152

View attachment 3683153

View attachment 3683154

Les Dome Celeste
View attachment 3683155

Folded
View attachment 3683156
Just beautiful! Enjoy and congrats :biggrin:

Your mother's story and legacy is inspiring, dear lynn. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is good her house is going to a kindred spirit -- a strong woman as in your family. May the Samouraïs scarves remind us of our own strengths and beauty each time we wear them. :hugs:

And thank you to all for the information on scarves' sizing. :smile:
Thank you for your kind and comforting words Litchi. I am ready to have some fun soon. Think I am going to leave my little town in the next month or so and catch a plane to Seattle. I would love to drop in on the Nordstrom Flagship and maybe the Hermes Store. Spend a few hours learning how to tie the 90's. I'm terrible with written directions. Also need to learn how to make your sweet and sunny faces.

Reactions: litchi
Thank you for your kind and comforting words Litchi. I am ready to have some fun soon. Think I am going to leave my little town in the next month or so and catch a plane to Seattle. I would love to drop in on the Nordstrom Flagship and maybe the Hermes Store. Spend a few hours learning how to tie the 90's. I'm terrible with written directions. Also need to learn how to make your sweet and sunny faces.

Looks like this thread is slowing down. Too bad I have enjoyed it so much.

Reactions: bibivi1 and litchi
Looks like this thread is slowing down. Too bad I have enjoyed it so much.
Come join us on the Scarf of the Day thread: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...s-scarf-are-you-wearing-today.958067/page-309 .

There is a theme for every week. The list is found on page 1. We share photos of what we are wearing for the day (or pieces from our scarf collection that fit the week's theme).

About the funny faces or "emojis" these can be added when we compose our post. Click the smiley face on the tab on top of the text box and a choice of emojis appear.

I think some ladies are able to add emojis straight from their phones.

Reactions: Cygne18
Dear Samouraïs, I am being tempted by cw 01 -- I asked my SA to hold on to it for now. I'm really set on either cw 02 or cw 04 although I've not seen either one yet. :lol: I'm hoping the PdS scarf frenzy dies down a bit and there will be more cw's coming in the boutique soon.

Sounds like you have a similar colouring to me.

01 is fantastic and was a very close call for me too.

I bought 02 and then returned for 04 but after reflection returned 04. Not that it wasn't a perfect natural (for me) and is the most beautiful cw, but I decided that I didn't need both these cws as they'd would serve almost exactly the same purpose. If you have nothing like 01 already, I would think it would be very sensible to invest in that strong vibe and then buy either the softer 02 or 04 (unless you have a distinct purpose for each).

Reactions: litchi