Novillo leather

1. I noticed the Toolbox now comes in a leather called Novillo. Does anyone have any experience with it or has seen it or own it? I would love to hear more about it as I contemplate the TB in that leather. TIA!

2. I think this is a new leather-I asked my SA about it and she said they haven't got swatches yet but she thinks it's like clemence and is a soft bull calf leather. The bolide will be also be coming in this leather later this year which is why I had asked about it.

3. Novillo if I'm not mistaken first debuted in the Victoria II sometime last year or perhaps late 2015? It has finer grains than Clemence, almost similar to Evercolour.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 12.31.18.png

I've seen it in person but it was a while ago, so I can't recall more details, I'm afraid.

lulilu, MYH, bagidiotic and 1 other person like this.
  4. Thank you princessmaggie and weN84. Both your replies are helpful! Thank you! If you come across any more info it is greatly appreciated. Am so curious what this leather is like now.

weN84 likes this.
  5. I bought a Geranium Victoria II in Novillo leather in 2015 when it first came out. Still BNIB sleeping in the box, therefore I am not able to share how the leather wears. It has a beautiful sheen and the leather has smaller and flatter grain compared to Togo or Clemence. I think it is also lighter than Togo and Clemence.

https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?posts/29959294

lulilu likes this.
  6. From Wikipedia:

"In Spanish, the word is "novillo", referring to leather from animals less than three years old. Chickenskin, despite its name, is a form of calfskin made using the skin of unborn calves."