Niki Baby vs Small Lou Lou

Would you get the Niki Baby in smooth leather or the small Lou Lou?

• Niki Baby

• Small Lou Lou

Results are only viewable after voting.

1HandbagCrazyMs

BLESSED & HIGHLY FAVORED
Jan 1, 2014
Georgia
Hello everyone!
I have been eyeing the small Lou Lou in dark beige for months now. However, browsing through this forum I discovered the Niki baby bag and fell in love! I am really in to the smooth leather version. My style is more casual so I think that is why it is so appealing to me. The Lou Lou looks a lot more formal but I think it could be dressed down. If you all had to choose which would you get and why? I just really need some different perspectives to help me decide! Any input will be greatly appreciated! TIA!

gbbeau

Jun 22, 2019
I'd choose the Loulou cuz I'm not a huge fan of the overall design of the Niki. The deep front pocket and the piping around the edges of the bag kinda throw me off... it gives me lunchbox vibes.

Reactions: 1HandbagCrazyMs

1HandbagCrazyMs

BLESSED & HIGHLY FAVORED
Jan 1, 2014
Georgia
I'd choose the Loulou cuz I'm not a huge fan of the overall design of the Niki. The deep front pocket and the piping around the edges of the bag kinda throw me off... it gives me lunchbox vibes.
lol. I never thought about it like that. Thanks for sharing!

cly_forever

Sparkle on!
Mar 31, 2013
Food Haven
I am never a fan of the Loulou bag because of its square-ish silhoutte with somewhat weird corners. I personally do not find the Loulou flattering at all despite feeling its leather seems more durable than the Niki. Niki is a good everyday, classic-shaped flap bag, which could be used at work and for casual day out. My bodily contours would never work with the Loulou in whatever size, and I very much prefer a flap bag.

It would be better to reflect on your own lifestyle, wardrobe, and built.

Last edited:

nycmeeb

Dec 8, 2020
i have a toy loulou and I actually think the shape of loulou bags are super cute! I love the slight puffiness of the bags and I've been drooling over the small loulou in dark beige ever since that color came out last fall. I think a major irk people have with loulou bags is the leather creasing, since it's so soft, so I would definitely recommend trying it on in-person to see how it looks on you and ensure you get a bag with no deep creases.

HavPlenty

Feb 8, 2013
Southern CA
Hello everyone!
I have been eyeing the small Lou Lou in dark beige for months now. However, browsing through this forum I discovered the Niki baby bag and fell in love! I am really in to the smooth leather version. My style is more casual so I think that is why it is so appealing to me. The Lou Lou looks a lot more formal but I think it could be dressed down. If you all had to choose which would you get and why? I just really need some different perspectives to help me decide! Any input will be greatly appreciated! TIA!
The LouLou can be dressed down and is a great dat to evening bag. However, I just saw a lady in the store wearing a Niki Baby and it was the cutest thing. She wore it with jeans and a tee and it looked perfect. It was the black crinkly leather. Definitely stood out.

I would choose the LouLou but I think you should go with what gives you that spark. You already said you fell in love with the Niki.

I really stopped buying bags just because and focused on getting what I truly loved. It makes everything so much more fun because it truly is a joy to carry them.

Last edited:

HavPlenty

Feb 8, 2013
Southern CA
I am never a fan of the Loulou bag because of its square-ish silhoutte with somewhat weird corners. I personally do not find the Loulou flattering at all despite feeling its leather seems more durable than the Niki. Niki is a good everyday, classic-shaped flap bag, which could be used at work and for casual day out. My bodily contours would never work with the Loulou in whatever size, and I very much prefer a flap bag.

It would be better to reflect on your own lifestyle, wardrobe, and built.
Well Lou Lou is a flap bag as well. It's just an envelope style. But I get what you mean overall. Do you have the medium or the baby?

cly_forever

Sparkle on!
Mar 31, 2013
Food Haven
Well Lou Lou is a flap bag as well. It's just an envelope style. But I get what you mean overall. Do you have the medium or the baby?
Oh yes, you are correct. The Loulou is a flap bag as well. Just the overall silhouette of the Loulou does not work for me. I prefer the Niki in the medium lambskin, as I have prefer more structured smaller bags.