Novillo leather

I think this is a new leather-I asked my SA about it and she said they haven't got swatches yet but she thinks it's like clemence and is a soft bull calf leather. The bolide will be also be coming in this leather later this year which is why I had asked about it.

Novillo if I'm not mistaken first debuted in the Victoria II sometime last year or perhaps late 2015? It has finer grains than Clemence, almost similar to Evercolour.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 12.31.18.png

I've seen it in person but it was a while ago, so I can't recall more details, I'm afraid.

I think this is a new leather-I asked my SA about it and she said they haven't got swatches yet but she thinks it's like clemence and is a soft bull calf leather. The bolide will be also be coming in this leather later this year which is why I had asked about it.

Novillo if I'm not mistaken first debuted in the Victoria II sometime last year or perhaps late 2015? It has finer grains than Clemence, almost similar to Evercolour.

View attachment 3674013

I've seen it in person but it was a while ago, so I can't recall more details, I'm afraid.

Thank you princessmaggie and weN84. Both your replies are helpful! Thank you! If you come across any more info it is greatly appreciated. Am so curious what this leather is like now.

Reactions: Meta
From Wikipedia:

"In Spanish, the word is "novillo", referring to leather from animals less than three years old. Chickenskin, despite its name, is a form of calfskin made using the skin of unborn calves."

I have just dicovered this new leather as I have been offered a bag in it, does anyone know if it's a stamped leather (like Epsom)? I would appreciate any info anyone has of it. Thanks in advance:heart:

I have just dicovered this new leather as I have been offered a bag in it, does anyone know if it's a stamped leather (like Epsom)? I would appreciate any info anyone has of it. Thanks in advance:heart:

I went to see the TB in Novillo. It's been awhile so pardon if my memory is not accurate. The leather seemed a lot like evercolor, a small pebbled leather. Not stiff and not slouchy but somewhat soft. Suitable leathers for TB and Victoria etc. Sorry, that's the best I can recall.

I really know nothing about this leather other than what I found on Madison Avenue Couture, but I did see the Bolide 1923 in this leather at my home store last weekend. I adore it. It has a slight grainy feel but is also smooth and soft to the touch. It was very stiff as well, which I loved. It seemed like the medium sized bolide would never slouch. I liked the leather so much that I may buy that bag even though I’ve never considered it for my collection. I will have to wait for the right color to come along. I think it would be the perfect everyday bag due to the leather.

I really know nothing about this leather other thawhat I found on Madison Avenue Couturen
, but I did see the Bolide 1923 in this leather at my home store last weekend. I adore it. It has a slight grainy feel but is also smooth and soft to the touch. It was very stiff as well, which I loved. It seemed like the medium sized bolide would never slouch. I liked the leather so much that I may buy that bag even though I’ve never considered it for my collection. I will have to wait for the right color to come along. I think it would be the perfect everyday bag due to the leather.
I really know nothing about this leather other than what I found on Madison Avenue Couture, but I did see the Bolide 1923 in this leather at my home store last weekend. I adore it. It has a slight grainy feel but is also smooth and soft to the touch. It was very stiff as well, which I loved. It seemed like the medium sized bolide would never slouch. I liked the leather so much that I may buy that bag even though I’ve never considered it for my collection. I will have to wait for the right color to come along. I think it would be the perfect everyday bag due to the leather.

I have also read Madison Avenue Couture's description and I don't agree with what they say about Novillo being more rigid than both Togo and Clemence. I was shown a Birkin in Novillo the other day and it's stiffness is half way between Togo and Clemence, softer than Togo and stiffer than Clemence. Also a softish hand feel......I was very positively impressed. Considering that, until now, H has made mainly Toolboxes and Victorias with this leather, it proves that it's not a rigid leather since these bags are both unstructured. My SA is holding it for me for a few days as I wanted to find out more about it before taking the plunge.