o-m-G

I would definitely go for the Chanel. I think you could find better quality pearls for a lower price elsewhere...they would definitely be fun to buy on a vacation to an exotic location!

I'd go for pearls. Not necessarily Tiffany pearls, but a beautiful pearl necklace with a lovely clasp. This piece will serve you well forever and will always remind you of your mother and your graduation. Over the years you will have many handbags, but that first strand of pearls is really meaningful and you wouldn't believe how much use you will get from them.
Just my own opinion. I still wear my 21st birthday pearls which I received from my grandparents in 1973. My bags from 1973? who knows what ever happened to them.
--Judy

Just my own opinion. I still wear my 21st birthday pearls which I received from my grandparents in 1973. My bags from 1973? who knows what ever happened to them.
--Judy
That's a very good point and I was thinking the same thing.

If you are going for a classic item that will really last, then the pearls will outlast a leather bag. You may not want to carry a 20 year old leather bag, but you will happily wear the pearls, since they don't get moldy and musty with time.

i'm not much of a jewelry person, and pearls don't seem to be an everyday item you could wear. just my opinion. i have a pst and love it. it's a great little everyday bag. :heart:

I love my PST, but for a graduation gift I think I would say to get the pearls. Someday you can give them to your daughter for her graduation..I don't know it seems more personal.