Normal wear and tear? Please take a look!

Hey thedeathparade, I actually do not zip mine open/close. I purposely wanted a bag with a zipper, but I find I do not ever zip it HA! How old is your Tivoli? *sigh* I am wondering if I just did not notice it when I bought it. Maybe the glazing on that part was really thin, and I did not look close enough. If they give me an option to replace, I will DEFINITELY be looking over my bag more carefully just in case. She was my first bag, and I was hoping she would last me forever!

Mine is only a couple weeks old and it is the first bag I am paranoid about. I have seen from pictures that the top trim has a few potential problems with wrinkling and losing shape so I am been so careful even zipping it. I hope they repair it or replace it for you!

So just to update everyone on my situation. I took my bag in yesterday afternoon. My Tivoli is being sent off to be looked at by the warehouse repair guy (or girl?) The two ladies who were helping me said that they could not give me a definite answer since they are not trained in that area, but they think they will probably just replace all the leather on my bag. She said there were 3 options: 1... they will deem the bag not repairable and I will be given a replacement. 2... they will remove the leather and replace all of it. 3... they will deem it NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR (UGH!) and then send it back to me with no repairs. She said worst care scenario they will send it back. But she doubts it will be considered wear and tear since it is only 1 month old. She did say, however, that glazing is the first thing to wear off a bag, and it happens all the time where women come in with glazing problems. So I'm hoping they won't consider it normal if it happens all the time. Unfortunately for me, it will take at least 6-8 weeks to hear back from them. She said, maybe sooner. But typically 6-8 weeks. OMG! I have to go the rest of the year without my first LVoe! Thank goodness I have the Favorite to hold me over until then, lol. My husband got a little feisty with them, expressing his disappointment for a bag of such price. He explained how LV is supposed to have superior craftmanship, and it already is falling apart! UGH! I'm just nervously waiting around. I was hoping I would be lucky enough to get an instant replacement, but she said they wouldn't replace without getting their expert advice since my bag is not too bad. SO... here I sit playing the waiting game, which sucks bad! Until I hear word back, I am going to be anxious. Idk why it takes 6-8 weeks for them to look at my bag and make a decision? I understand there are lots and lots and lots of bags, but 2 months just to take a look at it? Wow! Praying (lol yes, praying) for a good outcome. If they send it back to me as normal wear and tear, unfortunately, my LVoe affair will come to an end, and I'll refuse to do further business with them. But I'm not going to speculate that! Fingers crossed for a good outcome. Everytime my phone rings, I may answer it as: yes, LV people? Hahaha! I'll keep you all posted.

Oh goodness. I was hoping they would just replace it for you then and there as well....hopefully it won't take 6-8 weeks for them to decide that it needs to be either replaced or repaired. And hopefully they will just replace it. I'm so sorry you are having this trouble...I'm sure it is very upsetting, but "surely" they will make it right for you SOON. :hugs:

UPDATE: So I received a call from the repair lady from my boutique in Atlanta at 8:30 AM! She apologized for calling so early, but of course, I was THRILLED to get that call (although, half awake haha!) She asked me if it would be all right if they exchanged my bag with a NEW bag. She said she wanted to make sure I didn't have a tie to my old bag (maybe sentimental reasons?) and she wanted to make sure I wanted to keep that same style. I said of course, since that was my fave style. So she said she would personally inspect my new bag very closely then send it out FedEx that very day!!!!! Since Atlanta is only 2 hours away, and she was sending it out first thing this AM, I'm hoping I'll get it by Friday!!! I'm so ecstatic right now (happy dance, happy dance!) I was worried they were going to take 8 weeks and then say sorry, can't fix it. I told myself if they didn't fix things, my LVoe affair with LV will end. Thankfully, they took care of it lol. I'm so happy customer service and everyone at my boutique were so friendly! Relieved. Now I can relax, wait for my NEW Tivoli to arrive, and keep adding to my wishlist lol. Thank you guys for keeping up with me!!

UPDATE: So I received a call from the repair lady from my boutique in Atlanta at 8:30 AM! She apologized for calling so early, but of course, I was THRILLED to get that call (although, half awake haha!) She asked me if it would be all right if they exchanged my bag with a NEW bag. She said she wanted to make sure I didn't have a tie to my old bag (maybe sentimental reasons?) and she wanted to make sure I wanted to keep that same style. I said of course, since that was my fave style. So she said she would personally inspect my new bag very closely then send it out FedEx that very day!!!!! Since Atlanta is only 2 hours away, and she was sending it out first thing this AM, I'm hoping I'll get it by Friday!!! I'm so ecstatic right now (happy dance, happy dance!) I was worried they were going to take 8 weeks and then say sorry, can't fix it. I told myself if they didn't fix things, my LVoe affair with LV will end. Thankfully, they took care of it lol. I'm so happy customer service and everyone at my boutique were so friendly! Relieved. Now I can relax, wait for my NEW Tivoli to arrive, and keep adding to my wishlist lol. Thank you guys for keeping up with me!!

Yaaayy!! I'm so glad they are giving you a new bag! I just love hearing stories with a happy LV customer service ending! It seems to happy less and less, so this is wonderful news!!