Not so good Experience with Dr Lee Dong Chan/ Dr Seo / Dr Bae at DA

I totally get it, it must have been really hard… I think also the fact that I came on this trip alone and didn’t have any mental support was hard. Do you maybe want to exchange kko I think it would be easier to talk? But yeah basically i wanted a very natural rhinoplasty to enhance my nose but the doctor made my nose tip way too high and the nose bridge was also too high and unnatural. Also the silicone implant borders were too visible and it bothered me so much. So I went to another hospital that accepted to remove early the implant and nose tip but it’s not my old nose anymore… It has become kinda similar but way to short and upturned so i want to lengthen my nose in 4 months.
Omg same type of ordeal. I was alone and after the surgery it leaves me really crippled with time, money, and with the fact that i had to do revision.

Unfortunately i dont really use kakao talk as it has been giving me anxiety as of late. You can always dm me here. I open this website every now and then.

Omg same type of ordeal. I was alone and after the surgery it leaves me really crippled with time, money, and with the fact that i had to do revision.

Unfortunately i dont really use kakao talk as it has been giving me anxiety as of late. You can always dm me here. I open this website every now and then.
No worries ! i understand, be strong and don’t hesitate to tell me if you need to talk !

No worries ! i understand, be strong and don’t hesitate to tell me if you need to talk !
I felt so tired there are days where i feel "okay i think revisions will fix this" and there are days where it is "ehm why did i even do this? I am now practically a frankenstein". Why am i the one feeling of self-blame and guilt when i am botched

I'm sure you already heard this before but try to take your mind off things and please take care of yourself (mentally, emotionally, physically...). If you need anything you can dm me, whatever you need! Although you are unhappy with your results, you are worth more than what you look like. I hope that everything turns out ok, if not that you can get the revision you want.

I felt so tired there are days where i feel "okay i think revisions will fix this" and there are days where it is "ehm why did i even do this? I am now practically a frankenstein". Why am i the one feeling of self-blame and guilt when i am botched
I get it, it can be really tiring. one day you feel like it’s not the end of the world, and other days you just break down.. What helped a little is to keep my mind occupied and I try to not look at old pictures. It’s hard but it helps a little i guess

Hi All,
I had couple of surgeries before covid in korea. Hav done 3x zygoma reduction, my cheek is flat but its not that overly flat until I had bucca fats removed from my cheeks...now my mid face/ cheeks is very flat. Regret doing the bucca fats removal actually.. when i looked back my past photos and current, I seems to look better before the removal op :sad:
Does anyone have cheeks implant done with DA or other hospitals? Mind sharing ur experience with them?
Thank you very much

Hi All,
I had couple of surgeries before covid in korea. Hav done 3x zygoma reduction, my cheek is flat but its not that overly flat until I had bucca fats removed from my cheeks...now my mid face/ cheeks is very flat. Regret doing the bucca fats removal actually.. when i looked back my past photos and current, I seems to look better before the removal op :sad:
Does anyone have cheeks implant done with DA or other hospitals? Mind sharing ur experience with them?
Thank you very much
Sorry to hear that. Anyone who actively offers Buccal Fat Removal is unethical. Zygoma reduction, in my mind, is also equally bad in ur case. Did u experience any sagging?

For implants, i advise you to go to Soda PS (offer silicone, medpore), The Plus (silicone), 2yd, H Plastic Surgery.

Also, my friend is looking to go to outside korea for implant. You can dm me for details.
Alternatively, you can try fat graft.

I'm sure you already heard this before but try to take your mind off things and please take care of yourself (mentally, emotionally, physically...). If you need anything you can dm me, whatever you need! Although you are unhappy with your results, you are worth more than what you look like. I hope that everything turns out ok, if not that you can get the revision you want.
Thanks. It is very difficult. But i will try

I am waking up to nightmares. I cant sleep lately

Last edited:
Reactions: Surgeryprincess
Sorry to hear that. Anyone who actively offers Buccal Fat Removal is unethical. Zygoma reduction, in my mind, is also equally bad in ur case. Did u experience any sagging?

