Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

I really appreciate everyone’s reviews, comments, and try on pictures. Thought I would post some of my own pics (ignore any visible crazy munchkins in the background) and thoughts to help enable everyone’s shopping addictions. Any advice on what to keep and return would be much appreciated! For the record, I’m 5’6” and 140lbs (the last I checked, which was a long time ago, against my will). Sorry, I’m too lazy to post links.

Keeping
1. Halogen V-neck Tunic Tee: thicker Jersey/modal knit, split hem, great to wear with leggings. I would buy this at full price.
2. Caslon Rounded Scoop Neck: kind of thin, got it in pink, sort of looks like a Madewell tee
3. Zella Rhythm Sports Bra: runs really tight around the bottom, sized up and it’s still kind of snug, but I figure it would help remind me to keep good posture.
4. BlankNYC Meant to Be Moto with Removeable Hood (see picture): I’m a sucker for moto jackets and hoodies. Combined into one and it’s a no brainer. I order a small and it fits slim. I probably can’t wear a sweater under it, which is ok cause I live in California.
5. Billabong Forever Wild Wrap Dress (see picture): also a sucker for floral wrap dresses. Junior sizing. I got a small which is tight in the shoulders. I would size up but it’s sold out.
6. Adidas Trefoiled Tank (see picture): still a little conflicted about this as I’m not a big logo wearer, but it’s so darn cute and flattering.
7. Nadri cypher crawler earrings: edgy and classy. The crystals aren’t as brilliant as other Nadri items but still super cute and comfortable.
8. Beauty Assortment: MAC Nordy Girl Matte, Kopari set for gifts, simple human mirror.

Unsure
1. Longchamp expandable bag, Navy: first Longchamp. Is this really worth it for nylon? The leather handles feel stiff and unforgiving. The all leather Cuir, on the other hand, feels so soft and supple. Just worried about the upkeep and if it’s worth the $$$. Which one to get? Or both? Purseforum give me your insight. I own zero totes. I’m a crossbody girl through and through. Planning a trip to Italy next year too.
2. Topshop Long Open Front cardi (see picture): oversized, balloon sleeves, is it cozy lounge chic or just makes me look like a slob and fat? Hmm? Not sure.
3. Blank Noir Traveler Wrap Jacket (see picture): runs large, sleeves super long, feels like good quality. Not sure the drape is flattering on me though.
4. AG ripped jeans (see picture): comfortable, slimming, cute. I don’t smell the chemical smell, but are these $120 cuter than my old navy jeans (which definitely have the chemical smell)?

Returns
1. BP Tonya open toe mules (see picture): didn’t like the pink and felt they were too uncomfortable without enough support.
2. Eileen Fisher Skill Strappy Sandal: too expensive for what they are. Alternative cute options available.
3. BlankNYC cloud nine drape jacket: too much fabric in the front for me.
4. AG The Legging 12 yr Blue Dusk: medium dark wash jeans without distressing. Not as cute as the distressed ones. Crazy $$$.
5. Paige Corinth Star Print Dress: a little short for my bottom heavy frame to carry. Also, $$$.
6. RMS beauty glow set: I really want to try the Living luminizer as I hear amazing things, but it’s the dead of summer and my face is shiny already. So my wallet sings a sigh of relief to return this pricey set.
7. BP Raw Edge Tee: same as all the other people have stated, thin and scratchy.
8. Nike Sportswear Rally Jogger, Grey (see embarrassing picture): these are so comfortable you guys. But, they make my giant a$$ look giant x 1000. Maybe if I can get the black in stock, I will change my mind.
9. ASICS Gel Nimbus, mid grey (see picture): comfortable enough, cute, but still $$. Looking to probably get a pair of Mizunos as I find those more comfortable
10. Adidas Flashback Sneakers: tried these on in the store. Love Adidas cause they have a wide toe box, but these shoes looked weird. The white soles stick out comically far out the sides of the shoe. Basically, there’s what seems like a cm of sole visible from each side of the shoe when you look down at your foot. This is visible on the website pictures. Pass.
11. Trouve Hook and Eye Sweater Dress: does nothing for your boobs, shows every lump, the hook and eye is real and easily hooks and unhooks, but there is a length of black fabric running behind the hooks from the very top to your knees that actually holds the dress together.

D45F0C02-F7AF-480C-830D-2EBB78AD3976.jpeg 3A026682-B72A-4D13-B3A8-0263A6E2E076.jpeg ADE5EAAC-E002-4475-9D0F-F9A33F36E70C.jpeg 46BE96E7-380C-4CCA-BA2E-36CD4D7301DD.jpeg 26E178AE-F28E-44D4-A9C9-3DB1E66C317C.jpeg 5FAEE049-3509-406E-B62F-0B88CE29D49A.jpeg A3D29D4B-E2F0-49B6-AAD5-ABE8B2F8B1BD.jpeg

Thanks for sticking through this long post!

Hi All!

