Nude or Tweed?

Oh, lovely, congratulations on a great decision. I was going to vote nude but it was all resolved before I finished reading the thread. I am sure you will enjoy your new bag - it looks fab!

OOOh it arrived and congrats Raz- I was going to dive in before i read the thread and say nude, but I see you've already decided! It's a stunner and I think much more of a neutral than the tweed.

Lovely pics! And congrats on making a decision - go with your heart, thats the only way! The nude is an amazing bag, and much more eye catching than the tweed. It will look fabulous with white linen and summery colours.

Late to this sorry but fwiw, I think you made the right decision. If we are going to spend £500 plus on a bag then it has to fill us with delight. The nude has stolen your heart and you would probably never have got the same buzz from the tweed had you kept it instead. If you avoid denim skirts, trousers and jackets then hopefully colour transfer should be kept to a minimum. I hope you have now sprayed your nude bag and that you are now out and about enjoying it! Let us know how you get on! Congratulations, it is an utterly showstopping bag xx

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments, I am really pleased I have finally stopped dithering around and made my mind up.
Aisu, I promised you some pics of the Tweed before I sent it back.
So here they are, not great quality though!!

Attachments

• PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 56
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 49
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 43
  • PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 48
It is nice raz but without doubt the nude is better. That one looked totally ace on you. It will be such a great bag, especially with summer clothes. Can imagine it looking amazing with white/cream cotton and lace.

Aisu - I don't know where you're based, but I'm going to return the tweed I bought on Selfridges online to the London store either later today or tomorrow morning, in case you want to snap it up!

emma is the tweed material quite thick? does is it feel more stiffer and as though it might hold the shape better than the soft buffalo lether do u think?..thanks am thinking about tweed to replace my dissapointment in oak soft buffalo alexa bought and returned in space of two hours...xx

Hi Samiyahk - in my opinion, if you thought the soft buffalo didn't hold its shape, the tweed won't be any better. The material is 100% cotton (woven) so it's not like the stiff, itchy material I think of when I think of tweed. I haven't got my soft buffalo Alexa with me ATM but I would say the tweed is more soft and flexible. It's an interesting twist for summer but definitely less structured IMHO. Perhaps Raz can also offer an opinion on this as she also spent some time with the tweed :smile:

The tweed seems the hardest of all Alexas to describe without seeing IRL, so if you get chance I would try and view a display model in store.

Hope this helps.