For implants, i advise you to go to Soda PS (offer silicone, medpore), The Plus (silicone), 2yd, H Plastic Surgery.

Also, my friend is looking to go to outside korea for implant. You can dm me for details.
Alternatively, you can try fat graft.

Thanks. It is very difficult. But i will try

I am waking up to nightmares. I cant sleep lately
Yes. SOBS.
My lower cheeks becoming meaty/ sagged = Makes my overall face look flat
Before the removal wasn't like this.... so now I'm back again to find solution. Like nv ending sigh~

Hey. I think while i cant say bad things about Dr Lee and Dr Seo (just yet), i think the face lipo was done a bit excessively. Idk that is just how I feel. And tbh i no longer recommend face lipo because the fat loss there is permanent
Oh wait that's the first time I heard about lipo results being permanent.. because I'm looking into body lipo and everyone says the fat will come back if I don't exercise/diet. Was it at least worth the price though, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a bbl and liposuction removes some of the fat cells so your remaining fat cells can still expand when you gain weight or become smaller when you lose weight- (cause the surgeon can’t remove everything otherwise you will be left with skin, muscle and bone. Some fat is necessary to maintain in most liposuction cases because if done too aggressive it can leave adverse affects as such as saggy skin on the body or gaunt facial appearance on the face.

Technically liposuction is permanent because the fat cells do not grow back once they are removed. The only thing that changes is the size of the remaining fat cells.

When getting lipo, I was told that I had to be as close to my goal weight as possible in order to maintain my results!

Hope that makes sense? Haha

Reactions: nuface
I have a bbl and liposuction removes some of the fat cells so your remaining fat cells can still expand when you gain weight or become smaller when you lose weight- (cause the surgeon can’t remove everything otherwise you will be left with skin, muscle and bone. Some fat is necessary to maintain in most liposuction cases because if done too aggressive it can leave adverse affects as such as saggy skin on the body or gaunt facial appearance on the face.

Technically liposuction is permanent because the fat cells do not grow back once they are removed. The only thing that changes is the size of the remaining fat cells.

When getting lipo, I was told that I had to be as close to my goal weight as possible in order to maintain my results!

Hope that makes sense? Haha
Yeah this describes it
Oh wait that's the first time I heard about lipo results being permanent.. because I'm looking into body lipo and everyone says the fat will come back if I don't exercise/diet. Was it at least worth the price though, if you don't mind me asking?
Not at all. I even have to pay more to do revision later.

Hey whazzup guys!

I am on my week 3 post op and
I would like to share my experiences having 2-point FC (zygoma and jaw), rhinoplasty, and mini lift at DA.

Let's be honest... before I head to South Korea, DA is not really one of my top priorities (due to it being an alleged factory and all of that). However, after consulting with several different major clinics, I felt that DA (especially Dr Lee Dong Chan and Dr Seo) vibe the best with me. Please take note that I still cannot see my result 100% since I am on my way to Day-21, so I am sharing my experience as it is (and as honest as I could)

First of all, i would like to express my biggest gratitude to Brian
. To be honest, i would not make it this far without the help of Brian. Being a worrywart that I am, I keep bugging him and asking him questions (even till today when I came back to my home country). He has been nothing but a patient brother to me. He would at time deliver harsh truth- but that honesty is needed. I feel like we are on our journey together from the day we have our 1st consultation (from other clinics). He even remembered my main concern enough until he can regurgitate it better than me and he also asked for me when i forgot them lol. He would pinpoint subtle and non-verbal cues that otherwise being left out by me. He is also very helpful in streamlining the decision making. It goes without saying that Brian got me a relatively good deal. All in all, I feel like I got my best experience with him. Thanks for sticking with me on my ups-and-down, even when he doesnt need to i recommend everyone to use him even if the doctors speak english because he is more than a mere translator: he is my negotiator, middleman, a good frien to discuss with. For that i would love to call him as he is my advocate/representative haha.

