Nordstrom Return Policy Thread!!

if the tags are still attached w/the barcode sticker, you can return it for store credit or cash. If you want cash, make it known to the SA before they start the return and have your ID ready.

They are much, much pickier lately. I had trouble returning for store credit w/o a receipt recently so I'd imagine cash back would be even more difficult. That said, depends on the SA you get. GL!

I've never had a problem returning for cash with the tag/sticker on it. Just say it was a gift and you want your cash back-they send you with a slip to the credit office to get your cash back.

At Nordstrom as long as you have proof of purchase (the tag or receipt) you can return for any tender - cash, gift card, or have the amount charged back to the card of your choice.

For cash your information will need to be entered into the register is all.

why not just let your sister have the items back to return and then write you a check for the amount as your gift.

nordies is so liberal they probably would do it.
i'd prefer store credit over asking for cash for things i didn't pay for, but i shop at nordies a lot and wouldn't have trouble spending the credit.

It used to be really easy to return at Nordstrom w/o the receipt, but they've gotten very strict lately.

I think you can still get cash, though, with an ID and the barcode sticker in MOST departments. In higher-end departments, like designer clothes or bags or shoes (brands like Chanel), I don't think they allow it.