Novillo leather

To be clear, my wife would buy it immediately if the specs for the Birkin were something that she would be interested in. My wife doesn’t baby her bags so banging a bag against the car or a wall is not an uncommon occurrence. Also keep in mind that she uses her B35s for work as a briefcase so they’re constantly being used for a majority of the year. Novillo is much finer of a grain than her Togo bags, so it makes sense that wear shows more. She loves the smooth grain of it as it’s a completely different look than her other bags. Also, keep in mind, that according to Dumas “luxury is that which you can repair”. If the wear gets to a point where it becomes obvious, we will simply take it to H to repair for a minimal sum of money comparatively.

Here is a shot of the corner on one of her Togo Birkins and of her Novillo B. Only you can decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.

View attachment 5143857View attachment 5143858
I m very thankful for your reply. Your explanation and comparison pic of togo vs Novillo are indeed very helpful. Also your description on how your wife would use the bag are also helpful in my decision to weigh it out.

The scuffing on the blue Novillo Birkin does look pretty serious and delicate As I don't plan to use my B25 as a daily bag, I guess having it in Novillo is ok my usual lifestyle would more of shoulder carry bag.

Another good point to remember from you is that any scuffing can be repaired by H with a small sum of money. This give me a level of comfort with the leather. I have a bolide in swift and it didn't have any scuffing after few years, i m believer that H leather is of good quality even swift. Hence, Novillo should be even stronger.

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to join her Novillo club ✌️

@cravin Curious on your thoughts about Novillo - how you like it, wear & tear, etc. (I know there is a separate thread, but I think you have great perspective)

My wife loves how it took on the blue color. She uses it relatively regularly during the spring/summer as her work bag. Novillo is more delicate than Togo, and in the Novillo thread, I posted some pictures showing the more wear on the Novillo than her Togo B, but overall she loves the bag.

Reactions: KristinS
Does anyone have a Bleu Sapphire in Novillo? I have the same colour in an Epsom Kelly but I heard that the colour comes out differently in the Novillo.
Hi, I have a Blue Sapphire Bolide in Novillo. Were you able to get the info you were seeking since you posted your question? I notice there is a photo of a Bleu Saphir B posted in this thread that will provide a visual.

Reactions: nonotan
Could someone please let me know how much is the current price for a B25 and / or B30 in Novillo and it is rather a common leather (is it often offered compared to e. g. Epsom)? How is it compared to Epsom leather? Maybe someone made already some experiences with both leathers. Every feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for your message. This is clear to me however it would be great to know the current prices and how the leathers develops over time when you are in possession of both bags. I understood that Novillo is more common however I don't find much about Novillo but more about Epsom...

Thank you for your message. This is clear to me however it would be great to know the current prices and how the leathers develops over time when you are in possession of both bags. I understood that Novillo is more common however I don't find much about Novillo but more about Epsom...
Novillo is not common at all. In fact, it’s been many months since I’ve heard of a new offer of one. I personally wouldn’t compare it to Epsom at all either. Seems more like Evercolor or swift imo.