Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

They have to restock for the public sale tomorrow. It would look so bad if people went to shop and they had nothing left in stock!! I can't believe they have the same inventory and delivery issues year after year. And now I'm hearing more and more that 1) quality issues are proliferating (unlined coats or subpar linings, almost immediate shedding or pilling, strange chemical smells); and 2) fewer designers are participating in this sale. I love Caslon, Halogen, and all the rest as much as the next person, but I really miss the steep discounts on non-made for sale designer items that made my heart palpitate in previous years.

I agree. Maybe they could ship my items from freakin ambassador day last week before they start sending out all those same items to general access folks. Arg.

Word. My Living Proof set is almost a week old and it is showing in stock now so I have no idea what kind of congressional resolution it will take for someone to pull it and send it to me but I wish they would get on it. And I hate reordering and returning because I used double points that first day.

One item that surprised me is this https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-cozy-sweatshirt/5200884.
90% of my closet is sweaters and sweatshirts I can throw over my Pilates clothes for errands and this fits the bill. It's not too thick and I love the longer in back for going over leggings. Also like the back pleat, it hangs well. It says size down but I ordered my regular size and it fits loose like the model.

Received a few more items yesterday!

Tommy John Air Stay Tucked Camisole in black, medium. Bought medium because that’s all they had in stock, and I think I’ll be keeping it. It’s semi-sheer and mesh-like, and seems pretty delicate. It says it’s machine washable but I will probably hand wash this (and I pretty much never hand wash clothes). As I’m writing this, and the more I think about it, the more I’m considering that maybe it should go back. It’s very lightweight and I think it would be great for summertime if you need a camisole under another shirt. Great length as well for me (I prefer longer shirts and camisoles). Medium is tight on me but not uncomfortably so. Only con is how delicate it feels, and my concern that I’ll end up snagging it with my nails or something.

Tommy John Second Skin Stay Tucked Camisole in maple (nude), medium. This is thicker but not completely opaque. Totally different fabric, feels more durable. Very soft. Great length like the air stay tucked camisole, same fit (tight but comfy). I wish I had this is black. When I ordered it, they only showed it in maple but now the pictures show black, so I may stalk and see if I can get black as well. Plan to keep this. I should add that this (and the other Tommy John camisole) has a pretty high neckline compared to some of my other camisoles (mostly Yummy tanks). I like this though, and it’s good to have something with more coverage. The length might be a dealbreaker for some people though, so if you don’t like long camis though you probably will not like these.

Commando Butter Camisole in dove, medium. I also ordered it in a large, which is good because the medium is definitely going back. This is super short! If the large isn’t substantially longer, it will also be going back. The fabric is nice and very soft and silky, but for the price...not sure it’s worth it.

Reactions: GlitterEyebags
They have to restock for the public sale tomorrow. It would look so bad if people went to shop and they had nothing left in stock!! I can't believe they have the same inventory and delivery issues year after year. And now I'm hearing more and more that 1) quality issues are proliferating (unlined coats or subpar linings, almost immediate shedding or pilling, strange chemical smells); and 2) fewer designers are participating in this sale. I love Caslon, Halogen, and all the rest as much as the next person, but I really miss the steep discounts on non-made for sale designer items that made my heart palpitate in previous years.

I wonder if they were expecting more returns by now but the shipping issues delayed that. So far the only items I've received were purchased in store or online by a wonderful SA. Everything else either got canceled or sat in purgatory for days and finally shipped yesterday. I'm waiting on some of those bigger cost items before I make my final returns decisions.

I've also noticed by items aren't being canceled as quickly today and last night. Maybe they're holding orders they can't fulfill yet until they restock tomorrow.

Reactions: jaschultze
Of the clothing I'm keeping the surprise win was these https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kut-from-the-kloth-donna-high-waist-ponte-skinny-pants-regular-petite/4944534?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=black. Bought the port wine and just bought the black. Feel great on and I'm hoping will be just the right amount of stretch and not too much to become baggy. My fingers are crossed but there are a good number of positive reviews.
I agree - I bought these as well in black and they look expensive for the price.

I agree they need to restock before tomorrow, but would also be mildly miffed if the gen public has better luck getting coveted items. What's the point of being a cardholder who spends several thousand/year if you order the first day of the sale and get cancellation emails instead of your items?

Was Trouve part of NAS last year? It's one of the better house brands but a search turns up odd see-through plastic purses and sheer kimonos. They used to have nice silk blouses and summer dresses. I have a leather front ponte sheath dress that's on par with Theory in quality... so sad that even paying a premium doesn't guarantee good quality long lasting merchandise anymore.

16 items have canceled with another 16 sold out that I haven’t received an email for yet. I ordered as Ambassador and ALL of it is in getting ready status. I’ve called three times and they just keep assuring me it’s fine. I’m pretty upset.
You have every right to be upset about this situation!

I had multiple orders and most of my stuff arrived. I have several items that didn't work out and I need to start sending things back. All of my orders were shipped and due to my current location, my only option is to ship back the returns. My question for people here is: can I send back items from different orders in one box or do they typically require a separate box for each shipment? I'd like to just combine all my returns, but I am worried it might somehow get messed up. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.