Not so good Experience with Dr Lee Dong Chan/ Dr Seo / Dr Bae at DA

babyfaced

Jan 19, 2023
Hey whazzup guys!

I am on my week 3 post op and
I would like to share my experiences having 2-point FC (zygoma and jaw), rhinoplasty, and mini lift at DA.

Let's be honest... before I head to South Korea, DA is not really one of my top priorities (due to it being an alleged factory and all of that). However, after consulting with several different major clinics, I felt that DA (especially Dr Lee Dong Chan and Dr Seo) vibe the best with me. Please take note that I still cannot see my result 100% since I am on my way to Day-21, so I am sharing my experience as it is (and as honest as I could)

First of all, i would like to express my biggest gratitude to Brian
. To be honest, i would not make it this far without the help of Brian. Being a worrywart that I am, I keep bugging him and asking him questions (even till today when I came back to my home country). He has been nothing but a patient brother to me. He would at time deliver harsh truth- but that honesty is needed. I feel like we are on our journey together from the day we have our 1st consultation (from other clinics). He even remembered my main concern enough until he can regurgitate it better than me and he also asked for me when i forgot them lol. He would pinpoint subtle and non-verbal cues that otherwise being left out by me. He is also very helpful in streamlining the decision making. It goes without saying that Brian got me a relatively good deal. All in all, I feel like I got my best experience with him. Thanks for sticking with me on my ups-and-down, even when he doesnt need to i recommend everyone to use him even if the doctors speak english because he is more than a mere translator: he is my negotiator, middleman, a good frien to discuss with. For that i would love to call him as he is my advocate/representative haha.

Review of the Doctors
Dr Lee Dong Chan / FC
: during consultation and post surgeries, i felt like that he is the one who listens the most among all of the FC doctors I met. He pinpointed about some details that are left out by other doctors. In terms of the zygoma reduction, i am glad that he did not over do it (conservative but still visible enough) so I am more than grateful for that. Based on the CT scan, i can say that he did not excessively my jaw (which is my biggest worry). However, due to the swelling, my jaw does look a little bit tinier compared to my midface area, although it is getting better proportionate wise as this the swelling subsides.

Dr Seo/ nose: to be honest, i met a lot of equally excellent rhino surgeons. But Dr Seo was extremely kind and detailed during her first visit. She also noted that I have some deviation, very low bridge, and bulbous nose. this was agreed upon with other doctors that I have consulted. She then drew my face on a paper, touch on me, and give opinions on what nose shape would match me the best. She remarked that longer nose would make my face look older, so she designed my nose in a way that it is higher but does not look longer. Incision wise, i like that the scar is minimal although it is visible (pinkish white) when u take photo. But to naked eye, it is not that visible.

Dr Bae: i also did minilift. The doctor addresses my concern sufficiently and reassures that I wont lose my dimples lol. He is kind and charming, although he talked fast so sometimes it feels like he is rushing.. but he is nonetheless patient enough to answer questions for me.

Post-op care: The post-op care was great. I manage to get deswelling treatment (laser/o2 chamber) almost every day (with exception of lunar new year and Sundays). Several nurses take care of my stitches: some of them are more friendlier than the others. But in general, they are excellent (thanks to Zaya and Brian!). I met the doctors 3 times after the surgery. Dr Seo went on to fixate my tip to ensure the silicone doesnt shift after my concern about it. She was among the most caring and personalized doctors I have met. Dr Lee and Dr Bae were also kind enough to answer all my concerns (repeatedly haha).

Hospitalization Experience: i have heard horror stories about hospitalization experience on DA. Upon experiencing it, i do agree that their hospitalization is not their strong suit. Perhaps, it is because of the peak season.. I felt the nurses are kinda distant and not as attentive as they could have been. There are a lot of room for improvement in the hospitalization department. Good thing is that Dr Lee Dong Chan personally see the patients in the morning to check on the result.

Bonus tidbit: Zaya
I know DA is notorious for their underwhelming post-op experiences, but I am glad that Zaya is there (along with Brian) to ensure I get the best post-op care that I get. From arranging deswelling treatments everyday to communicating my concerns indirectly and directly to the doctors, I felt like Zaya (along with Brian of course) has been the primary reason why I am lucky to get a good post-op from DA. She is also always there with me, mentally and physically. And i can feel she cares about us. Now, i have at times gotten help from other translators/consultants. However, zaya is the most personable and detailed out of them all. If you decide to do something at DA, do request her lol (really she is an angel compared to the other consultants). She goes extra length just to help me, answering even the stupidest questions haha.

