Nordstrom sent me an UGLY USED Paddy!!!!!

Kristie,

Nordies in Paramus NJ had a few Chocolate Paddys (the regular Paddy and the Loaf Paddy) on display last night (January 2nd). They all looked new to me.

I think because Nordies has such a liberal return policy, they just take anything back. I have also seen bags that looked really used, and how they are trying to resell them just makes me sick. That's really gross. But there are people who take advantage of this policy. I'm sure in the future this will change, then it will be tougher to return to Nordies.

ugh, what a terrible situation. I am so sorry. But hey, I can vouch with Rai. I was at Nordies in Paramus on December 28th and saw it. NEW.

oh i'm so sorry! i just cannot understand anyone could use a bag and then expect to be able to return it! how very selfish. :cursing: i hope they can find a new one for you soon. and nordstrom should cover all shipping costs, it's the very least they can do. paramus is a good lead! (and now you know we'll all be looking just in case)!

Have you guys heard this one....

I went to return a XMAS present (Marc Jacobs bag) to a Nordstrom store at Pentagon City (WITH ORIG. RECEIPT) and the lady told me that "I'll take it back this time" but because we don't carry it, you'll have to return it to the store it was purchased at.

IS THIS TRUE??????

Hell No! Nordstom returns anything, i swear iused to manage a dept. at Nordies and the reason they make you take it back to a store that it was purchased from is they dont want to take the hit for the return and not be able to sell the merch. plus they have to send it to a store that carries that brand and it counts as negative $/ inventory for thier dept/store.

Well, I took back the poor used and abused paddy and exchanged it for a sparkling NEW Paddington shoulder hobo in the new "Roche" color. It is soooo pretty! :yahoo: Does anyone know if Roche is close to Mousse?? I have never seen mousse IRL so I was wondering....

It's a great policy in concept to take "anything" back in returns. But it ruins it if Nordie's just resells the stuff as new and unused to an unsuspecting honest customer. They should at least reduce the cost and resell it for what it is. I had a similar experience in tracking down a scarce Chloe bag in another state. It arrived obviously battered and used. I returned it to my local store immediately, but I was the one greeted with suspicion. It totally pissed me off. When I got a used bag from NM online, at least they took it back with some grace. It was re-shipped to me exactly as it was returned-- wrapped in newspapers, with no dust bag or tissue or anything!!

Sadly, some people who fancy themselves super handbag obsessives are the worst offenders. They try out everything and then return, without the least hesitancy. I understand buying and regretting and returning. But the bag has to be unused. It seems to be getting too acceptable an idea for someone to use a bag a little, change her mind, then take it back and move on to the next new thing. Only if a bag is defective, and that is discovered after use, should it be returned. Then the store should not resell it.

oh i am so curious about the roche color! i haven't been able to see any pics yet. i'm afraid i'm going to love it. mousse is a sort of light to medium grey green shade...ha! that's a pretty confusing description i guess. anyway congrats to the happy ending!

Well, I took back the poor used and abused paddy and exchanged it for a sparkling NEW Paddington shoulder hobo in the new "Roche" color. It is soooo pretty! :yahoo: Does anyone know if Roche is close to Mousse?? I have never seen mousse IRL so I was wondering....

kristie...PLEASE post a picture of the Roche!!! :yes:

Glad to hear you managed to exchange!!!:yes:

Can't wait to see pics....if you want to see pics of the mousse for comparison, i posted a thread a while ago 'The dove has landed';)

Congrats!!

I don't think roche is at all close to the previous mousse color, each is very unique. The mousse was very mossy colored and I think the roche is more like the color of stone. Both very pretty tho :love: