Nordtroms return policy

Nordstrom does allow people to return used items, but usually you must have the receipt or tags attached. However, whether you should return it is another issue. Personally, I have an issue with people returning used items. It's one thing if there is a defect, like if the zipper broke, but because it isn't the right proportion for you? That's something you should have determined before snipping all the tags off.

I am very much the shopaholic, and I am personally guilty of returning unworn items in my closet after some bit of time to Nordstrom - like 6 months or even a year, but that's fully within their policy and the items are always unworn and unused. If it's been worn, then I'm stuck with it.

I know, I have only returned items probably less than 10 times but those were stuff that I haven't used yet and decided it was not right for me. I would actually prefer to shop in a store that had stricter return policies so at least there's little chance that what im buying was used by other people.

It's great that Nordstrom has a great return policy but what do they do with the items that people have returned? Sell them at the outlet?

I know Nordstrom will put back stuff on the sales floor if it's still new w/tag. I was just browsing at clothes in the BP section when I saw a couple of 'em had the return barcode sticker still on the tag... meaning someone had to have return it since they don't put that sticker on unless they're ringing up a purchase. This is probably standard at retail stores though.

Nordstrom has a Last Chance store outside Phoenix that actually sells some of the used items or items that had been altered and returned. I believe they consider this store to be thei NR outlet. I believe all sales are final there.

For example, they had a bin full of bras. All priced at $5.99. There were Chantelle, Le Mystere, and Wacoal. Some were worn :sad: but some were NWT. All were the same price.

DH found a Hugo Boss suit for $88. It looked new but when he went to try it on, he noticed that the inner thigh area was pilled, like someone had worn the pants and their thighs rubbed.

I'm not sure if the pricing is always like that, as I only visited the store once on vacation in Phoenix. I did score a pair of new Born sandals for $14.

Yes worn/used clothing goes to the outlet stores. I rarely return anything to Nordies but I love the piece of mind I have when shopping with them knowing if I buy something I never used I can just take it back with no trouble.

I returned a pair of Jimmy Choos and asked the SA what they do with used merchandise returns. Her answer:

1- Quality tries to refurb resalable items (NOT swimwear, underwear, hosiery) if only minor damage like a loose button, these go to the Rack
2- Sent to Last Chance store (only one I have heard of is in Phoenix AZ)
3- Sent back to manufacturer to be destroyed

Nordstrom has a Last Chance store outside Phoenix that actually sells some of the used items or items that had been altered and returned. I believe they consider this store to be thei NR outlet. I believe all sales are final there.

For example, they had a bin full of bras. All priced at $5.99. There were Chantelle, Le Mystere, and Wacoal. Some were worn :sad: but some were NWT. All were the same price.

DH found a Hugo Boss suit for $88. It looked new but when he went to try it on, he noticed that the inner thigh area was pilled, like someone had worn the pants and their thighs rubbed.

I'm not sure if the pricing is always like that, as I only visited the store once on vacation in Phoenix. I did score a pair of new Born sandals for $14.

I live in AZ most of the year and live fairly close to the Last Chance store. There used to be a second one in FL but they closed it so this is now the only one in the US. It is a true bargain basement. It's downstairs below a deserted Mervyns and is a mess! More than half the stuff has holes, rips or huge stains! You can find nice stuff (I have a pair of brand new Prada boots-$99, ferragamo sandals $69, R&R leather jacket $79 etc) but the finds are few and far between. There are TONS of ebayers there that you have to deal with and also lots of wierd hispanic men who shop there (probably ebayers or resalers). The store opens at 10 most days and people will start lining up outside about an hour before---every day! It's absolutely ridiculous! I used to shop there a lot since the deals were so great but grew tired of all the junk and ebayers. I did get to know a lot of the employees and they said anything damaged at Nords comes directly there and anything that doesn't sell at NR goes there. Also apparantly display shoes go there too. If you are ever in AZ it's worth a trip---definitely an experience. And if it weren't for Nords return policy this place wouldn't exist (nor would a chunk of my closet, lol)

i went to nordstrom rack recently and i think they changed their return policy?? the SA told everyone that was checking out that we had 30 days to return and needed tags (didnt specify if it had to be attached or not though)

I have noticed that all stores are changing and restricting their return policies recently. I assume it's a sign of the economy as well as a sign of the kind of retail theft/returning that you read about on these types of threads.

It's one thing if you paid a lot and got a defective product. It's quite another to make a return because you've stopped using or liking something. I am shocked to read people freely admitting these types of theft returns.

Can anyone let me know if you can return a Nordstrom purchase to the Rack? I just bought the Philosophy gift pack (the shower gel and body lotion for $17 including tax) for somebody's birthday but I realized that she'd appreciate a starbucks gift card more since she's a coffee addict especially at work. The reason I ask is because there's a Nordstrom Rack down the street from my work and the Nordstrom is quite a hike to walk and Ill have to walk like super fast to make it back in my lunch hour. I didn't open the gift pack or anything, I just changed my mind and this was purchased two days ago. I have the receipt too.

Can anyone let me know if you can return a Nordstrom purchase to the Rack? I just bought the Philosophy gift pack (the shower gel and body lotion for $17 including tax) for somebody's birthday but I realized that she'd appreciate a starbucks gift card more since she's a coffee addict especially at work. The reason I ask is because there's a Nordstrom Rack down the street from my work and the Nordstrom is quite a hike to walk and Ill have to walk like super fast to make it back in my lunch hour. I didn't open the gift pack or anything, I just changed my mind and this was purchased two days ago. I have the receipt too.

No you may not. NR will not take it. You have to take it back to Nordstrom.