All in all, i am fortunate to have a quite smooth surgery recovery (thanks to Brian, Zaya, and Dr Lee, Dr Seo, and Dr Bae!!). Ngl, I cant say I am satisified 100% yet (perhaps 70%?) - we will have to see the final result for that. Plastic surgery is a wild ride: sometimes u feel u are at the top, sometimes u feel at the bottom of it.

There are several concerns that can only be addressed with time. But Brian and Zaya have reassured me that they will be there for me when those issues have yet to be resolved when the swelling has subsided. And i trust them because they have been nothing but very resourceful, reliable and ethical throughout the journey.

Let's hope we all get the results that we want (after tons of deswelling), regardless of where we all decide to have the procedures done

Also, here is a tip:
Try use an editing app to see roughly how your face would turn up

Last edited:
Reactions: matchagreen
Hey whazzup guys!

I am on my week 3 post op and
I would like to share my experiences having 2-point FC (zygoma and jaw), rhinoplasty, and mini lift at DA.

Let's be honest... before I head to South Korea, DA is not really one of my top priorities (due to it being an alleged factory and all of that). However, after consulting with several different major clinics, I felt that DA (especially Dr Lee Dong Chan and Dr Seo) vibe the best with me. Please take note that I still cannot see my result 100% since I am on my way to Day-21, so I am sharing my experience as it is (and as honest as I could)

First of all, i would like to express my biggest gratitude to Brian
. To be honest, i would not make it this far without the help of Brian. Being a worrywart that I am, I keep bugging him and asking him questions (even till today when I came back to my home country). He has been nothing but a patient brother to me. He would at time deliver harsh truth- but that honesty is needed. I feel like we are on our journey together from the day we have our 1st consultation (from other clinics). He even remembered my main concern enough until he can regurgitate it better than me and he also asked for me when i forgot them lol. He would pinpoint subtle and non-verbal cues that otherwise being left out by me. He is also very helpful in streamlining the decision making. It goes without saying that Brian got me a relatively good deal. All in all, I feel like I got my best experience with him. Thanks for sticking with me on my ups-and-down, even when he doesnt need to i recommend everyone to use him even if the doctors speak english because he is more than a mere translator: he is my negotiator, middleman, a good frien to discuss with. For that i would love to call him as he is my advocate/representative haha.

Review of the Doctors
Dr Lee Dong Chan / FC
: during consultation and post surgeries, i felt like that he is the one who listens the most among all of the FC doctors I met. He pinpointed about some details that are left out by other doctors. In terms of the zygoma reduction, i am glad that he did not over do it (conservative but still visible enough) so I am more than grateful for that. Based on the CT scan, i can say that he did not excessively my jaw (which is my biggest worry). However, due to the swelling, my jaw does look a little bit tinier compared to my midface area, although it is getting better proportionate wise as this the swelling subsides.

Dr Seo/ nose: to be honest, i met a lot of equally excellent rhino surgeons. But Dr Seo was extremely kind and detailed during her first visit. She also noted that I have some deviation, very low bridge, and bulbous nose. this was agreed upon with other doctors that I have consulted. She then drew my face on a paper, touch on me, and give opinions on what nose shape would match me the best. She remarked that longer nose would make my face look older, so she designed my nose in a way that it is higher but does not look longer. Incision wise, i like that the scar is minimal although it is visible (pinkish white) when u take photo. But to naked eye, it is not that visible.

Dr Bae: i also did minilift. The doctor addresses my concern sufficiently and reassures that I wont lose my dimples lol. He is kind and charming, although he talked fast so sometimes it feels like he is rushing.. but he is nonetheless patient enough to answer questions for me.

Post-op care: The post-op care was great. I manage to get deswelling treatment (laser/o2 chamber) almost every day (with exception of lunar new year and Sundays). Several nurses take care of my stitches: some of them are more friendlier than the others. But in general, they are excellent (thanks to Zaya and Brian!). I met the doctors 3 times after the surgery. Dr Seo went on to fixate my tip to ensure the silicone doesnt shift after my concern about it. She was among the most caring and personalized doctors I have met. Dr Lee and Dr Bae were also kind enough to answer all my concerns (repeatedly haha).

