Niki Baby vs Small Lou Lou

Would you get the Niki Baby in smooth leather or the small Lou Lou?

• Niki Baby

• Small Lou Lou

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello everyone!
I have been eyeing the small Lou Lou in dark beige for months now. However, browsing through this forum I discovered the Niki baby bag and fell in love! I am really in to the smooth leather version. My style is more casual so I think that is why it is so appealing to me. The Lou Lou looks a lot more formal but I think it could be dressed down. If you all had to choose which would you get and why? I just really need some different perspectives to help me decide! Any input will be greatly appreciated! TIA!

I am never a fan of the Loulou bag because of its square-ish silhoutte with somewhat weird corners. I personally do not find the Loulou flattering at all despite feeling its leather seems more durable than the Niki. Niki is a good everyday, classic-shaped flap bag, which could be used at work and for casual day out. My bodily contours would never work with the Loulou in whatever size, and I very much prefer a flap bag.

It would be better to reflect on your own lifestyle, wardrobe, and built.

Last edited:
i have a toy loulou and I actually think the shape of loulou bags are super cute! I love the slight puffiness of the bags and I've been drooling over the small loulou in dark beige ever since that color came out last fall. I think a major irk people have with loulou bags is the leather creasing, since it's so soft, so I would definitely recommend trying it on in-person to see how it looks on you and ensure you get a bag with no deep creases.

Reactions: prettyyybizarrre
Hello everyone!
I have been eyeing the small Lou Lou in dark beige for months now. However, browsing through this forum I discovered the Niki baby bag and fell in love! I am really in to the smooth leather version. My style is more casual so I think that is why it is so appealing to me. The Lou Lou looks a lot more formal but I think it could be dressed down. If you all had to choose which would you get and why? I just really need some different perspectives to help me decide! Any input will be greatly appreciated! TIA!
The LouLou can be dressed down and is a great dat to evening bag. However, I just saw a lady in the store wearing a Niki Baby and it was the cutest thing. She wore it with jeans and a tee and it looked perfect. It was the black crinkly leather. Definitely stood out.

I would choose the LouLou but I think you should go with what gives you that spark. You already said you fell in love with the Niki.

I really stopped buying bags just because and focused on getting what I truly loved. It makes everything so much more fun because it truly is a joy to carry them.

Last edited:
I am never a fan of the Loulou bag because of its square-ish silhoutte with somewhat weird corners. I personally do not find the Loulou flattering at all despite feeling its leather seems more durable than the Niki. Niki is a good everyday, classic-shaped flap bag, which could be used at work and for casual day out. My bodily contours would never work with the Loulou in whatever size, and I very much prefer a flap bag.

It would be better to reflect on your own lifestyle, wardrobe, and built.
Well Lou Lou is a flap bag as well. It's just an envelope style. But I get what you mean overall. Do you have the medium or the baby?

Well Lou Lou is a flap bag as well. It's just an envelope style. But I get what you mean overall. Do you have the medium or the baby?

Oh yes, you are correct. The Loulou is a flap bag as well. Just the overall silhouette of the Loulou does not work for me. I prefer the Niki in the medium lambskin, as I have prefer more structured smaller bags.

They are both great bags! I think the Loulou can look great casually and has a better ability to go day-to-night. The Nikki is more overall casual and I think better organization with the back pocket. So pick which is a bigger priority for you!

Hi! Not sure if you are still looking but I am selling my YSL Baby Niki in black crinkled leather if you’re interested! It’s in new condition- I’ve only worn it 2-3 times. I bought in Hawaii so it’s 20% less than the US. Sad to let her go bc she is gorgeous, but I got the LV multipochette in black empriente for my bday.. and I don’t need another black bag.

Hi! Not sure if you are still looking but I am selling my YSL Baby Niki in black crinkled leather if you’re interested! It’s in new condition- I’ve only worn it 2-3 times. I bought in Hawaii so it’s 20% less than the US. Sad to let her go bc she is gorgeous, but I got the LV multipochette in black empriente for my bday.. and I don’t need another black bag.
Thanks but I am really looking for the baby niki in dark beige with gold hardware. I have all the black bags I need as well! :rolleyes: