Ode to bags we miss

You are so sweet! I send my DH snaps I was finding of us from 10 years ago, he sent me these.... [emoji4] Can you believe you and I have been hanging around for so long!

0cd9f42f3b6ba665af8aff0fc5913319.jpg

I always feel on the cusp of my ideal collection. So these days my ideal collection would add a 25 barenia noir with PHW in a K or B; or a 25 or 28 K in togo, fjord, clemence or swift in noir with PHW; and a 24 C in GHW or PHW trench, sauge, origan, or something in that line of neutral.... How about you?

Debating rehoming a B 30 (not advertising!), and then I look at some of these pictures and think, will I want it back. It was a “consolation” against Rouge Vif which I pined for for 10 years after rehoming due to fear the bag was too beautiful and felt small. I ended up getting a gorgeous RV Kelly 25. As an Asian I feel like red is important [emoji4] and in my quest for RV and the decade or so since it started producing again, I cycled through two gorgeous Rouge Garrance 35s which were too big. I got the red B a few years ago, but she doesn’t see much light since I got the Kelly. I feel torn how to keep true to one in one out (I just got a wonderful 2002 in Vert Cypress)

Posting here so I can look dispassionately. I happen to like my collection right now but it isn’t perfect. Or is that a myth?

B35 - gone, not forgotten
daab5e2b0dd971f304415a58f9dac276.jpg

B30

495b7c51b51a2a89b798cb27627af243.jpg

K25 - my little jewel
8973f9cc3986332d88acb004343ff761.jpg

My HG list is a bleu iris 25 B in ostrich with GHW or a barenia fauve or miel nilo 25 B in PHW.
I adore that second outfit on you, and DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. THAT. BIRKIN 30! You will regret it, it is perfect on you, PERFECT I say!

Not to veer off topic, but I have been blessed to know @xiaoxiao IRL and she is truly beautiful both inside and out!!!

I have sold a number of bags and most of them I really don’t miss. I think there are certain aspects of some bags I miss (loved vache liegee but I hated the color, loved raisin but not clemence or w/PHW, etc). Most are like that.

There is one small bag I sold that I am still mentally trying to replace...maybe someday!

View attachment 4314806
Here is the only other bag I have ever rehomed, sent the bag away but kept the Sable! :biggrin: It was a surprise find a decade ago around Christmas and I recently found I wasn't carrying it as much as my Vison Croc Kelly. It has gone to a friend’s sister who lives in Tokyo and has always longed for a Kelly. She is totally happy and thus, so am I. Might go visit as well!

That sable...... is delicious!!! I would love to hang out in your closet. Don’t worry, I would only look, not touch. You are so slender.

You have amazing style. It’s so effortless, which to me, elevates the whole thing 10 fold. There’s nothing less attractive than someone who’s trying too hard!

I’ve been on a bit of a style transitional state for a while now, so I’ve been looking around for inspiration. Finding myself more attracted to effortless, sophisticated and more interesting pieces I wouldn’t have gone for in the past. More Celine, less mainstream, more experimenting.
I’ve been tired of wearing skinny jeans lately and I fished out of my closet a pair of early 2000’s, super low wasted, skinny leg boot cut, to the floor above your shoes jeans (remember those days? hehehehe). I paired them with a crisp white shirt, my RG CDC belt, sky high black suede espadrilles and it looked so rock n’roll. Not Britney Spears, but 70’s cool [emoji3]
I almost gave away this jeans; so glad I didn’t!!

By the way, great wish list which crosses over with mine [emoji1]

We need to team up in the search.... Are two better than one when it comes to H?

I love Phoebe Philo Celine. Call me a fuddy duddy, but not loving Hedi Slimane. Not rock and roll enough. Who knows though, maybe in my next decade I will go there - when I get my full head of silver hair vs. my sprinklings.

To stay on topic in my own thread!!!! Adding the bag that started my craving for a red B and to remind myself why I have one while I consider the fate of my red B

0d5970d059568a1552db85ba9429676f.jpg

Lol and I would have tried to take a pix of you! How funny that would have been. And did you know the lengthen technique has been available since the 90’s? The 90’s!!!! -_- anyway this is such a good thread, thanks for creating it! [emoji173]️

I always feel like I am going to get caught taking wildlife pix when I am in NYC.... and then get excited because it is a tPFer!

I did run into the lovely Kat99 in VCA a couple years ago. We were both on the same mission, which we both completed.

