Nordstroms Rack low on designer bags

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
The San Diego NR seems to be getting less designer bags lately. It seems like since they moved the dept several weeks ago the inventory is less and different. Hopefully this is just random but I haven't seen anything higher than a MBMJ there (and only one of those) for weeks.
They do have RM and there were a couple of Michael Kors collection bags.
Anyone have thoughts on this?

My NR is so disappointing. There's always a table of RMs that get a good amount of traffic..occasionally a couple MJs..but I've seen the same racks of Steve Maddens and Juicy Coutures for over a month now. I don't even bother to check most of the time anymore.

If you think the MV NR is bad the one at Plaza Bonita is horrible.

Since NM closed Last Call at Las Americas I was hoping to be able to get my cheap designer fix from the Rack. Ummmmm.......wrong! The Designer Shoe section consisted of Coach and Cole Haan and the like. While they are nice enough they aren't what I consider designer IYKWIM. And that was at MV! The handbag selection has been slim pickings for quite some time. :tdown:

I went to an NR about 2 months ago and they had Jimmy Choo and Marc Jacobs! Just a few of the refinished ones. I remember two years ago when they had Burberry and the like. But haven't seen those around in a while.

Huh, glad to see it's not only the NR's in my area. I used to be a regular at our area NR's and now it's just :tumbleweed:

I wonder where all the good bags are going?

Also, they are opening one about 1 mile from my home in the fall. It used to be the new openings got a lot of good merchandise so I am hoping it will happen.

thanks for that info....I had heard the new store was smaller and I figured they would have less designer merchandise. I won't waste a trip down there.
The one in San Marcos is out of the way for me. I went there a few times in the past when there was a Loehmann's next door (now closed). It wasn't so great either.

If you think the MV NR is bad the one at Plaza Bonita is horrible.

Since NM closed Last Call at Las Americas I was hoping to be able to get my cheap designer fix from the Rack. Ummmmm.......wrong! The Designer Shoe section consisted of Coach and Cole Haan and the like. While they are nice enough they aren't what I consider designer IYKWIM. And that was at MV! The handbag selection has been slim pickings for quite some time. :tdown:[/QUOTE

Agreed. I was so excited to get a rack and we get lots of Michael by MK bags, and Juicy bags, some Kate Spade. I was hoping for some Chloe and Marc Jacobs! :shrugs:
The shoes were an even worse story.
I haven't had a positive experience enough to go back and try again.