Obagi Skincare Line For Troubled Skin - Anyone Tried It With Good Results?

I have tried obagi twice and it did not work for me. I suffer from brown spots in my face so, my aesthetician suggested me to use this product. The first time I did not use it religiously. However, the second time I follow the entire regimen. And I saw improvement in my face after a lot of peeling and dryness. But after I finish with my treatment, the brown spots come back. I guess it all depends but for me was an expensive and painful treatment that let me now with more sensitivity to the sun and dryness.

Thanks guys :smile: I definitely feel fortunate that I started in the winter Sonoz. I could not have handled this in the summer either. Thank god I can pretty much work all day and see no one lol!!

HubbaWubba, I am forcing myself to stick with it because I've heard such great things. but it IS testing my will. :Push: My husband bought it for me after I begged lol so I can't quit anyway, he'll never let me forget it

:shame: <--- I kind of look like this today actually!!

I started last week......so I am very red and peeling too. My DF and I are doing it together and we call each other to secretly whine and commiserate. 2 of my other friends did it b4 and look great - so hang in there! We will be beautiful!!:graucho:

I'm on week 17 1/2 on the Nuderm. My skin looks great, more even toned, smoother, normal (I'm very oily), still red, minimal flaking at night. I went this alone (no doc), but when I went to the derm for cystic/hormonal acne, she said she was impressed that I was doing it. She said most people can't tolerate the redness and flaking but that that's the only way to transform our skin.

I'm thoroughly convinced that professional grade or cosmeceutical grade skin care is the only way to see benefits. Gentle cleanser, vitamin c, Rx retinoid, exfoliation, and high spf/ppd sunscreen are the best things for our skin. I'm 41 and fair and got acne for the first time ever two years ago.

I'm actually going to do 24 weeks on the Nuderm and then go on maintenance. I figure I've come this far what's a few more weeks. I really don't want to have to start from the beginning ever again so I plan to keep this up.

I just bought the kit and I'm going to try it... everyone I know who has used it, has raved about it.

I have no idea how much to mix of everything.. like I don't know how much a gram is, lol. can anyone help with the instructions?

The Obagi Nu-Derm system is a treatment with four easy steps. The chart below which will guide you on what products to be used in the morning and in the evening. The Obagi Nu-Derm booklet "Personal Guide to Skin Health" (instructions) will be included with every Gentle Cleanser Starter Kit and Foaming Gel Starter Kit.

STEP 1 - PREPARE: In this step, you cleanse and tone your skin to make it more receptive to the correction step. Wash your face with either the Obagi Gentle Cleanser or Foaming Gel, rinse with lukewarm water and gentle pat dry. Avoid rubbing the skin with a towel. Apply the Obagi Toner on a cotton ball or pad and apply to your entire face. Do not rinse.

STEP 2 - CORRECT: This step helps to repair the damage to the surface of the skin, correcting hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and smoothing skin roughness. Apply Obagi Clear (1/2 gram) evenly on the entire face, extending to the hairline and over the ears. Wait 2 minutes and apply a second coat over dark spots. Note: Patients with dark skin should use Obagi Clear on the entire face once a day, preferably in the morning, and apply at night only on the darkest areas. Apply Obagi Exfoderm (1/2 gram) or Exfoderm Forte (1/2 gram) evenly over the entire face, avoiding the eyelid area. All creams should be rubbed in gently until totally absorbed before proceeding to the next step.

Measuring: There is an easy way to measure ½ gram of Exfoderm, Blender or Obagi Clear products. Just use the lines of OBAGI on the front of these packages. The distance between OBA is exactly ½ gram.

STEP 3 - STIMULATE: This step helps to repair damage to the deeper layers of the skin. It restores skin elasticity by enhancing the production of collagen and elastin. Apply Obagi Blender (1/2 gram) mixed with 1/2 to 1 gram Tretinoin 0.025% to 0.05% (0.1% only for those tolerant to this higher dose). We recommend that customers new to the program start with a first tube of Tretinoin 0.025% before graduating to the 0.05%. Peeling and redness is normal and temporary. Skin may look temporarily worse from the use of Obagi Blender and Tretinoin until your skin builds a tolerance to the program. If peeling, irritation and redness persists, slow down your application of Obagi Blender and Tretinoin to every other night or every third night, and use Obagi Action or Tolereen as needed.

STEP 4 - PROTECT: This step further protects against damage from harmful UVA and UVB rays, as well as protecting the sensitive eye area. Apply Obagi Sunfader and Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35 in the morning under your makeup. Reapply often while in the sun. Physical UV Block SPF 32 may also be used. Note: Prolonged sun exposure should be avoided. Obagi Eye Cream is recommened for daily use to take care of the thin, wrinkled skin of the eyelids.

STEP 5 -- CONTROL: This moisturizing product helps alleviate the dryness or sensitivity that sometimes occurs at the beginning of treatment. As you continue the system, your skin will become healthier and in less need of control agents. Obagi Action should be used sparingly only when your skin is uncomfortably dry. Can be used to cut strength of Exfoderm. Apply Tolereen (a hydrocortisone lotion) whenever needed in the areas where you experience itching, burning, or redness. Note: Control agents should only be used temporarily and sparingly, as they slow down the skin restoration process.

MAINTENANCE PHASE: Once the desired results have been achieved, a maintenance program is described in the Obagi Nu-Derm booklet "Personal Guide to Skin Health."

This is the best thing you've done to your skin! your skin will look perfect by the end believe me! you wont need foundation at all! you will have baby perfect skin :smile:

I MUST have Obagi course once a year "during winter" because I have acne+open pores and in my case I need to peel off my skin so I bring new skin to the surface and enjoy perfect skin for the rest of the year :heart:

and as for the rest of year I use Kate Somerville