No More Birkins On The Floor!!!!!

hmmm, now i'm thinking you could put a little cotton square in the pouch and then only take out the hook, and leave the padded pouch to use between purse and hook. a little pillow.

It was my hubby who suggested the bubble wrap, I actually think HH suggestion is nicer and I am going to try that.

:heart: let me know how it works on a double-handle purse. i'm really curious. my strap is very flat - i wonder if/think maybe a single kelly handle would fit easily on this hook.
the advantage of the bubble wrap is that it would prevent any slipping. if the bag is hefty enough, the pillow maybe would stay put (and there is less to assemble).:smile:

Heh! I'm using the ones that I design and make - all hand painted on capiz... ;)
Tried some of the ones in the market but didn't like the quality. Though the high end ones do live up to it but a little too pricey especially if I'm putting one on all the bags in my collection :graucho:

Attachments

• T-012.jpg
    T-012.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 42
allaboutnice, how did your diy project turn out?
HiHeels, haven't been anywhere to try it out :sad: except for a French class on Friday, took my Kelly and had a practise on my kitchen table, then decided against it as Kelly would have been dangling on thin metal for 2 hours and I reckoned it was too much pressure, the Bolide seems easier somehow due to the curve of 2 handles distributing the weight, the Kelly handle is flatter at the point of contact and I felt sure it would leave an indentation. I've read on a bit in this thread and I love Rose's bubble wrap idea, but then I read your idea of using the felt pouch it comes with, what a simple and obvious idea, I wish I had a brain. DH is probably going to B&Q tomorrow, a DIY place, he gets discount on a Wednesday cos he's so old, LOL, I still have an idea to hunt out something that I might be able to thread onto the hook - soft plastic tubing or something, won't know what I'm looking for until I see it. But, having said that, I very taken with the idea of using the felt pouch, will have to experiment with that when I get a chance as it seems the most elegant solution if I can make it work.

allaboutnice i totally understand your tubing idea. wouldn't work with the linked/round design since it has to fold up (or at least, it would have to be removed each time). rose would know better, but i feel like a kelly would hang well off of the link hook...
how about your picotin? how does that hang off the hooks?
lol, i think it's all in the copywriting. calling it a pillow sounds nicer than bubblewrap. lol but whatever gets the job done, right?!

OK, DH bought some tubing from the DIY shop and it works really well, I'm very happy to use the hook with the tubing on for my Bolide but for Kelly, I use the tube and also for good measure, I fold up the velvet pouch and rest the Kelly handle on top of the lot. She sat for a good 1.5 hours like that today and I had no fear about any marks and at the end, there was no sign of any mark or pressure or anything. Also, I felt quite comfortable outing the hook for the first time, no-one noticed and if they did, no-one questioned me. I feel much happier about it all now and I'm glad to have this option when an extra chair for my bag isn't possible, provided of course the table top isn't too thick to take the hook.

Here are some pics, showing the hook with the added tubing, then showing Kelly resting on the tubing alone, then resting on a little 'cushion' made out of the folded pouch:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• hook5.jpg
    hook5.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 112
  • hook6.jpg
    hook6.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 125
  • hook7.jpg
    hook7.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 110
allaboutnice that looks terrific!
i love how simple the top of your hook is, the circle. where did you get that one again?
i bet the rubber tubing helps the velvet pouch stay on too.
it looks really great - i can't get over it. good job.

allaboutnice that looks terrific!
i love how simple the top of your hook is, the circle. where did you get that one again?
i bet the rubber tubing helps the velvet pouch stay on too.
it looks really great - i can't get over it. good job.

Thank you HH, it's from www.so-hooked.com

The tubing squeezed on with a bit of effort and it seems to have stayed in place; it was YOUR idea though about the velvet cushion that wasthe icing on the cake for me, so THANK YOU!

lol,.. nice how al these old post always seem to resurface!

I'm addicted to purse hangers. I have about 11 of them now and I got my daughter into them as well. I have not stopped using them since I discovered their existance. I think everyone should have atleast one.