Review of the Doctors
Dr Lee Dong Chan / FC
: during consultation and post surgeries, i felt like that he is the one who listens the most among all of the FC doctors I met. He pinpointed about some details that are left out by other doctors. In terms of the zygoma reduction, i am glad that he did not over do it (conservative but still visible enough) so I am more than grateful for that. Based on the CT scan, i can say that he did not excessively my jaw (which is my biggest worry). However, due to the swelling, my jaw does look a little bit tinier compared to my midface area, although it is getting better proportionate wise as this the swelling subsides.

Dr Seo/ nose: to be honest, i met a lot of equally excellent rhino surgeons. But Dr Seo was extremely kind and detailed during her first visit. She also noted that I have some deviation, very low bridge, and bulbous nose. this was agreed upon with other doctors that I have consulted. She then drew my face on a paper, touch on me, and give opinions on what nose shape would match me the best. She remarked that longer nose would make my face look older, so she designed my nose in a way that it is higher but does not look longer. Incision wise, i like that the scar is minimal although it is visible (pinkish white) when u take photo. But to naked eye, it is not that visible.

Dr Bae: i also did minilift. The doctor addresses my concern sufficiently and reassures that I wont lose my dimples lol. He is kind and charming, although he talked fast so sometimes it feels like he is rushing.. but he is nonetheless patient enough to answer questions for me.

Post-op care: The post-op care was great. I manage to get deswelling treatment (laser/o2 chamber) almost every day (with exception of lunar new year and Sundays). Several nurses take care of my stitches: some of them are more friendlier than the others. But in general, they are excellent (thanks to Zaya and Brian!). I met the doctors 3 times after the surgery. Dr Seo went on to fixate my tip to ensure the silicone doesnt shift after my concern about it. She was among the most caring and personalized doctors I have met. Dr Lee and Dr Bae were also kind enough to answer all my concerns (repeatedly haha).

Hospitalization Experience: i have heard horror stories about hospitalization experience on DA. Upon experiencing it, i do agree that their hospitalization is not their strong suit. Perhaps, it is because of the peak season.. I felt the nurses are kinda distant and not as attentive as they could have been. There are a lot of room for improvement in the hospitalization department. Good thing is that Dr Lee Dong Chan personally see the patients in the morning to check on the result.

Bonus tidbit: Zaya
I know DA is notorious for their underwhelming post-op experiences, but I am glad that Zaya is there (along with Brian) to ensure I get the best post-op care that I get. From arranging deswelling treatments everyday to communicating my concerns indirectly and directly to the doctors, I felt like Zaya (along with Brian of course) has been the primary reason why I am lucky to get a good post-op from DA. She is also always there with me, mentally and physically. And i can feel she cares about us. Now, i have at times gotten help from other translators/consultants. However, zaya is the most personable and detailed out of them all. If you decide to do something at DA, do request her lol (really she is an angel compared to the other consultants). She goes extra length just to help me, answering even the stupidest questions haha.

All in all, i am fortunate to have a quite smooth surgery recovery (thanks to Brian, Zaya, and Dr Lee, Dr Seo, and Dr Bae!!). Ngl, I cant say I am satisified 100% yet (perhaps 70%?) - we will have to see the final result for that. Plastic surgery is a wild ride: sometimes u feel u are at the top, sometimes u feel at the bottom of it.

There are several concerns that can only be addressed with time. But Brian and Zaya have reassured me that they will be there for me when those issues have yet to be resolved when the swelling has subsided. And i trust them because they have been nothing but very resourceful, reliable and ethical throughout the journey.

Let's hope we all get the results that we want (after tons of deswelling), regardless of where we all decide to have the procedures done

Also, here is a tip:
Try use an editing app to see roughly how your face would turn up
Who did you have your nose done with ?