Ode to Barenia - please show your bags and accessories :o)

I recently bought a 1999 k32 retourne, obviously in barenia, from fashionphile and had it authenticated by bbbb. While I love it and know that barenia is a push offer and so many fellow TPFers have waited a looong time for a boutique offer for smooth barenia and retail is likely more expensive…its the most I’ve spent on a handbag before! $11700. It’s a sticker shock. I’m thankful I’m in a career that allows me to be financially comfortable making this purchase. But, I previously never allowed myself to enjoy luxury handbags because my focus was primarily on getting through training and setting up my career. This may not be the right post for this thread but I figured if anyone would appreciate the value of barenia it would be here! Also thank you @Veritybelle for posting this temptation 😉 on the “post web Hermes finds”. And @QuelleFromage I took your advice about buying preloved barenia to heart ❤️. Supportive enabling comments appreciated but other sage advice also appreciated! image.jpg

I recently bought a 1999 k32 retourne, obviously in barenia, from fashionphile and had it authenticated by bbbb. While I love it and know that barenia is a push offer and so many fellow TPFers have waited a looong time for a boutique offer for smooth barenia and retail is likely more expensive…its the most I’ve spent on a handbag before! $11700. It’s a sticker shock. I’m thankful I’m in a career that allows me to be financially comfortable making this purchase. But, I previously never allowed myself to enjoy luxury handbags because my focus was primarily on getting through training and setting up my career. This may not be the right post for this thread but I figured if anyone would appreciate the value of barenia it would be here! Also thank you @Veritybelle for posting this temptation 😉 on the “post web Hermes finds”. And @QuelleFromage I took your advice about buying preloved barenia to heart ❤️. Supportive enabling comments appreciated but other sage advice also appreciated! View attachment 5984026
You're very welcome! I'm sure you will get years of enjoyment from carrying this beauty.

Reactions: Gin&H
I recently bought a 1999 k32 retourne, obviously in barenia, from fashionphile and had it authenticated by bbbb. While I love it and know that barenia is a push offer and so many fellow TPFers have waited a looong time for a boutique offer for smooth barenia and retail is likely more expensive…its the most I’ve spent on a handbag before! $11700. It’s a sticker shock. I’m thankful I’m in a career that allows me to be financially comfortable making this purchase. But, I previously never allowed myself to enjoy luxury handbags because my focus was primarily on getting through training and setting up my career. This may not be the right post for this thread but I figured if anyone would appreciate the value of barenia it would be here! Also thank you @Veritybelle for posting this temptation 😉 on the “post web Hermes finds”. And @QuelleFromage I took your advice about buying preloved barenia to heart ❤️. Supportive enabling comments appreciated but other sage advice also appreciated! View attachment 5984026
Congrats! I think you will enjoy it for many years to come! Just gets more beautiful with age… and I get you with the sticker shock!

For me, I always think in cost per wear, of course the purchase sum is and remains still a lot, lot of money but you will be able to use it so much without worrying (at least I never worry about anything with my Barenia bags).

Congrats! I think you will enjoy it for many years to come! Just gets more beautiful with age… and I get you with the sticker shock!

For me, I always think in cost per wear, of course the purchase sum is and remains still a lot, lot of money but you will be able to use it so much without worrying (at least I never worry about anything with my Barenia bags).
Thank you @Goldenbelle for the support and that perspective! You’re right about not having to worry with Barenia bags, that is what drew me to the leather after all!

Beautiful bag! Since you would not have been able to find a retourné Barenia Kelly 32 in boutique, and since even if you *could* do so, it would be several thousand $ more than you paid, and given that brushed palladium is now almost exclusively for SO bags.... personally I think GREAT purchase!

The best advice I ever received about Barenia pricing was from my SA in London, who has had a beautiful Barenia Birkin for decades..."Just forget how much it cost, and use it. You will have it forever."

Sharing my anticipation: I found a vintage trim 35 in full fauve B PHW and it should arrive soon at my home… have been looking at trims for quite some years and never actually fell for one until now.

If the pictures are not completely off, it should be in a very lightly used condition. Cross your fingers for me…
@Goldenbelle I’m excited for you and sending positive energy that it’s as beautiful as advertised 🤞🏼🤞🏼and will be looking forward to a happy update!
Beautiful bag! Since you would not have been able to find a retourné Barenia Kelly 32 in boutique, and since even if you *could* do so, it would be several thousand $ more than you paid, and given that brushed palladium is now almost exclusively for SO bags.... personally I think GREAT purchase!

The best advice I ever received about Barenia pricing was from my SA in London, who has had a beautiful Barenia Birkin for decades..."Just forget how much it cost, and use it. You will have it forever."
@QuelleFromage thank you so much for the validation and support! I’ve learned so much reading through the forum from you and so many other TPFers which gave me the confidence to pull the trigger to buy the bag in the first place; I just needed to read the points you brought up to remind me to trust my instincts. And thank you and for sharing that *priceless* advice 😉.

Beauty! There is something special about Barenia. The scratches don't bother me on this leather compared to box. I'm so happy a TPFer got this bag!

Beauty! There is something special about Barenia. The scratches don't bother me on this leather compared to box. I'm so happy a TPFer got this bag!
Thank you! I agree, the scratches just add to the story of the bag, and make it more beautiful. I don’t know if I can own bags in leathers other than barenia (and box because I love it too for its own merits). But I guess I’ll have to see how I feel if I ever get offered bags at the boutique! Haha