Ode to Barenia - please show your bags and accessories :o)

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
Ah Barenia ... Please show your Barenia bags and other goodies...
Also any colored Barenia items :o)
Barenia comes in Natural, Black, rouge?,Olive,Deep blue and ??? Thank you :o)

Ah Barenia ... Please show your Barenia bags and other goodies...
Also any colored Barenia items :o)
Barenia comes in Natural, Black, rouge?,Olive,Deep blue and ??? Thank you :o)

...and...ebene!
Here are 2 bags in ebene and one combo that has black Barenia...

Attachments

• Blk crinolin0001.JPG
    Blk crinolin0001.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 7,007
  • Berlingot & Birkin0001.JPG
    Berlingot & Birkin0001.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 4,643
Pepper - I adore this bag! :love:
I saw a barenia and crinoline Birkin on eBay almost a year ago that I still think of to this day. I could die for not having won it. Photo below is the property of the eBayer, and the bag is property of some really, really lucky person.

Attachments

• crin.JPG
    crin.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 4,025
allanrvj, I have only had her since February so someone else has kept it very clean until now (though I am doing my best!) The back handle is actually darker than the one on the front, but I am ok with it. Had momentarily considered twillys, but I actually like how it looks - it's like you can stamp the bag with your own personality (or pursonality, as it were!) I think it will benefit from a good wash and conditioning and have the Hermes products.... Am working up the nerve to do it!

In any case, I know a lot of people are hesitant about barenia and how it marks - and it definitely does (though it's not as apparent in this picture). But ... that's one of the things I love about it. And the hand of the leather is amazing - quite something to touch!

oh wow, mistikat! it's so beautiful! but how did you keep it so clean? after 10 years, the handles should have been darker right? you don't use it often?

allanrvj, I have only had her since February so someone else has kept it very clean until now (though I am doing my best!) The back handle is actually darker than the one on the front, but I am ok with it. Had momentarily considered twillys, but I actually like how it looks - it's like you can stamp the bag with your own personality (or pursonality, as it were!) I think it will benefit from a good wash and conditioning and have the Hermes products.... Am working up the nerve to do it!

In any case, I know a lot of people are hesitant about barenia and how it marks - and it definitely does (though it's not as apparent in this picture). But ... that's one of the things I love about it. And the hand of the leather is amazing - quite something to touch!

one of the reasons I want barenia is that it scratches easily, and I like that. I don't want my bag to look so pristine. I'd love some stains here and there. plus, I love the colors of barenia, especially natural and ebene. lovely.

Reactions: novembermoon
Mistikat, have you thought about sending it in to Hermes for spa? I bought a barenia HAC recently that had just come back from spa and am delighted with what Hermes did to it. Then you don't have to do anything.

Reactions: peonies13
I may - but it will have to go to Paris and that will take months. So I have someone who has cleaned many barenia bags who is going to help me out. I think I'll start with the bottom panel first - no one will see it if I goof up and then I can just stop there! But I think it will go well when I finally get up the nerve!

Mistikat, have you thought about sending it in to Hermes for spa? I bought a barenia HAC recently that had just come back from spa and am delighted with what Hermes did to it. Then you don't have to do anything.