Hospitalization Experience: i have heard horror stories about hospitalization experience on DA. Upon experiencing it, i do agree that their hospitalization is not their strong suit. Perhaps, it is because of the peak season.. I felt the nurses are kinda distant and not as attentive as they could have been. There are a lot of room for improvement in the hospitalization department. Good thing is that Dr Lee Dong Chan personally see the patients in the morning to check on the result.

Bonus tidbit: Zaya
I know DA is notorious for their underwhelming post-op experiences, but I am glad that Zaya is there (along with Brian) to ensure I get the best post-op care that I get. From arranging deswelling treatments everyday to communicating my concerns indirectly and directly to the doctors, I felt like Zaya (along with Brian of course) has been the primary reason why I am lucky to get a good post-op from DA. She is also always there with me, mentally and physically. And i can feel she cares about us. Now, i have at times gotten help from other translators/consultants. However, zaya is the most personable and detailed out of them all. If you decide to do something at DA, do request her lol (really she is an angel compared to the other consultants). She goes extra length just to help me, answering even the stupidest questions haha.

All in all, i am fortunate to have a quite smooth surgery recovery (thanks to Brian, Zaya, and Dr Lee, Dr Seo, and Dr Bae!!). Ngl, I cant say I am satisified 100% yet (perhaps 70%?) - we will have to see the final result for that. Plastic surgery is a wild ride: sometimes u feel u are at the top, sometimes u feel at the bottom of it.

There are several concerns that can only be addressed with time. But Brian and Zaya have reassured me that they will be there for me when those issues have yet to be resolved when the swelling has subsided. And i trust them because they have been nothing but very resourceful, reliable and ethical throughout the journey.

Let's hope we all get the results that we want (after tons of deswelling), regardless of where we all decide to have the procedures done

Also, here is a tip:
Try use an editing app to see roughly how your face would turn up
Hi! Would you mind PM Brian's whatsapp? I'll be going alone and will need a translator. Your review is awesome and so helpful

Hi! Thank you for sharing your journey at DA, it’s been very informative! I’d like to ask about your current progress with the surgeries, to be specific, your facial contouring results? Are there any indications of overshaving or lopsidedness? Also, with your nose results, how do you like the design? I’ve gone through a few of Dr. Seo’s nose b&a pictures, and I find them to be a bit on the natural side, but at the same time, it’s hard to tell from pictures alone!

Hi! Thank you for sharing your journey at DA, it’s been very informative! I’d like to ask about your current progress with the surgeries, to be specific, your facial contouring results? Are there any indications of overshaving or lopsidedness? Also, with your nose results, how do you like the design? I’ve gone through a few of Dr. Seo’s nose b&a pictures, and I find them to be a bit on the natural side, but at the same time, it’s hard to tell from pictures alone!
Hi
There are no indications (or rather small chances?) of overshaving or lopsidedness - for now (i will keep u updated on that). I think however there are some over agressive facial lipo (done by Dr Bae) which improves bits by bits when i gain a lil weight.

For nose.. it is hard to tell because i have thick skin. From what i have gathered, it takes time to deswell. It can be from 6 months to 1 year. I like my side profile a lot, tbh. It is almost half curved half straight designed, more leaning towards straight.

The front view is a huge improvement (i guess) but it is not yet defined. I have just hit my 6 weeks. Heard it takes at least 3 months for thick skin

I am not sure whether Dr Seo is considered more to the natural. I would say in between natural and dolly? May i know why u said she is more to the natural side though? Just curious because everyone seems to have different definitions

Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: xop
I see, thank you for your reply!

Maybe it’s because I prefer more dramatic results (upturned nose tip, high bridge), that I found Dr. Seo’s b&a photos to look a bit more on the natural side (a lot of her “after” noses seem to have more of a straight profile, rather than a curve). This is just my personal opinion after looking through Babitalk reviews, so in real life, like you said, the results might actually be leaning more on the dolly side!

I see, thank you for your reply!

Maybe it’s because I prefer more dramatic results (upturned nose tip, high bridge), that I found Dr. Seo’s b&a photos to look a bit more on the natural side (a lot of her “after” noses seem to have more of a straight profile, rather than a curve). This is just my personal opinion after looking through Babitalk reviews, so in real life, like you said, the results might actually be leaning more on the dolly side!
I will keep u updated once it deswells fully

Hey. I think while i cant say bad things about Dr Lee and Dr Seo (just yet), i think the face lipo was done a bit excessively. Idk that is just how I feel. And tbh i no longer recommend face lipo because the fat loss there is permanent