I don’t have photos of the one and only Hermes bag I’ve let go, but I can share the story, which would explain why it was a good decision. When I turned 50 (seven years ago), my husband wanted to purchase a really special H bag for me. He worked with my long-time SA, who called us one day before my d’day to say she had something really special for me to see at the store. I went down, fell in love, and came home with it. It was a So Black 35 cm Birkin. But I really wasn’t thinking about anything other than the fact that my beloved mother was in palliative care at that time, after an incredibly valiant 12 year battle with cancer. So on my actual birthday, I opened up the bag, and ate the gorgeous Birkin shaped cake my husband had ordered for me, and headed down to the hospice with the bag. That day, on my 50th birthday, was the last day my mother was able to communicate. My brother and I didn’t leave her side for the next 8 days, taking turns sleeping on a sofa in the hospice. That bag was there the entire time, and after that experience, I could not disassociate it with the saddest period of our lives. So off it went, and my husband completely understood. Hopefully its new owner is making much happier memories with it.
hclubfan, I am very sorry for your lost. Your husband sounds like a keeper!

Reactions: hclubfan
View attachment 4314806
Here is the only other bag I have ever rehomed, sent the bag away but kept the Sable! :biggrin: It was a surprise find a decade ago around Christmas and I recently found I wasn't carrying it as much as my Vison Croc Kelly. It has gone to a friend’s sister who lives in Tokyo and has always longed for a Kelly. She is totally happy and thus, so am I. Might go visit as well!

That sable is so beautiful on you, I died!!! It’s hard to look slim with sable but you managed it somehow. Simply stunning!

Reactions: Julide
I was in a juice bar the other day and thought myself, my coat is older than some of you people. Hehehehe

It can be great to be well-seasoned....

Lol this is so funny. I had a similar story back in July, when I went back for a quick visit, no kids, no husband. By myself!!! It was such a treat. I had a massive jet lag so at 9am on Sunday I was wondering aimlessly for a salon to get my hair fixed, and I walked into this spa. Those two girls said omg I love your dress!!! I told them; oh it’s so old.... Paused, leaned in and whispered, “VINTAGE target”. Hahahahaha. I swear those girls were horrified by my answe. But there you have it, yes. I do have clothes from target and they are VINTAGE!! :smile:

You are soooo kind! I am pretty influenced by peasant outfits, my ancients worked the rice fields - upgraded with brand names, natural fibers, architectual shapes, wide legged pants. LOL

My wish list is
1) 25/28 barenia noir with PHW - pipe dream - in either a B or K. Have watched for pre-loved for years, before they started producing Barenia again.
2) 24C in neutral, not gold or barenia
3) 25 or 28 kelly noir PHW in swift, evercolor, or something like that.... this is what needs a discussion... although again, not opposed to pre-loved.

And really I plan to be done after that. Hahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

That noir barenia sounds like a dream! I’ve seen 35 birkins around but not ever 25 or 28! Remember back in the days most bags were bigger? 32 or 35 kelly. Or 35 birkins? Nowadays of course it’s different. I remember seeing the SO list they have barenia (fauve) ans black on the list. I’m still kicking myself not ordering a bi-color barenia birkin while I still could.... in any case, so theoretically you could still SO your 28 noir barenia! Imagine that. Oh oh it would be amazing to have a sellier!!

xiaoxiao, you also make effortless cool look like a breeze :biggrin:
If I wore a fur coat, rubber soled boots and a Kelly, I would look like I got dressed in the dark, but you make it a look!! :clap:

Oh I am SURE plenty of people think I do get dressed in the dark. But then I guess I simply stop caring to look presentable nowadays, people might mistake that as “style”. Truth to be told it’s been difficult at a new place I hadn’t had the time to take care of myself as I would like to... maybe when I get older I will try to be elegant but right now, shabby “chic” I come!

Not to veer off topic, but I have been blessed to know @xiaoxiao IRL and she is truly beautiful both inside and out!!!

I have sold a number of bags and most of them I really don’t miss. I think there are certain aspects of some bags I miss (loved vache liegee but I hated the color, loved raisin but not clemence or w/PHW, etc). Most are like that.

There is one small bag I sold that I am still mentally trying to replace...maybe someday!

Awwww B, we have a looooong history together indeed. Remember the small deli next to H? We have to go back there for old times sake! But maybe see you in the summer in Europe??? Keep me posted dear.

I always feel like I am going to get caught taking wildlife pix when I am in NYC.... and then get excited because it is a tPFer!

I did run into the lovely Kat99 in VCA a couple years ago. We were both on the same mission, which we both completed.

Indeed the city is the best place to bump into fellow tpf’er!

That sable is so beautiful on you, I died!!! It’s hard to look slim with sable but you managed it somehow. Simply stunning!
You are too kind! I do realise fur really piles on the pounds! Dunno how people wear oversized, floor length. I know it is sought after and considered luxurious but it's tough to make it flatter. Back to topic, I think I fell for this jacket colour bec it matched my Vison Kelly. :heart:

Reactions: xiaoxiao