Nordstrom Business Decisions lately

For us on TPF, we like Neiman Marcus but the reality is they are a troubled company looking for a buyer- compared to Nordstrom which is well run and consistently profitable (even though Nordstrom profitability is not on an upward trajectory right now).
I think there are too many dept stores and some of them need to go away. Macys for sure seems completely lost.

My family/friends and I have always preferred Nordstrom over NM however the last few years Nordstrom has went down hill and it's very apparent to those that have been loyal customers for decades. The anniversary sale is greatly less than stellar than what it was before, the quality of the merchandise is despicable, and them selling their credit account to a commercial bank was the nail in the coffin for me. NM is have financial issues as well however I give them credit in that they are staying true to their roots and maintaining their luxury appeal where as Nordstrom has been slowly drifting away from "luxury" for a few years now. It's pretty obvious Nordstrom has decided to move away from the luxury woman and it more focused on young adults & tweens and like TGRAM stated, there's only so much money mom & dad is going to give you. Now I prefer NM where I get the luxury experience a lady expects.

Good idea - the beauty deals are the best and those sell out quickly and don't go back on sale.
Yes. Thank you. The beauty deals are usually pretty good too. Additionally, I buy the Chantelle bras for my mom which usually go on sale in the style she likes the most. Plus, the neutrals are on sale, which never happens other than this sale.

Reactions: cmd28