I really appreciate everyone’s reviews, comments, and try on pictures. Thought I would post some of my own pics (ignore any visible crazy munchkins in the background) and thoughts to help enable everyone’s shopping addictions. Any advice on what to keep and return would be much appreciated! For the record, I’m 5’6” and 140lbs (the last I checked, which was a long time ago, against my will). Sorry, I’m too lazy to post links.

Keeping
1. Halogen V-neck Tunic Tee: thicker Jersey/modal knit, split hem, great to wear with leggings. I would buy this at full price.
2. Caslon Rounded Scoop Neck: kind of thin, got it in pink, sort of looks like a Madewell tee
3. Zella Rhythm Sports Bra: runs really tight around the bottom, sized up and it’s still kind of snug, but I figure it would help remind me to keep good posture.
4. BlankNYC Meant to Be Moto with Removeable Hood (see picture): I’m a sucker for moto jackets and hoodies. Combined into one and it’s a no brainer. I order a small and it fits slim. I probably can’t wear a sweater under it, which is ok cause I live in California.
5. Billabong Forever Wild Wrap Dress (see picture): also a sucker for floral wrap dresses. Junior sizing. I got a small which is tight in the shoulders. I would size up but it’s sold out.
6. Adidas Trefoiled Tank (see picture): still a little conflicted about this as I’m not a big logo wearer, but it’s so darn cute and flattering.
7. Nadri cypher crawler earrings: edgy and classy. The crystals aren’t as brilliant as other Nadri items but still super cute and comfortable.
8. Beauty Assortment: MAC Nordy Girl Matte, Kopari set for gifts, simple human mirror.

Unsure
1. Longchamp expandable bag, Navy: first Longchamp. Is this really worth it for nylon? The leather handles feel stiff and unforgiving. The all leather Cuir, on the other hand, feels so soft and supple. Just worried about the upkeep and if it’s worth the $$$. Which one to get? Or both? Purseforum give me your insight. I own zero totes. I’m a crossbody girl through and through. Planning a trip to Italy next year too.
2. Topshop Long Open Front cardi (see picture): oversized, balloon sleeves, is it cozy lounge chic or just makes me look like a slob and fat? Hmm? Not sure.
3. Blank Noir Traveler Wrap Jacket (see picture): runs large, sleeves super long, feels like good quality. Not sure the drape is flattering on me though.
4. AG ripped jeans (see picture): comfortable, slimming, cute. I don’t smell the chemical smell, but are these $120 cuter than my old navy jeans (which definitely have the chemical smell)?

Returns
1. BP Tonya open toe mules (see picture): didn’t like the pink and felt they were too uncomfortable without enough support.
2. Eileen Fisher Skill Strappy Sandal: too expensive for what they are. Alternative cute options available.
4. AG The Legging 12 yr Blue Dusk: medium dark wash jeans without distressing. Not as cute as the distressed ones. Crazy $$$.
5. Paige Corinth Star Print Dress: a little short for my bottom heavy frame to carry. Also, $$$.
6. RMS beauty glow set: I really want to try the Living luminizer as I hear amazing things, but it’s the dead of summer and my face is shiny already. So my wallet sings a sigh of relief to return this pricey set.
7. BP Raw Edge Tee: same as all the other people have stated, thin and scratchy.
8. Nike Sportswear Rally Jogger, Grey (see embarrassing picture): these are so comfortable you guys. But, they make my giant a$$ look giant x 1000. Maybe if I can get the black in stock, I will change my mind.
9. ASICS Gel Nimbus, mid grey (see picture): comfortable enough, cute, but still $$. Looking to probably get a pair of Mizunos as I find those more comfortable
10. Adidas Flashback Sneakers: tried these on in the store. Love Adidas cause they have a wide toe box, but these shoes looked weird. The white soles stick out comically far out the sides of the shoe. Basically, there’s what seems like a cm of sole visible from each side of the shoe when you look down at your foot. This is visible on the website pictures. Pass.
11. Trouve Hook and Eye Sweater Dress: does nothing for your boobs, shows every lump, the hook and eye is real and easily hooks and unhooks, but there is a length of black fabric running behind the hooks from the very top to your knees that actually holds the dress together.

View attachment 4140208 View attachment 4140200 View attachment 4140201 View attachment 4140202 View attachment 4140203 View attachment 4140204 View attachment 4140205

I absolutely love the Longchamp nylon tote I picked up from last yr's NAS. I'd intended to just use it on rainy or slushy days instead of my good bags but ended up using it more than any other bag. I have a purse organizer from The Container Store for it so it isn't a black hole-that probably makes a difference too.

I have multiple things that haven't shipped yet from the 12th and 13th. Reached out to customer service to see if they could be cancelled as 1) they are out of stock items and 2) I got what i needed in store. They said they can't cancel them and they'll ship by the end of July. Would rather just be done with returns, sigh.

I had the exact same experience!!! So over NAS and frankly the entire experience. This sale has become one gigantic marketing ploy- mainly for social media influencers to get the word out to “click below because it will sell out” while they get their commission. Most of the NAS items will be in the Rack by Labor Day. Long gone are the days when you could get great Fall/Winter items for a discount. Now it’s just “basics” that are see through that you could have gotten at Target for better quality and a fraction of the price.

