Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019

Happy Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 everyone!! This sale is a holiday in its own right and we know how much you all love it too!

When sharing your purchases or items you are looking at, please post a link to the item on Nordstrom's site in this thread. Not only does it let everyone easily check out the items you are looking at, but it helps us too as we are partners with Nordstrom. We're a small team and always appreciate the support, so if you are shopping online, we'd love for you to shop through our links.

GIVEAWAY ALERT: To celebrate the occasion, we are giving away EIGHT $200 Gift Cards to 8 different tPFers during the Anniversary Sale! Click here to find out how to enter. Good luck and happy shopping!

Support tPF and shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by using this link!

Tell me if I’m being irrational- I just went to Nordstrom to check the stuff out, I’m well aware I’m not ‘icon’ but I thought I could look. Well I was told I couldn’t even pick up a shoe to look at the price yet. The stuff is out in plain view. I’m beyond insulted. Is it legal to do that? I’ve shopped this sale since I was 16 and I’m 35 now. I honestly don’t know if I want to support this sale anymore.

Grrrr... That would make me furious too.! BUT don't let it spoil your fun if you enjoy the sale and comparing notes on the forum. Sometimes its just one SA who is new and doesn't understand how to bridge corporate policy and customer service. (In other words, look the other way when someone takes a look at a NAS item).

Reactions: Kikir84
I definitely remember pieces going on crazy sale a month after the NAS ended!

I didn't want to offend anyone with my blogger comment and I hope I didn't. I just personally have never seen a blogger who covered the NAS in such a way that made me go "wow!" I also think it's ridiculous that these bloggers get all these advantages/free clothes and don't have to spend a dime in return while so many of us on this forum play the waiting game, struggle to find a decent SA, or have to jump through hoops to get a price or point adjustment honored, though that's just really a symptom of blogger/influencer culture as a whole and not a NAS problem.
I know what you mean about bloggers and Youtubers. It’s especially a turn off when I see them with stacks and racks of clothing, and they make it methodical and impersonal, basically like a catalog...showing fit, shape, price, color etc. for dozens of similar items of clothing, sometimes they have so much stuff they go through categories, like “best of long cardigans” “short booties” etc. First of all, you’re no authority on “best of.” Second, we all know you didn’t spend your own money on any of this.

I do like when lesser known youtubers show what they spent their own money on, why they in particular wanted something, why it was special, how they are going to use it, etc.

I'm wondering which bloggers you all like to follow for the NAS? I really like The Mom Edit and all their try-ons - they are a little edgier and put together combinations of items I wouldn't necessarily think of myself. Also, Erin from Busbee Style.
I really like Maree at A Little Bit Etc. She selects just a few items and hasn’t great taste, and she’s very knowledgeable about skincare, her choices are always great. Fashion forward but not try-hard.

Is the smell similar to moth balls? I've noticed a few recent pairs where I cannot get this smell out no matter how much detergent and scent beads I use or how many times I wash them.
Yes! That's exactly what they smell like. I don't know if it's the dyeing process or if they're shipped from overseas packed in mothballs, but it's terrible and doesn't go away. I just returned an Everlane denim skirt for this reason.

Reactions: ssocialitex
I don’t like how some bloggers get everything for free, or get all of this stuff instead of shopping the sale like a real person. Dressing room try ins are one thing, but when you get a whole new wardrobe every two months basically just to take pictures in once, it’s a little much. I’d much rather see people spending their own money and adding a few pieces to their existing wardrobe, than people getting $15k worth of stuff they’ll never wear and just end up returning or selling.

Yes totally. My post is redundant to this. We’re all so disenchanted with “influencers” (not the credit card level, the bloggers). Also how insulting is that term anyway? Maybe it’s just me.

I will add I love watching the IG stories of shoppers who are independently wealthy (not bloggers) who just get to shop like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. It’s so fun to see their try ons. But they’re not trying to sell to us, so that’s the difference I think.
Oooh! this sounds right up my alley - any recommendations of accounts like this?

I'm wondering which bloggers you all like to follow for the NAS? I really like The Mom Edit and all their try-ons - they are a little edgier and put together combinations of items I wouldn't necessarily think of myself. Also, Erin from Busbee Style.

I like Erin as well. I also enjoy HotandFlashy... cant remember her name and Lizasz09 on YouTube. I think they all work with Nordstrom but I never feel they are trying to over sale it. Miss Louie can be fun...she gets a ton of stuff for the Nsale and tries it on with joy and excitement. I dont think she keeps it all though

I started shopping my Nordstrom a little after they opened today. I’m in a small market and the quantity of merchandise offered in my store is so disappointing. I thought last year was bad, but it was a really small sampling this year. That being said, they were able to order everything I wanted from other locations. Overall, I wasn’t super impressed. There weren’t any surprises at my location. They did have a boat load of the CZ earrings I missed out on last year.
But, I did like the wristband and it was super easy to check in. They only needed your phone number.

Ditto! I’m 20 weeks along, so this year’s sale has a different focus for me. I’m trying to avoid the “I hope it will fit later” shopping approach.
That was me last year. The stuff I bought hoping to fit later did not work out This year I’m all about finding things that fit me now, not my goal weight. Cause this baby belly is not coming off easily.
That being said, if they have the Zella maternity leggings on the sale this year buy them!!! They were the best when I was prego! Also, if u don’t have any, some high waisted leggings for post-baby body are a life saver those 1st few months!

Is it just me or is there no way to sort by best sellers for women???

upload_2019-7-9_13-13-46.pngupload_2019-7-9_13-14-9.png

W.T.F. There's only new arrivals. This is completely a "let's constantly show women new things so they buy more stuff" tactic. Is this how it's been for a while or an " anniversary special"? I feel like I remember looking at bestsellers previously. I don't know why but this is really irking me.

Reactions: Lisab68