ODE to Box Calf

Hi everyone -
Longtime fan of Box here. I just found my dream bag, box retourne Kelly 32 in dark blue with gold hardware She’s from 1998. Does anyone know what this blue color is called? I was thinking Bleu Marine but wasn’t sure. Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone -
Longtime fan of Box here. I just found my dream bag, box retourne Kelly 32 in dark blue with gold hardware She’s from 1998. Does anyone know what this blue color is called? I was thinking Bleu Marine but wasn’t sure. Thanks for your help!

Yes, she Does look Bleu Marine ..also lovely..if you don’t carry her all the time..please send to the U.K. for a bag share!!!

Only joking of course , but lucky you, have you bought her..?
I would in your place!(ive just created a vacancy, really I’m an exotic lover..but there Are exceptions..anything H Bleu Marine- like my Tsako for example-)

Enjoy her in good health!xxxx

PS mak e sure that the leather doesn’t smell “musty”- I had an Identical 1989 version of my current 2011 bag which I only bought recently, which smelt musty although looked beautiful, and I was advised that it was in the early stages of mould..

I wasn’t happy having her in my wardrobe so replaced her by fluke with the identical bag but 12 years younger..

Yes, she Does look Bleu Marine ..also lovely..if you don’t carry her all the time..please send to the U.K. for a bag share!!!

Only joking of course , but lucky you, have you bought her..?
I would in your place!(ive just created a vacancy, really I’m an exotic lover..but there Are exceptions..anything H Bleu Marine- like my Tsako for example-)

Enjoy her in good health!xxxx

PS mak e sure that the leather doesn’t smell “musty”- I had an Identical 1989 version of my current 2011 bag which I only bought recently, which smelt musty although looked beautiful, and I was advised that it was in the early stages of mould..

I wasn’t happy having her in my wardrobe so replaced her by fluke with the identical bag but 12 years younger..
Thank you! Yes I purchased. There was no odor thankfully - I agree that’s a bad sign!

Hi everyone -

Congratulations! I am so happy for you you found your dream bag:smile:. I can't wait to see you post pictures of it.

Curious if anyone has seen a B25 retourne in box? I've seen a couple of birkin selliers on PF but I don't think I've seen a retourne.
When the B25 first came out, it was issued in Box, and that model has come and gone since then, but does exist. Haven't personally seen one in store in quite a while, though.

Hello, newbie here. Though I do love grained leather, my greatest love was box calf because of the vintage look and feel that is so classical. I was asking my SA for a BBK, she said it would be a really rare bag, might take years….and then she shocked me with a black box birkin30 WPH which was something I thought I would never obtain. I know it’s not for the faint of heart(esp considering its price point and how it easily scratches) but, as my SA said, the box calf is a bag to be used and to grow with. I’m so happy!CC2E76CE-9AA4-41CD-AB33-2BFC546DD203.jpeg

Hello, newbie here. Though I do love grained leather, my greatest love was box calf because of the vintage look and feel that is so classical. I was asking my SA for a BBK, she said it would be a really rare bag, might take years….and then she shocked me with a black box birkin30 WPH which was something I thought I would never obtain. I know it’s not for the faint of heart(esp considering its price point and how it easily scratches) but, as my SA said, the box calf is a bag to be used and to grow with. I’m so happy!View attachment 5693837
Dream bag! Would you mind sharing the price in the 2023 price list? Would be very helpful for us box calf dreamers.
Enjoy it!

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
Hello, newbie here. Though I do love grained leather, my greatest love was box calf because of the vintage look and feel that is so classical. I was asking my SA for a BBK, she said it would be a really rare bag, might take years….and then she shocked me with a black box birkin30 WPH which was something I thought I would never obtain. I know it’s not for the faint of heart(esp considering its price point and how it easily scratches) but, as my SA said, the box calf is a bag to be used and to grow with. I’m so happy!View attachment 5693837
Congratulations! She's stunning! A dream Birkin for sure :heart: Wear her in good health and happiness:hugs:

Thank you!! I would have no problem sharing the price, though I do not live in the US (I’m in japan). Can you tell me where the price list is? (So sorry, I’m really new here)
I'm so happy for you! It's a bag that will last generations.
This is the 2023 pricing thread

I'm so happy for you! It's a bag that will last generations.
This is the 2023 pricing thread

Thank you!! I will definitely post when I get home and can copy&paste correctly.

Wow, what a stunner! Enjoy your beauty!

• Love
Reactions: usako1973