Thanks @pixiejenna and everyone else who commented on the smell of the AG Jeans! The AG Farrahs ended up bunching around the knees after wearing it for a little while in the house, so I will end up returning these. Still on the fence about the AG ripped skinnies as I liked the style but the loose threads which are forming a bigger hole + the smell may make me return them too.

For some reason ALL denim at Nordstrom smells like moth balls. Go up to any pair, including jackets and give them a sniff. I think they're packed with moth balls during shipping from whatever country they're made in. And its a stink that will never go away.

I totally got a side eye and a comment when i returned 15 items yesterday [emoji28][emoji849]

I tried to return an item in the designer dept at the one in San Jose, CA and the SA there was on the phone- on hold...She mouthed to me "on the phone." I said can't you just return this item while you're waiting? And the old broad mouthed again...."on the phone". She can't walk and chew gum at the same time....:annoyed:

Unsure

If you are going to be in Italy, I would return the Longchamp and buy it there unless you desperately need a carry on for the plane. The Longchamp Le Pliage products are so much less expensive in Europe. like around 50% off, after the VAT refund. The cuir (leather) products are not quite as much off but still a good deal and the selection is excellent. I shopped at the Florence Longchamp store and bought a couple things for myself and several as gifts. There is also a boutique in Rome and one in Milan, I think.
ETA: The black cuir bag that I bought in Italy several years ago has been everywhere with me, stuffed in overhead compartments and under seats and still looks basically brand new. No wear on the corners at all. It's so lightweight too, it makes a great carry on.

Hi All!

Keeping

Unsure

Returns

View attachment 4140208 View attachment 4140200 View attachment 4140201 View attachment 4140202 View attachment 4140203 View attachment 4140204 View attachment 4140205

The halogen tunic is great my only problem is the selection of colors. I got black which I don’t wear often because it shows pet hair.

I’m not a fan of the long champ especially for travel. I originally bought the regular large tote loved it for travel then I bought the nordie sale one so I can pack even more. And to be honest the main reason I don’t like it is the skinny straps are painful on your shoulder especially when packed to the gills. It makes going around the airport tiresome when standing in long lines. I ended up getting a lesportsac travel tote at nordie rack and it’s my new holy grail for travel bags. It’s huge and you can pack a ton in it. The shoulder straps are wide enough to be comfortable to wear when heavy. It’s light weight nylon so easy care. And the Longchamp is a big pocket of emptiness making it difficult to find things. It has one open inside pocket that doesn’t really hold anything. The lesportsac tote came with a cosmetic pouch, has a inside zipper pocket, and three exterior zip pockets. Also the zippers can be locked with a small lock if for some reason you had to. My SIL saw mine on our last trip to Vegas and loved it so much she bought one for herself for travel. This is the style I got. https://www.lesportsac.com/products/travel-tote

I tried to return an item in the designer dept at the one in San Jose, CA and the SA there was on the phone- on hold...She mouthed to me "on the phone." I said can't you just return this item while you're waiting? And the old broad mouthed again...."on the phone". She can't walk and chew gum at the same time....:annoyed:

Haha omg the store I was returning things at was Valley Fair in San Jose!!

Reactions: lovemyrescues
Random question about points - When they calculate it on a Triple Points Day, do they base it on your time zone or PST? I always assumed it was according my timezone but I had a last minute order past midnight and I’m kinda hoping now it’s based on PST (I’m CST). Plus I notice they always follow PST when they announce dates on the sale and that 10 point day reward back on the 11th and 12th. :P

Regarding smelly jeans, I too noticed this today. I was going to try a pair of Kut from the Kloth and they reeked of sulfur. I have noticed this smell for years on dark wash/black jeans, especially cheaper brands. I really wanted those jeans, but they went back on the rack as soon as I got a whiff.:sick:

Reactions: USCGirlie
Anyone else order and not get a tracking # yet? It's been 8 days for me and not even one email [emoji849]

The shipping is taking crazy long. Even for NAS items. I’ve gotten emails for all of my confirmed orders “we got your order more info will be coming soon!” But nothing in shipping. Longest wait is currently 5 days for me.

Thinking of buying two more items:

Olukai Ohana Sandal- Not sure what color to buy
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/olukai...retail-price-64-95/3072372?origin=shoppingbag

Vince Sneakers- Anyone by the black one? Also how is the sizing? I'm usually a 5.5 and 6 in boots, should I still size down to a 5? Thanks!
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/vince-cantara-slip-on-sneaker-women/4908922?origin=shoppingbag

I’m between a 6-6.5 and usually get the 6.5 in shoes. Sized to a 6 and they fit well. Hope that helps.

Can someone help me with sizing for the birkenstock clogs? Im a true 9.5 but with euro sizes it varies. I got my ecco’s in a 9-9.5/40 and they fit perfect, not sure if I should do the same for birka or get the 10-10.5/41

Status
Not open for further replies.