Nordstrom interview- outfit help!

Make sure you know who is interviewing you, too. While Saavy is the most fashion-forward department, you don't want to scare off a corporate interviewer! The pencil skirt is great, and it sounds like you're on the right track with the cardigan. Good luck!

Hey sammydoll!! That outfit would work well, but you can try layering on a short sleeved bolero on top of the phillip lim top. And wear a large belt that covers those silver hoops on the LAMB skirt! I like the YSl ones!

Hey sammydoll:

I used to work at Nordstrom (yay, flagship!) and I can give you some tips. For starters, your outfit is cute but even during the normal work day you CANNOT wear sleeveless things. They insist on a full sleeve for all their employees. So definitely wear something over the top. Second, although it IS Savvy I think you are expected to dress business-professional. It was my first interview there as well and I checked their website AND called HR and both said to do so. So it is up to your discretion whether you think your outfit is appropriate or not.

Also, keep in mind that you will be interviewed by HR as well! I think there is usually a minimum of 2 interviews before you get an offer.

Good luck! Nordstrom is a fun place to work, though I didn't stay too long. I personally found so many things I disagreed with there.. but the discount is great. The people, for the most part, are so wonderful- it shocked me to have so many great co-workers. Savvy is my fav department:heart: too!

PM me if you need anything, doll!